Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
YungAl

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro
Post Dealer Policies

I was talking to someone I work with about their IOM 2013 Camaro LS which is the exact same color and model that I wanted & she also got it from the same dealer that I will be purchasing from but it is an Automatic trans instead a Manual 6- speed but anyway we were talking about the black stripes she has on her car and I asked her how much the dealer charged and she said $500 and I replied that was too expensive for something that I could buy for 150 and put on myself and she was saying that they have a policy that you cant put anything on the car that is not GM? Has anyone ever heard of this policy before is so please inform me on the details....
YungAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
You can put any decals you want on it. If you ruin the paint doing it youself they wont fix the paint but other than that DIY. Lots of site sponsers sell stripes so check them out.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I guess it would depend on if you are buying or leasing.

If you're buying, you can do anything you like. And the $500 price is installed...I also think that is (or was) the MSRP, so you could likely get it cheaper.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungAl View Post
I was talking to someone I work with about their IOM 2013 Camaro LS which is the exact same color and model that I wanted & she also got it from the same dealer that I will be purchasing from but it is an Automatic trans instead a Manual 6- speed but anyway we were talking about the black stripes she has on her car and I asked her how much the dealer charged and she said $500 and I replied that was too expensive for something that I could buy for 150 and put on myself and she was saying that they have a policy that you cant put anything on the car that is not GM? Has anyone ever heard of this policy before is so please inform me on the details....

Take a breath next time and punctuate......
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungAl View Post
Maybe she meant that particular dealer has a policy of not installing aftermarket items. Once you own it, you can do as you please.

Tags
dealer cost, inferno orange camaro, rally stripes