Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-29-2018, 07:44 PM   #1
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Exhaust and Brakes Recommendations Please

Moved

Last edited by GLBL WMR; 05-30-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Moved to SS forum
GLBL WMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:12 PM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
save your $$$ and get sum stock pads and rotors....unless your racing drilled/slotted is just for looks....

instead take your $$$ and get in touch with dynoSteve at RDP https://www.rdpstore.com/...get a custom remote tune that will wake your ride right the f up....

now since you should always do the exhaust from the front back and the major restriction is the stock cats...what ever cat back you were to do now the sound WILL change when you do the LT's(cutouts?)

this way you can really see what these cars can do STOCK before you cam...

good luck and you can thank me later...lulz

peace

btw - don't forget the rear suspension mods to stop the hop!
Old 05-29-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
Family and work commitments have kept me away from my 2010 SS for a couple of years, but I need to replace the original rotors and pads and I'm going to install a cat-back while I'm at it. Can anybody recommend some good cross-drilled and slotted rotors and pads? I'm not looking to break the bank but I want an upgrade over OEM.

As far as the exhaust, can anybody recommend a cat-back that isn't over the top? I've always like the Stainless Works chambered kit, but it is too loud considering I'm looking at a cam, LTs, and electric cut-outs for next year. I'd like to find a cat-back with a nice sound that isn't ridiculously loud when I don't want it to be (and when I do want it to be - well that's why I want the cut-outs). I'm not really a fan of Corsa or Borla. Has anybody come out with anything new these past couple of years worth looking at?
What happen to the SS forum, nobody over there anymore?
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote