Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RA1987 View Post
SS over RT , RT over Camaro V6 , Camry V6 over Camaro V6
Lol I like this guy. OP, R/T over v6 for sure. And damn, I didn't realize the SS was more expensive then the R/T.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
87GNX

Drives: Alot
R/T > any V6
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
RA1987

Drives: SS
Stock for stock comparison, You will get more for the price when it comes to a Camry V6. Accord V6 and Maxima's are no slouch either.

But when you " INVEST " over $10,000 on a camaro v6 it turns into a V8 eating animal.....sometimes
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by RA1987 View Post
Stock for stock comparison, You will get more for the price when it comes to a Camry V6. Accord V6 and Maxima's are no slouch either.

But when you " INVEST " over $10,000 on a camaro v6 it turns into a V8 eating animal.....sometimes
So, using that logic wouldn't V6 Camry be greater than SS Camaro, too? The SE V6 price starts just below a 1SS or 2LT.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #19
GretchenGotGrowl

Your all wrong. Yugo w/o a motor >>>> than anything! Pure Sex and Joy!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #20
bigssc
Account Suspended

Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
So, using that logic wouldn't V6 Camry be greater than SS Camaro, too? The SE V6 price starts just below a 1SS or 2LT.
jesus christ stop telling the OP to buy a honda, toyota, and nissan over a chevy. this is blasphemy!!! lol
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #21
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Go with which ever you/parents can afford.

I have a v6 Camaro and I'm more than happy with it, never regretted not getting the v8 and I don't care when people tell me I should have gotten the v8.

I could have gotten an SS but chose not to. I didn't like the Challenger since it felt a little to big, the Camaro is big too but not as much.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #22
bigssc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post

I have a v6 Camaro and I'm more than happy with it, never regretted not getting the v8 and I don't care when people tell me I should have gotten the v8.

I could have gotten an SS but chose not to. I didn't like the Challenger since it felt a little to big, the Camaro is big too but not as much.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #23
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigssc View Post
jesus christ stop telling the OP to buy a honda, toyota, and nissan over a chevy. this is blasphemy!!! lol
I'm not. I would never buy a honda and would take a malibu over a maxima or camry any day.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk now Free
Old 10-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #24
bigssc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I'm not. I would never buy a honda and would take a malibu over a maxima or camry any day.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk now Free
sorry quoted the wrong guy lol and i agree!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #25
RA1987

Drives: SS
Quote:

Best advice! Forget everything that I said lol OP, do what you (parents in your case) can afford.

I like all cars regardless of import (made in USA with import parts) and Domestic (made OCONUS) lol
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #26
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Well FWIW, I'd say drive both and then choose. I personally love my 2013 Camaro V6. It's a very nice and fun car to drive. It gets good fuel mileage and looks amazing. I get tons of compliments on it all the time. For sure it's a chick magnet. I also wanted the M6 for mine as I honestly don't think autos are that fun to drive. Then again I grew up on manual transmissions so it's always the first thing I go after when buying a new vehicle.

I managed to snag mine for right at $21k and went after a specific color as well. Black exterior, black interior and black wheels. I've since changed the wheels(now have a Summer and Winter set) but the new ones are black as well(well plastidipped).

I honestly was looking into a Challenger because I previously had a Ram 1500 and knew I'd get a better trade in if I went Chrysler products. However, after getting a close look at the Challenger I wasn't that impressed. Sure it looks good but it also reminds me of a battleship. It just screams huge, and not that it is huge. The Camaro on the other hand, just oozed sexy and sporty. I didn't really care about the performance of the car as I've got another toy to satiate my need for speed. So I wanted something that looked nice, got decent fuel mileage(I get right around 21-22mpg's in City) and was something different than the trucks I'd been driving.

So check them both out. I've managed to put a K&N CAI and Flowmaster axle back on the car and am well pleased with the sound and performance. Only other mod I plan on doing now is a nice dark window tint to complete the black look.

Here's a pic of my Camaro with the C5 wheels:

And here's why I didn't choose a V8 Camaro and will never worry about trying to get a fast car... because they aren't even close

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #27
bigssc
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
Well FWIW, I'd say drive both and then choose. I personally love my 2013 Camaro V6. It's a very nice and fun car to drive. It gets good fuel mileage and looks amazing. I get tons of compliments on it all the time. For sure it's a chick magnet. I also wanted the M6 for mine as I honestly don't think autos are that fun to drive. Then again I grew up on manual transmissions so it's always the first thing I go after when buying a new vehicle.

I managed to snag mine for right at $21k and went after a specific color as well. Black exterior, black interior and black wheels. I've since changed the wheels(now have a Summer and Winter set) but the new ones are black as well(well plastidipped).

I honestly was looking into a Challenger because I previously had a Ram 1500 and knew I'd get a better trade in if I went Chrysler products. However, after getting a close look at the Challenger I wasn't that impressed. Sure it looks good but it also reminds me of a battleship. It just screams huge, and not that it is huge. The Camaro on the other hand, just oozed sexy and sporty. I didn't really care about the performance of the car as I've got another toy to satiate my need for speed. So I wanted something that looked nice, got decent fuel mileage(I get right around 21-22mpg's in City) and was something different than the trucks I'd been driving.

So check them both out. I've managed to put a K&N CAI and Flowmaster axle back on the car and am well pleased with the sound and performance. Only other mod I plan on doing now is a nice dark window tint to complete the black look.

Here's a pic of my Camaro with the C5 wheels:

And here's why I didn't choose a V8 Camaro and will never worry about trying to get a fast car... because they aren't even close

haha good advice dont get a fast car instead get a slow car and get a bike A.K.A. death on 2 wheels
Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #28
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
I found the Challenger to be a little bigger than the Camaro also.I found Camaro handled better, especally on the turns.

Quote: