Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Lingenfelter quasi update

I get Lingenfelter newsletter as I m sure some of you may. The most resent was to highlight their 660 HP synergy green V8 beast. I decided to email them the following. Their response follows....
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:21 PM
To: Sales
Subject: Re: Lingenfelter eNewsletter Featured Packages & Products

Thanks for the newsletter. *I must tell you however as a Camaro V6 owner I have little use for products that increase the performance of a V8. *Am curious to know if you guys have any plans to finish your research on FI and the LLT V6. *I know that DI does create a lot of new challenges-something no doubt LPE is going to have figure out anyway when GM goes DI on all of it's V8's. *Would love to own a 500+HP V6 Camaro.

Thank you for your interest in Lingenfelter.* I with you will be tickled to release the V6 supercharger package when we get the green light.* Yes there are some unique challenges we are facing, but we are not giving up on the project, but won’t release until its 100%.
We’ll be in touch!
Jeff Myers
Sales/Technical support

Your thoughts:
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
It's easy for a guy sitting in a sales office to sit there and type it. They put it on the shelf and as far as I'm concerned it's crap they don't admit they scrapped it as they were close over a year ago. Now we've got guys making their own turbo and supercharger set-ups.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
i will believe it when i see it.... which likely won't be for a long long time.

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
I usually ignore anything from the lingenfelter camp. At least until they earn their credibility back. Over hyping a product that turns out to be vapor is a bad marketing move.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
SIXJAK

I too am skeptical and a bit jaded but given all the difficulty that we've seen among our own ranks in putting together a FI kit that is both reliable and puts it on a performance footing with a V8 let alone surpasing it, I'm willing to cut a company like Lingenfelter who warranties their work and has a good reputation to protect a little slack.

I do think things are going to have to change as the V8 get DI. That's not to far away.

Has anybody seen any test results on the Hurst/STS Camaros anywhere? It's like those things have gone into a vacuum somewhere.

In the meantime the people that are spending their own money in this effort are to be applauded and encouraged. They're the ones putting their money where their mouth is.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
MyWorld

Drives: RJT 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I too am skeptical and a bit jaded but given all the difficulty that we've seen among our own ranks in putting together a FI kit that is both reliable and puts it on a performance footing with a V8 let alone surpasing it, I'm willing to cut a company like Lingenfelter who warranties their work and has a good reputation to protect a little slack.

I do think things are going to have to change as the V8 get DI. That's not to far away.

Has anybody seen any test results on the Hurst/STS Camaros anywhere? It's like those things have gone into a vacuum somewhere.

In the meantime the people that are spending their own money in this effort are to be applauded and encouraged. They're the ones putting their money where their mouth is.
Ive been waiting to find someone who bought a Hurst STS Camaro on Camaro5 too. I wish there was a wau to find out how many were actually sold.
MyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 AM   #7
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Lingenfelter is coming to our Meet & Greet Camaro Rally on July 16th being held at Hare chevrolet in Noblesville, IN. They came last year and have committed to being there this year and have told me they plan to bring two, very special cars to this event. That's all I was told and I'm sticking to that story.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131939
Old 04-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #8
SIXJAK

MyWorld Ive been waiting to find someone who bought a Hurst STS Camaro on Camaro5 too. I wish there was a wau to find out how many were actually sold.

These Hurst STS Camaros are going to be some pretty insane unicorns.

chozn4service Lingenfelter is coming to our Meet & Greet Camaro Rally on July 16th being held at Hare chevrolet in Noblesville, IN. They came last year and have committed to being there this year and have told me they plan to bring two, very special cars to this event. That's all I was told and I'm sticking to that story.

Well that is very cool. I'd love to see what they are bringing period. Their stuff is solid. We'll just have to see if one of them is a FI V6. We all love the great V8's but with fuel prices headed north I think some might start rethinking the whole V8 thing.