Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-19-2018, 11:23 AM   #43
zz430camaro

Drives: 2015 1LE
Yes, if they want to pay then so be it!
zz430camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #44
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
It's been 2 weeks since I've emailed him my cam questionnaire and still nothing... I sent him an email asking for an ETA as of Saturday with no response yet.

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #45
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Pat G is a very busy man, always best to make a call or email. He also shuts down 2 weeks out of the year for vacation. My advise is just hang in there.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #46
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Pat G is a very busy man, always best to make a call or email. He also shuts down 2 weeks out of the year for vacation. My advise is just hang in there.
That's good to know but, I hope he would give me a heads up before he just went on vacation because I talked to him the day I sent in the specs lol. I left a vm and sent an email today. Hopefully I at least hear something back regarding an ETA.

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #47
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
That's good to know but, I hope he would give me a heads up before he just went on vacation because I talked to him the day I sent in the specs lol. I left a vm and sent an email today. Hopefully I at least hear something back regarding an ETA.
He is a bit swamped this time of the year to say the least!

It took him about 4 weeks to get me a new tune for e85 (March - May). I kind of expected it this time of the year with it being Hot Rod season.

It's kind of a mute point now, but he was very responsive during Sept-Dec. I guess the guys up North are packing in around that time of the year.

Hang in there though! He is definitely one of the best.
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #48
zz430camaro

Any news?
Old 06-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #49
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz430camaro View Post
Any news?
Left him a VM Monday and emailed him to ask if he had an ETA. I Even left him a text with no response back. He responded, "may I ask who is this" to my text, to which I responded with my name less than a minute later with no response from him after that.
I don't know what's going on but at this point I think I'm going to request a refund through PayPal. I understand he's busy, but at the least he could respond back to my messages. I paid for the cam questionnaire on May 21st and have reached out and haven't heard back since that day to which I gave him a follow up call verifying payment went through and I filled the questionnaire out right (he was also very rude asking me "you sure are impatient aren't you" upon me asking if everything went through correctly).

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Old 06-06-2018, 07:25 PM   #50
zz430camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
Left him a VM Monday and emailed him to ask if he had an ETA. I Even left him a text with no response back. He responded, "may I ask who is this" to my text, to which I responded with my name less than a minute later with no response from him after that.
I don't know what's going on but at this point I think I'm going to request a refund through PayPal. I understand he's busy, but at the least he could respond back to my messages. I paid for the cam questionnaire on May 21st and have reached out and haven't heard back since that day to which I gave him a follow up call verifying payment went through and I filled the questionnaire out right (he was also very rude asking me "you sure are impatient aren't you" upon me asking if everything went through correctly).

Did you pay the extra for the expidited recommendation? Try an email and explain your situation to him, he should respond.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #51
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz430camaro View Post
Did you pay the extra for the expidited recommendation? Try an email and explain your situation to him, he should respond.
I ended up getting a refund. No I didn't pay for the expedited recommendation. But I thought over 2 two weeks with no communication or response to messages or calls was ridiculous for cam specs. Next time I need a cam spec'd I'll just go through Cam Motion, especially since they do it for free if you buy the cam from them.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #52
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
I am very sorry to hear that coming from him. At the end of the day I do understand your situation. Best of luck to you.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:07 PM   #53
miller8907

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS LS3
I've been having pat do my tuning remotely since last year. I was really happy with his response time last year but it has been pretty slow this year. Before i would get updates, at the latest, 1 week from sending a log. Sometimes same day. This year it has been up to a month. I've currently been waiting 3 weeks for my next update. Thinking of going elsewhere.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #54
zz430camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller8907 View Post
I've been having pat do my tuning remotely since last year. I was really happy with his response time last year but it has been pretty slow this year. Before i would get updates, at the latest, 1 week from sending a log. Sometimes same day. This year it has been up to a month. I've currently been waiting 3 weeks for my next update. Thinking of going elsewhere.
I had Pat do a remote tune on my car and he did get it close but I ended up going to a local place and they put it on the rollers and dialed it in. If you do a tune remote with Pat make sure you get a good wideband installed so you can feed him that data. My car was lean with the Pat G tune but without the wideband data he can only do so much. The local tuner did get it to idle better also.