Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
InfernoSS454

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Dealership

Me and the wife went looking today on an economical car. There is a ford and chevy dealer close to home. Well anyways the chevy dealer immidiatly came out and helped us out. He had all the paperwork for all models listing miles,price,etc. The ford dealer didn't come and help us we had to ask and they didn't know nothing. And to top it off their prices are ridicoulous. Needless to say the ford dealer acted like @$$ and as if they better and don't need a customer. Atleast that's the impressionthey gave me when I was there. CHEVY all the way.
InfernoSS454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
kylenewman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
When I bought my camaro the first two Chevy dealers were dicks. I was preapproved and they simply didn't want the easiest sale of their lives apparently. Dealers make or break a brand and unfortunately there are terrible dealers for every brand.
kylenewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Don't dealers make commission off sales? If that is so I could never understand why dealers would be pricks when someone could potentially pay their paycheck.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
You probably shouldn't have worn your "FORD SUCKS" t-shirt

Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfusion View Post
You probably shouldn't have worn your "FORD SUCKS" t-shirt
And the hat from C5
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Don't dealers make commission off sales? If that is so I could never understand why dealers would be pricks when someone could potentially pay their paycheck.

the salesmen do, I don't think the dealership does. though I do believe it effects how many cars they can order from GM.

but anyway, all dealerships are different. in the town I live in the Ford dealer is by far the best one. unfortunately, i have zero interest in buying a Ford. so every time I want to buy a car I have to drive 45 minutes away to a different town where the dealerships are much better. but I will say, the dealer I bought my camaro from was by far the best one I've ever dealt with.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
Supersport2011L99
Yellowbird

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS/ L99
Yea I went to 2 chevy dealerships and they we're completely useless. I went to one and said I was looking for a 2ss rs rally yellow and they came back saying there isn't one in all of north america and the manager said to me " why don't you just get a v6 why do you need all that power, it's much smarter to get a v6" I just got up and walked away then I went to a next dealership and they also said that they can't find a rally yellow 2ss rs...finally I went to a 3rd dealership and they found it within 10 minutes.
Supersport2011L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
I have dealt with my dealership several times, couldn't ask for better service. Good people and i steer others in their direction when car shopping.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersport2011L99 View Post
Yea I went to 2 chevy dealerships and they we're completely useless. I went to one and said I was looking for a 2ss rs rally yellow and they came back saying there isn't one in all of north america and the manager said to me " why don't you just get a v6 why do you need all that power, it's much smarter to get a v6" I just got up and walked away then I went to a next dealership and they also said that they can't find a rally yellow 2ss rs...finally I went to a 3rd dealership and they found it within 10 minutes.
Your experience is sad but a reflection of the economy. If the dealer has to dealer trade the car it means someone, not you, has to pay to get each car, the one trading and the one traded for, between dealers. Sales people don't want to do this because the difference in the transportation costs is taken off the sales price of the vehicle dropping their commission. Since the new Camaros are highly sough after they would rather just wait on the next guy to make full commission.

From the dealership persepctive, they also lose because they pay the tranfer costs outright.They also lose a car from their lot that they think they can sell (or they wold not have ordered it). Also, the other dealre has to agree to the trade. That's a whole different story. What probably happened with your dealer is that they had interest in the other dealership so it was a funny money transfer and they still ended up moving their inventory. You will find a lot of Chevy dealerships are owned by the same person.

In any case, lesson learned here is always shop all the dealers in the area. You'd be suprised how hungry they get when they know you have done the leg work and that you are willing to do business elsewhere. If you only knew how many 'lookers' show up every day that they have to weed through...
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I bought my Silverado in November 2010 from a large dealership in my area. I had no issues with that purchase. At that time I knew I wanted a Camaro convertible and my wifes lease was coming due in March 2011. I told them when I bought the truck I wanted to order the Camaro as soon as GM would accept it.

They said no problem and called me two weeks later and said I could place my order. I did and about a week later the inventory manager called to confirm the details before he sent it to GM. We went over the details and he gave me the price and I said that is fine less my GM discount. He said he would not give me any discounts and that the only reason I was being offered MSRP was because I bought the truck otherwise it would have been 2000 more.

I told him to cancel the order I will find someone else who wants my money. I called one of the largest Chevy dealers in the Country that happens to be in my area. I told them what I wanted and about my GM discount and they said no problem I am ordering tomorrow if you give me a deposit tonight I will place your order tomorrow.

I went in and placed my deposit and I had my order number 2 days later. They gave me exactly what I wanted and their service has been great. I will definitely give them my business from now on so yes there really are good and bad dealerships out there you just have to look around.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #11
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
My Chevy dealer is the best! Cox Cohea in Wentzville, MO.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #12
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
The last 2 Chevy dealers and my GMC dealer were great. They were attentive dealt straight-up and no hard sell. I thought I go t great deals. That's all that matters.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
InfernoSS454

Yeah I love my chevy dealer. Than only reason I went to for honestly I wanted to test drive a gt500. I'll probably always buy from my chevy dealer this is like my 5th car from them. As long as they keep treating me right like they have they got a customer for life. The ford dealer just acted like they didn't want my money but dat find for me. Don't like ford much anyways. And gm knew their $hit. And they even remembered me from buying my camaro from them over a yr n half ago.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
InfernoSS454

I memat got to ford honestly just to test drive a gt500.