Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Time estimate for installing Pfadt suspension components

Wondering if anyone has time estimates on installing the following Pfadt suspension parts. Looking for times it would take a shop to do it, not a DIY. Everything done at once.

Thanks

Solid Subframe mounts # 1410106
Rear control arms # 1410134
Engine mounts # 1420109
Front trailing arm sphericals # 1410117

Last edited by bannonm; 03-22-2012 at 05:32 PM.
bannonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
Not sure if this helps you at all. I have Pfadt also, but different components and I was out at shops today doing the same thing. Coilovers, sway bar, trailing arm package and differential mounts. I got estimates from 6 to 8 hours for install. I think you have to drop the entire rear end off of the car to install the subframe mounts.

Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Yeah, I already installed the sways myself last year. Not doing coilovers until the new ones come out. Anxious to get the rest on now though despite the fact it would save some time doing the coilovers at the same time.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
I asked about doing what I have now while I am waiting for Pfadt to make coilovers again, I picked up everything last month from Apex Pfadt sale, but it would be 2 hours extra install time and another alignment. I am going to wait for the coilovers and do it all at one time. How are you enjoying the sway bars?
I would really like to hear how long it took to install the subframe bushings, I was going to get them but had to stop buying stuff

Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
I installed the Pfadt Trailing Arms, Tie Rods, Diff Bushings, Solid Subframe Mounts, and Engine Mounts along with my Stainless Works Headers with the help of a buddy who works at a shop. We went in on a closed day and threw the SS up on a lift and got to work. For everything it took about 8-8.5 hours... now take 1-2 hours away for the Headers we did and I would say it can be done in about 6-7 total for the parts I had. That was with like 2 15 minute breaks or so.

Now, with having a shop do it... knowing how they estimate hours you could easily be billed for like 9-10 and that wouldn't surprise me.

Check out my build thread for pics of the install (I forgot the Camera that day so we had to use a crappy cell phone but you get the idea)

Good luck and enjoy the Pfadt suspension components
Old 03-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Well you're probably looking at 8ish hours to do the work you're looking for. The total hours could change depending on the shops familiarity with the 5th Gen.

Probably 4 hours to do the rear subframe. It's going to need to be completely removed from the chassis to do the rear subframe mounts. While they're in there they can swap out the Trailing Arms and Toe Rods in probably 1/2 hour... most of that work will be easier while the subframe is on the ground anyway.

Figure 2 hours for Trailing Arms and Engine Mounts. If you're familiar with the Camaro and have the right tools and a lift you can knock both of these out in a real hurry, but if this is one of the first Camaro's they've seen in their shop it may take a little more time.

I think 8 hours would be a reasonable estimate.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote