Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Battery went dead....

Hey guys, Ran into a bit of a curious situation this weekend.

My car is in storage for the winter in my machine shop. I bit of background, my L99 has all the standard bolt ons, CAI, LT headers, HF cats, Corsa full exhaust and last summer I put on a Maggie and remote tuned by Jannetty. Car runs awsome.

Car was put in storage in Mid November. I started it and let it warm up first week of December and it started fine. I have not started it since, I try to start it up every couple weeks and let it get to temp but just have not done it. Yesterday I tried to start it and when I got in the car I noticed everything was dead.

Only thing I can think of is that the MSD BAP is draining the battery as when the ignition is off, there is a light that blinks on the BAP. I have been told this is normal.

Will this pull on the battery be enough to drain it in a month of no use?

I put the battery charger on it for 15 minutes and it popped right off like normal. Let it get to temp and turned it off and then charged the battery fully.

Do I have to pull the fuse for the BAP when in storage or disconnect the battery completely? Anyone have similiar issues with their BAPs?

Its alot of fun getting the truck open when the battery is dead!!!

Thanks for the help.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Earl
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
2 words for you...

BATTERY TENDER

No need to be starting the car every couple of weeks. Hook it up to the tender and come back and get it in the Spring.
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
2 words for you...

BATTERY TENDER

No need to be starting the car every couple of weeks. Hook it up to the tender and come back and get it in the Spring.
This. And to answer the next question that is coming, YES, you can hook it to the posts under the hood and it works perfectly!