Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #29
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Did the salesman use lube? Or did he just dry dog you? Lmao!
This.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:30 AM   #30
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
Don't you have to have the Rear Vision Package to have the rear camera work? I know it doesn't make sense to put the camera on there if it's not functional, but if the camera did work without the RVP, what would be the reason for having that at all?

My miles per tank varies, depending on the kind of driving I do. It's usually between 290 and 320 miles per tank. It also got better as the engine got broken in little bit and I think the CAI and Dyno-Max exhaust also helped a little.
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #31
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Forever View Post
How come I never get any customers like this...?

You would only need a few sales to make a good living and maybe could work less hours!
Old 08-22-2015, 12:29 PM   #32
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
If it the car was bought from a licensed Chevrolet dealer as a 'new' vehicle, it must include the "Maroney" a.k.a. "window" sticker. This is Federal law. They must show it to you and give it to you with the car. The sticker will have a complete list of each standard item, and optional item on the car, including the cost of that option, and the final MSRP of that particular car. The Maroney sticker is provided by the manufacturer, and must be publicly displayed until the vehicle is sold.

So, where is your sticker?
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:50 AM   #33
BALLIBHAI

Drives: Blue color, RS, Performance Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I have no idea to the backup camera. I don't know why the factory would install it if it wasn't ordered. Do you have the rear proximity sensors? They look like 4 plastic plugs spread along the bumper.

The tank is 18.9 gallons. When the Low Fuel message comes on I can usually put in ~16 gallons. IIRC the most I ever put in was ~17.5.

Weather may make a difference, when it is hot there are more vapors and the pump could kick off sooner.

Well when i see my low fuel message the max i could put in is 14.5 gallon. I think i might just wait till the car gets around 5000 miles and see how it works after that. Because I talk to the dealer and he said it is a brand new car so give it a time.

And i do see four circles on the back bumper but there are no sensor or anything just plastic.
BALLIBHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:53 AM   #34
BALLIBHAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire15 View Post
Weather thing seems like a stretch to me. It's been 110+ here the last week or so and I regularly put in 16-17 gallons. Heat should not have any meaningful impact.

Yup i agree with you, but there is nothing i can do. The dealer told me to keep record of how much i pay for the gas and how much gallon of tank i fill till around 5000 miles, if it still not filling up to 16 or 17 gallon then he said he will send the car to service.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:59 AM   #35
BALLIBHAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Congrats on being a new Camaro owner ,Dont feel bad that you dont know a lot about your car , You can learn , I learned a ton since I bought my car,There are members on here that are amazing in the knowledge of these cars ,Many members can help you out and if you look at the right forums the answers more than likely there already. As far as backup cameras , you should be able to get by without them with practice, I never had one and a couple of times had a rental and tried to use them and I hit what I was backing up to when it was not suppose to hit . I suppose the tech is better now , but your eyes are good also . As far as gas if you are on the Interstate expect to get 30 mpg no problem , City I wouldnt know or care . Like most cars they give you plenty of gas to0 get to a station to not run out , Most on this site will never let it get below a 1/4 tank before refilling so it wont be sucking gas from the bottom of the tank .

Thank you for the information.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:02 AM   #36
BALLIBHAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
Don't you have to have the Rear Vision Package to have the rear camera work? I know it doesn't make sense to put the camera on there if it's not functional, but if the camera did work without the RVP, what would be the reason for having that at all?

My miles per tank varies, depending on the kind of driving I do. It's usually between 290 and 320 miles per tank. It also got better as the engine got broken in little bit and I think the CAI and Dyno-Max exhaust also helped a little.

I remember the dealer told me when i chose the performance exhaust package the camaro bumper gets replaced, so when it got replaced it had this back up camera attached to it, but not pre-wired (which to me sounds BS..)
Old 08-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #37
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
This thread makes me do this over and over
I have NPP and back up camera, so now