Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-06-2019, 07:44 PM   #1
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
I think my intercooler pump is bad. Resivoir

I think my intercooler pump is bad.

I stopped for gas yesterday, and when I turned on my car when i was done. This loud buzzing sound could be heard coming from the under the hood.

At 1st I couldn't identify what it was, since I lived aright around the corner, I decided to just limp the car home. Once I arrived home I popped the hood and tried to open my intercooler reservoir...... but it was way to hot to touch, I decided to let the car rest the night.

Today I went back to my car to figure this sound out.

I opened my reservoir and noticed that the coolant wasn't moving.

Now, I haven't checked my fuse or relay, because this buzzing sounds comes and goes.

Any help would be great.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:35 AM   #2
abshire1006

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
I had the same sound with mine, but my tank was almost empty. Had a pin hole at the auction of the pimp and it was sucking air, fixed the hole, added fluid, bleed the air out and it was all good after that. With the fluid not moving but your pump making noise I would say it’s not a fuse, the pumps on but not moving fluid so you should have power. Check for a restriction in the hose.
2012 SS, Magnuson supercharger, leathel racing night fury cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers,ACT twin disk clutch, BMR suspension, 620 RWHP 580 ftp 11.8 @121 1/4 mile time on 295/35/20 nitto nt555g2 tires
abshire1006 is offline   Reply With Quote