Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #85
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Rally, your vehicle is a part of this program. I would suggest getting it taken care of before more work needs to be done to the top. Hopefully this gets everything taken care of for you and you don't have to worry about it. Kendred, I have heard nothing on a new tonneau cover for the Camaro. It is possible but until I get something in my resources or from my superiors I have absolutely no information on any new tonneau cover in the works.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #86
comeinpeace

Drives: WHITE CONV.
Quote:
Thanks for all your work in doing this, we realize that you are under no obligation to do this for us. I just wanted to say thanks from all of us here.
DITTO TRICIA
comeinpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #87
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Thanks Jeff!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #88
goldappa

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS Convertible
I dropped my car off at the dealership today to get the tsb done. Hopefully, this is the last of any top issues.
goldappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #89
kirstie4422

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 1LT RS
Thanks Tricia!
kirstie4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #90
Griffintile

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS L99 convertible
My dealer said he is still waiting on parts for TSB. He said that they were ordered from Kent automotive, but it has been over three weeks. I might be getting the run-around, it sucks because I thought they were trying to do the right thing. I guess I will give them until I receive the letter, then I will go somewhere else.
Griffintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #91
cactuseater

Drives: .
Went to the dealer today and had the shop foreman indicate to the manager what parts to order for the car, including the full top. Service manager will then call me to go over the order list before submitting to make sure we are all on the same page.

BTW -- saw a brand new ZL1 sitting in detail, just came off the truck. My god, it's a beautiful car. Unfortunately, there's a bidding war out there and dummies are paying much more for the car than MSRP. Funny as hell. There was a Corvette ZR1 Carbon Edition sitting there in the showroom for months and it went for under invoice. LOL. Duh. I would have taken that in a heartbeat.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #92
VictorDelDuca

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS 6M
I called yesterday and asked to schedule service for the program bulletin on the Camaro convertible tops... The response was "what are you talking about?"... I then explained what it was and that I had received a notice regarding the issue and then the response was "oh, its not a program"... I said really, I'm looking right at it and the word program is in big bold letters in the first two sentences of the bulletin. Funny thing was a few weeks ago when I had my TBSS in for an oil change I asked the service writer who I was BS'ing with if they had done any work on the Camaro tops or had any issues come through the service department and he asked what for in a puzzled manner. I then explained the known issue to all of us and it was "well most people who have convertibles haven't really put their tops down yet so we haven't really seen any". Funny how it seems no one wants to readily admit there's a problem and say we will take care it.

Anyway, mine goes in next wednesday for the "fixes". Right now I only get some light rub marks above the doors which seems to be a bit worse if I use the tonneau cover. Build date on mine is June or July 2011.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #93
Capt_Pooty
Slow Race Vert

Drives: 2011 2LT Vert
Apparently the dealer is still waiting on parts for my top recall... Should I go ahead and ask for a new top as well while its in there ?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #94
IXLER8

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldappa View Post
I dropped my car off at the dealership today to get the tsb done. Hopefully, this is the last of any top issues.
Just dropped mine off today too
Hopefully everything works out ok ! Good luck
IXLER8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #95
jtfire006

Drives: 2011 v-6 vert
all of you keep talking about parts!!!!!!! what parts are they ordering, im told its only tape, thats all that was ordered for mine. does anyone know what part they or you are talking about? i think you all are getting just TAPE, which i dont consider a part.
??????
jtfire006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #96
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfire006 View Post
all of you keep talking about parts!!!!!!! what parts are they ordering, im told its only tape, thats all that was ordered for mine. does anyone know what part they or you are talking about? i think you all are getting just TAPE, which i dont consider a part.
??????
Your correct.mostly true, but they are also supposed to be appying some strip caulking and sealer.
so 3 parts in total if you count the tape.
They are also supposed to trim brackets

This is all very similar to our member "SUX2BU" had done to his vert long time ago.
Thanks SUX for showing GM the way.....
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #97
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfire006 View Post
??????
Supplies... and I wish the word recall would stop being used also.

Just make sure the work is performed. My dealer said they did but did not.

I am waiting for supplies to come in to finalize this fix.

Remember part of this 12052 CSP (Customer Satisfaction Program) is an assessment to determine if the top should be replaced.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #98
jtfire006

Drives: 2011 v-6 vert
so if all three old tsb's have been done and you still have problems what is this going to do for you?
jtfire006 is offline   Reply With Quote