Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #1457
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Oh BTW Jordan, I forgot to inform you that the Nanoskin auto scrub sponge is amazing. Used it with last touch detailer from meguiars and it was faster than clay and easier. Worth the 11 dollars I paid
Old 08-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #1458
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I've never thought about that
I use a foaming sprayer and never have had much problem with cling.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #1459
Wuiquen

So here we go at it again, what am I doing wrong in my window cleaning process? Look at this pics,
When I detailed the car, I also polished the windshield with ceriglass by machine. I worked enough product to cover the area and sprayed little water to keep it going for a little bit. Then rinse and wipe with provided towel. Why is my window looking like this? Note this is only at night time and when it gets colder. Over here is in the low60s and high 50 and night time. Helppppp
Old 08-26-2014, 12:22 PM   #1460
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Oh man the worst part (for me) of detailing. I hate windows lol

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #1461
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
So here we go at it again, what am I doing wrong in my window cleaning process? Look at this pics,
When I detailed the car, I also polished the windshield with ceriglass by machine. I worked enough product to cover the area and sprayed little water to keep it going for a little bit. Then rinse and wipe with provided towel. Why is my window looking like this? Note this is only at night time and when it gets colder. Over here is in the low60s and high 50 and night time. Helppppp
I usually don't have problems with windows, but it took some practice and technique that I found works.

Use a flat weave microfiber. Don't use a lot of window cleaner, I usually do one small spritz on the window and wipe away. Turn to a dry side and finish off (no liquid left on the windshield but I found that just using the dry flat weave on a dry window helps pick up any left over streaks).
Old 08-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #1462
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
I usually don't have problems with windows, but it took some practice and technique that I found works.

Use a flat weave microfiber. Don't use a lot of window cleaner, I usually do one small spritz on the window and wipe away. Turn to a dry side and finish off (no liquid left on the windshield but I found that just using the dry flat weave on a dry window helps pick up any left over streaks).
This^. Contrary to on the paint in the final stages of the window cleaning process don't completely saturate the window with liquid. Use 2-3 towels per window and use a fresh side often. Also, as jtruck said use a towel that has extremely short if not flat weave microfiber.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #1463
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Windows are a bitch! Just make sure you are using multiple microfibers. One to apply, one to wipe dry.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #1464
Wuiquen

Ok. Cool. I have microfiber madness cloudbuster. Guess I'll need another one. But today I had to fix some scratches. Errrrr.. Either way, rewashed today and wow. Pretty much all dirt was off paint with just the first rinse. My mitt was never dirty. And the front window felt grabby compared to the rest. So I sat there and scrub it with the towel for like 10 Mins. Well see tonight what it looks like

Last edited by Wuiquen; 08-26-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:23 PM   #1465
13lstuner

Quote:
Ok. Cool. I have microfiber madness cloudbuster. Guess I'll need another one. But today I had to fix some scratches. Errrrr.. Either way, rewashed today and wow. Pretty much all dirt was off paint with just the first rinse. My mitt was never dirty. And the front window felt grabby compared to the rest. So I sat there and scrub it with the towel for like 10 Mins. Well see tonight what it looks like
Did you put any sealant on your glass?
Old 08-27-2014, 02:08 AM   #1466
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Did you put any sealant on your glass?
No sealant. Is that possible?? I did use ceriglass polish and I think I didn't totally remove it. Now after today, I see like small streaks all over the windshield but the big cloud of fog is gone. When I get home tomorrow, I'll spray some eraser on the windshield and clean again. See what happens.

On a side note, I guess our Clea coat is soft huh? After todays wash, I found some small scratches. Guess normal?! Nothing terrible. Can't be seen in the sun, only at night time with street lights that are white and at extremely weird angles. Is that marring? Definitely no swirls thou.. I'm too ocd now about this lol.. Thanks guys!!! JK
Old 08-27-2014, 07:46 AM   #1467
13lstuner

Quote:
No sealant. Is that possible?? I did use ceriglass polish and I think I didn't totally remove it. Now after today, I see like small streaks all over the windshield but the big cloud of fog is gone. When I get home tomorrow, I'll spray some eraser on the windshield and clean again. See what happens.

On a side note, I guess our Clea coat is soft huh? After todays wash, I found some small scratches. Guess normal?! Nothing terrible. Can't be seen in the sun, only at night time with street lights that are white and at extremely weird angles. Is that marring? Definitely no swirls thou.. I'm too ocd now about this lol.. Thanks guys!!! JK
The clear coat on my car specifically is not soft. That can be told by how your clear coat reacts to compounds.

And yes glass sealant is definitely possible, or maybe coating is the better word. Like rainx from walmart, and that is actually what I reccomend you buy until you get the hang of glass. It's $4 and it's great.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #1468
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
This one is the quickest/easiest to learn to use. You have to really apply it well sometimes more than once. Then remove it with clean cloths polishing to a shine. Sometimes it helps to end by spraying it down with distilled water & polish again. Sometimes you will still see streaks in different angle light but just spray & wipe it down again. You will be pleased with how much better you can see in the rain I rarely use my wipers only when driving at very low speeds or in a very misty rain as it just sheets off at higher speeds. Glare is also much less. Bugs don't stick as badly & cleaning is easier once you start using it.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #1469
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
This one is the quickest/easiest to learn to use. You have to really apply it well sometimes more than once. Then remove it with clean cloths polishing to a shine. Sometimes it helps to end by spraying it down with distilled water & polish again. Sometimes you will still see streaks in different angle light but just spray & wipe it down again. You will be pleased with how much better you can see in the rain I rarely use my wipers only when driving at very low speeds or in a very misty rain as it just sheets off at higher speeds. Glare is also much less. Bugs don't stick as badly & cleaning is easier once you start using it.

Myself personally, would rather have a separate cleaner and sealant. I would personally you just buy the small bottle of dedicated sealant and apply after the glass is perfectly clean.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #1470
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Myself personally, would rather have a separate cleaner and sealant. I would personally you just buy the small bottle of dedicated sealant and apply after the glass is perfectly clean.
Which sealant do you recommend?