Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
camaro vs mustang drivers attitude

man to night was um interesting. on my way to work just cruising, works like 1/4 a mile away I had this early 2000s mustang just revving it motor at me every stop light.
it did not even sound good i could hear valve ticking a exhaust leak and could tell he had dumpmaster(flow master) on his car.

I could tell the dude wanted to race. the next stop light he starts yelling out the window at me to race, floor it loser.
now if I was in my early 20s id floor it and start slamming gears letting him hear 6 cylinders of fury and give him the only finger that matters.
im 30 and just want to go to work get off work wash the car and go to bed. racing a early 2000s shitstain is not on the things to do list

this mustang sounded beat to death and it was a base model 4.6 modular.
the sound reminded me of my crown vic the week before it died

Is this a common problem when owning a Camaro ?
because its kind of getting annoying
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
ShadowYYZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT Deep Magenta
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
man to night was um interesting. on my way to work just cruising, works like 1/4 a mile away I had this early 2000s mustang just revving it motor at me every stop light.
it did not even sound good i could hear valve ticking a exhaust leak and could tell he had dumpmaster(flow master) on his car.

I could tell the dude wanted to race. the next stop light he starts yelling out the window at me to race, floor it loser.
now if I was in my early 20s id floor it and start slamming gears letting him hear 6 cylinders of fury and give him the only finger that matters.
im 30 and just want to go to work get off work wash the car and go to bed. racing a early 2000s shitstain is not on the things to do list

this mustang sounded beat to death and it was a base model 4.6 modular.
the sound reminded me of my crown vic the week before it died

Is this a common problem when owning a Camaro ?
because its kind of getting annoying

I'd say yeah, my 14 that's in the shop only mods CAI and MRT2..

Often, people rev the engine/give me looks like if they want to race me :/!

Even on this 17 loaner I'm using the 2.0 turbo it's a manual too. Same attention even if it shows on the back courtsey vehicle lol..
ShadowYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #3
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
My opinion?

Don't knock the car. Knock the driver.

That poor Mustang didn't do anything wrong. It is just unfortunately owned by an asshole.

...And I take offense to 'Dumpmaster', lol. My FM Outlaws sound freakin' amazing!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:12 AM   #4
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
My opinion?

That poor Mustang didn't do anything wrong. It is just unfortunately owned by an asshole.

...And I take offense to 'Dumpmaster', lol. My FM Outlaws sound freakin' amazing!
on the modular v8 ford made it sound like you dump the throttle ever time you drive it sounds so so so bad. magnaflow sounds good on the old modular v8s flow masters on the crown vic and mustang forums started to get the nick name dump master / drone masters. they were kinda getting the reputation of fart cans for ford v8s loud obnoxious no power gains and drivers felt like king boss of the street racing world

i would not know what they sound like on chevy products other then a proper V8 lol

i had the super 44's when they 1st came out for my crown vic and used the stock small tail pipes to get some back pressure in the system to have a nice crackle. they droned for days and my friends could hear me a mile away. got a lot of noise violation tickets as well
Old 05-21-2017, 08:20 AM   #5
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
My opinion?

i do have a video of my old crown vic with the super 44s... they sound meh
Old 05-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #6
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
on the modular v8 ford made it sound like you dump the throttle ever time you drive it sounds so so so bad. magnaflow sounds good on the old modular v8s flow masters on the crown vic and mustang forums started to get the nick name dump master / drone masters. they were kinda getting the reputation of fart cans for ford v8s loud obnoxious no power gains and drivers felt like king boss of the street racing world

i would not know what they sound like on chevy products other then a proper V8 lol

i had the super 44's when they 1st came out for my crown vic and used the stock small tail pipes to get some back pressure in the system to have a nice crackle. they droned for days and my friends could hear me a mile away. got a lot of noise violation tickets as well
Dronemasters? Yes, we can agree on that!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You see the obvious is that people who wish they had your car will want to race you if they think their hooptie or what ever can take you so they can bolster their ego as they have small pecker syndrome. Thinking they can get a advantage on you is the whole deal to bolster their ego, I do not go to stop lights with my SS and 500 ft lbs at go and rev my engine like a prepubescent tard trying to get someone to maybe loose their license, car and maybe life in one fail stroke street racing.

Rather I also am the victim of Assholes who take off from a light in a imaginary race and I do not have a v-6 that they can readily identify if they are into cars I have the 8 and rarely run into jack arses to embarrass occasionally.

And if I can I do embarrass them when I get the chance safely to have them find their doors in the ditch and not get into trouble, but yes for me its all about going from point a to point b to get to work, get groceries, etc.... What to me is really, really, funny is to give them the jump not even paying attention to them and then just reel tem in in a split second and watch their fugly little face when they discover yes, its modified and they just picked on the wrong dude and they have to go home and pound sand.

DO I love my car yes, does it show in its care and mods , yes, does it mean I look like biff tanner at a stop light waiting to race in my lifted 4x4 against Michael J Fox .....Never, I realize the thin line that separates us from alive and dead, I am a old disabled vet who works in a penitentiary who cannot afford to loose his ride or his job.

Mean while Arse hat the next lane over with his 2'" exhaust coming out the flap in tighty whiteys has the its the car not the driver monologue rehearsed in his head because he will do any illegal act to prove his man hood, including passing on the right illegally, street racing/ speed performance act, reckless endangerment, cutting off a car nearly or causing death or dismemberment, vastly speeding in a attempt to come visit me at work........

SO your not alone Bro, I have dealt with idiots for decades be it driving my varied classic Chevies I built to modern muscle, its this fast and the furious fart trumpet crowd around here on the busiest street literally in my state being complete idiots.....And you know what I love, seeing one limping along with all the ground effects and nose tore up......Fart trumpets blaring for me to drive by and slip it in neutral and let them hear little rev so they know what a real engine sounds like..... Yup gotta get my laughs in where I can, because you have to keep a good sense of humor...if you get too serious it will kill you. And my deceleration popping is what makes these little ricers really envious...ROFL....LOL
Old 05-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #8
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Nope, no problems with that. Think they hear the tone of the car and not take the chance, same goes with imports.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:57 AM   #9
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Op ......this has been a problem since day one. Not just Mustangs.....Hondas..trucks.....and most pieces of shit under the sun.Funny when i troll Camaro 6 they are having the same problems....but acting like its just their car getting attention lol. Here in Camaro 5 its a been there done that for years now. You just need to get used to it.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #10
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Op ......this has been a problem since day one. Not just Mustangs.....Hondas..trucks.....and most pieces of shit under the sun.Funny when i troll Camaro 6 they are having the same problems....but acting like its just their car getting attention lol. Here in Camaro 5 its a been there done that for years now. You just need to get used to it.
this is a new thing to me. most the time its the bmw 3 series 4 door kids doing this. but now its mustangs, bmws, mercedes, nissan's and Porsche's and not boxsters. 911's
oddly enough i get a lot of miatas & s2000's playing around like little puppies.
not dangerous i mean legit just fun housing

maybe i should just slap my little pony stickers on the windows so people just go pufff not worth it and leave me alone i was thinking of getting a extra front fender on amazon for 80$ and sticker bombing it for the giggles
Old 05-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #11
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
You see the obvious is that people who wish they had your car will want to race you if they think their hooptie or what ever can take you so they can bolster their ego as they have small pecker syndrome. Thinking they can get a advantage on you is the whole deal to bolster their ego, I do not go to stop lights with my SS and 500 ft lbs at go and rev my engine like a prepubescent tard trying to get someone to maybe loose their license, car and maybe life in one fail stroke street racing.

Rather I also am the victim of Assholes who take off from a light in a imaginary race and I do not have a v-6 that they can readily identify if they are into cars I have the 8 and rarely run into jack arses to embarrass occasionally.

And if I can I do embarrass them when I get the chance safely to have them find their doors in the ditch and not get into trouble, but yes for me its all about going from point a to point b to get to work, get groceries, etc.... What to me is really, really, funny is to give them the jump not even paying attention to them and then just reel tem in in a split second and watch their fugly little face when they discover yes, its modified and they just picked on the wrong dude and they have to go home and pound sand.

DO I love my car yes, does it show in its care and mods , yes, does it mean I look like biff tanner at a stop light waiting to race in my lifted 4x4 against Michael J Fox .....Never, I realize the thin line that separates us from alive and dead, I am a old disabled vet who works in a penitentiary who cannot afford to loose his ride or his job.

Mean while Arse hat the next lane over with his 2'" exhaust coming out the flap in tighty whiteys has the its the car not the driver monologue rehearsed in his head because he will do any illegal act to prove his man hood, including passing on the right illegally, street racing/ speed performance act, reckless endangerment, cutting off a car nearly or causing death or dismemberment, vastly speeding in a attempt to come visit me at work........

SO your not alone Bro, I have dealt with idiots for decades be it driving my varied classic Chevies I built to modern muscle, its this fast and the furious fart trumpet crowd around here on the busiest street literally in my state being complete idiots.....And you know what I love, seeing one limping along with all the ground effects and nose tore up......Fart trumpets blaring for me to drive by and slip it in neutral and let them hear little rev so they know what a real engine sounds like..... Yup gotta get my laughs in where I can, because you have to keep a good sense of humor...if you get too serious it will kill you. And my deceleration popping is what makes these little ricers really envious...ROFL....LOL
i hear ya there. getting to old for this kinda stuff. i did enough stupid stuff in the past to last a life time at this point behind the wheel of a car.

i just dont want to do some thing stupid on a car i am still paying for. because there goes a car.......

the annoying part is just mustang all the time do this way more then any other car. is it like some kinda mustang syndrome some people get
Old 05-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #12
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
I owned a Mustang GT for over 20 years.

They're good cars and most of the drivers are good people.

Don't judge all by one clapped out beat up car with trashy driver.
Kooks Jet Hot Headers
Kooks Full 3in exhaust
Trick Flow GenX 255's
Polished PAC .660's & Ti-retainers
TSP VVT 3.2 cam kit w/DoD Delete
Smith Bro's Trunnion kit
AEM X-Series OBDII Widebands
FIC ID1300x Injectors
GM ZL1 High Output Fuel Pump
DSX Tuning Flex Sensor
DSX Auxiliary Fuel System
Tim King Stage 4 Max Effort CTSV 6L90
DSS 1 piece aluminum driveshaft
JRE 6L80E / 6L90E Dipstick
NGK Iridium IX spark plugs #7 heat range
Mighty Mouse Camaro 5 Wild w/-12an and Billet Black
HP Tuners VCM Suite
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #13
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
OP, have to agree with the others, it was just an a-hole driver that happened to drive a Mustang. I'm not a Mustang fan, but I've had similar situations when driving my Camaro or Corvette with guys driving various cars and even a few trucks. These cars can and do draw that kind of attention from time to time; normally I just ignore them
Old 05-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #14
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
I have to say, your personal look added to his perception. He took you as a younger guy. As for your car and your mindset you're past that stage in life. Good job blowin him off. Age, for the most part equals wisdom.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote