Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #113
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7ngolf View Post
Jeff, I am directing this towards you not at you. I appreciate you doing your part in this and greatly appreciate your assist in all of our issues. Since I have been keeping all up to date on my situation, here we go again... Got a call today from the 3rd different 'case worker' regarding my 'claim'. She stated that she contacted my dealer and told them of what I described as a cause, and they were contacting technical support department. Then she asked me if there was anything else she could do before closing this out! I asked what was meant by closing it out and what is my next step in getting this resolved. She replied that since there is no bulletins, or fix available at this time, I cannot do anything other than wait for more people to come forward with this issue and hopefully someone will create a bulletin or something!

Soooooo at this point, after feeling the love, I now feel like I have been thrown to the curb with the garbage... I guess all I can do is plead with all of the convertible owners, to please take your car in and mention the problem even if you think it is minor. I have noticed that everyone that has posted pics has had varying amounts of rub and wear, so no matter how bad yours is, at least take a couple hours to stop in and see your dealer to make this known!

Being from the south, my car has 1500 miles on it of which only about 120 are with the top up, mine seems to be wearing very quickly, I do refuse to try to fix on my own which I am sure I could do, and may after they put a new top on my car because of the hole that will be in it by the end of the summer at the latest I am sure..
I dropped off my car to get the top looked at and a couple other things.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #114
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
WOW the canvas already have marks!?!?
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #115
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Thank you cj7ngolf and Drago77. I would like to echo them in saying having your dealer take a look at the issue is one of the many ways to let us know about the problems you are having with your vehicle. If we don't know you're having problems we wont know to resolve them. Let your dealers know about your vehicles and, if you would like, get into contact with our Customer Assistance team and let us know that way. I am also documenting all of my interactions on this forum on top of the other methods I mentioned so hopefully through these avenues we can get something going so that you don't have to worry about your convertible tops.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #116
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Update: My car is still at the dealer sitting there waiting on GM engineers to call back with instructions on what to do.

Looks like they needed to do some more testing.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #117
Mandog

Drives: 2011 RJT 1LT Vert
I took mine in today to document the wear marks. Service Dept. said they would forward to Chevy, but unless there is an actual recall they would not notify me if a service bulletin comes out. I told them no problem as thanks to Camaro5 I would probably know about it before they do.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #118
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
My 69 has similar issue's after the tops been down, The guy who installed the new top along with upgraded inner pad also added some padding of the rear wheel wells and it has helped the wrinkles on the C pillar. The end of the bows need some tweaking to help the other spots. Hope they get you guys fixed up, Good luck

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...122653318.html
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #119
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Update: My car is still at the dealer sitting there waiting on GM engineers to call back with instructions on what to do.

Looks like they needed to do some more testing.

They hold ur car overnight or did you get a final word back? GM asked me to get a "second opinion" from another dealer on mine....
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #120
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandog View Post
I took mine in today to document the wear marks. Service Dept. said they would forward to Chevy, but unless there is an actual recall they would not notify me if a service bulletin comes out. I told them no problem as thanks to Camaro5 I would probably know about it before they do.
LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
They hold ur car overnight or did you get a final word back? GM asked me to get a "second opinion" from another dealer on mine....
They said GM told them to send them pictures and the GM engineers would get back to them. My service mgr said it might take days so I picked Ginger up today.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #121
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Same thing I was told, even says it on my work order receipt- pictures taken and forwarded to GM something or other...I wonder how many complaints it takes to get them to address an issue?
Old 05-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #122
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
If it's like the company I work for (needs to remain anonymous, but has 14,000 people) even the simple fixes take time. And GM is much larger. But I wouldn't give up hope on a fix soon, from videos and postings here, it seems like the Camaro development/production is an agile process.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #123
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
I remain in limbo like others here. Car spent 2 days in shop with nothing done and for me to go back to dealer in mid-June to see if GM's issued a bulletin yet.

I appreciate everyone who's having this issue taking it in to dealer and posting here.
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #124
jdec141c

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert 2SS/RS 6M Hurst
My replacement top and repair parts are in. I'm dropping my car off Wednesday and should get it back Friday. I'll post a copy of the invoice as soon as I get it back so hopefully you can take it in and let them know GM is fixing it for some people. I'll try to get pics of the changes they made as well.
jdec141c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #125
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdec141c View Post
My replacement top and repair parts are in. I'm dropping my car off Wednesday and should get it back Friday. I'll post a copy of the invoice as soon as I get it back so hopefully you can take it in and let them know GM is fixing it for some people. I'll try to get pics of the changes they made as well.
GREAT- THANK YOU!

Keep us posted!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #126
swagled

Drives: Y2000 Olds Intrigue
Hopefully Chevrolet will not let this become a "smouldering question" like Ford has, with their manual transmissions in the Mustang.
swagled is offline   Reply With Quote