Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Dan3
Captain of the Failboat

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Angry Camaro Handling, Shut up already.

Sorry in advance for the rant. (mostly I am talking SS, I have no knowledge of V6 here, but if you bought the V6 with the hope that it would be a performance monster straight from the factory... you're a retard.)

I am sick and tired of seeing a new thread every other day that somehow complains about how heavy the car is or how "bad" the handling is. This is a CAMARO, not a MIATA/3x0Z/EVO this car speaks American, not Japanese. Get your car broke in, that point where you can feel the engine respond differently using your seatothepantsometer. Then go find a sharp corner with wide berms on a back country road and push your car till you start to slide. I promise the Camaro will take that corner as fast or faster than most of these rice-rockets you put it up against, just feels different.

YES! IT HANDLES DIFFERENTLY! Its a 4 seater, heavyweight brute. You will feel that every time you corner. Push the car and you will see that it is more than willing to perform, it just speaks a different language than you're used to if you are coming from an import "sports car." It is going to feel heavier, it is going to yawn (choose your term, you know what I mean) more than a EVO on a sharp corner, but push it and you'll find that she hugs the road no problem.

Quit whining about the handling characteristics and learn to speak to your car, the more you push it the more comfortable you will feel. When I see a post comparing a 370Z to a Camaro, all I can think is "this person knows diddly squat about American muscle." If you want an upsized golf-kart, go import. If you want a beast of a car, go American.

That said, I do not disagree that the car needs a stiffer suspension from a purely performance standpoint. But if it came from the factory with that suspension, GM would lose the vast majority of their customer base they were aiming for, and that is the populous of America that just want a cool looking car, but will never take a right-angle corner faster than 25mph.

Again, forgive my mildly inebriated rant. These posts by people who seem to have no clue what to expect from this car really begin to get irritating after about 6-8 drinks.
Produced - 10 August 2009 : #34143
Delivered - 25 August 2009
Old 09-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Amen brother

Mine at sunset
Old 09-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
DTM
DTMphotography

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
AMEN!!! I just posted in a different thread stating a shorter version of the same thing, today has been quite the day on the forums
Old 09-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
+1
Old 09-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #5
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
I bet more than 95% of the people that complain about it's handling never actually push the Camaro to it's limit. I'd also bet 99% of those people don't even own a Camaro, they are just bashing to be bashing.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
People are ordering one without ever driving or having sat in one and its a BRAND NEW MAKE!! To think everyone is going to be 100% satisfied, you are an idiot who knows nothing about business. Dont read the threads if you are going to get all butthurt because someone is not satisfied with their purchase. Its their right to voice their opinion.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #7
Metal Camaro

Drives: The beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269 View Post
People are ordering one without ever driving or having sat in one and its a BRAND NEW MAKE!! To think everyone is going to be 100% satisfied, you are an idiot who knows nothing about business. Dont read the threads if you are going to get all butthurt because someone is not satisfied with their purchase. Its their right to voice their opinion.
Or if you arent satisfied dont waste your time coming to another thread to cry abour people voicing opinions..go back to the thread your buddy made about how he hates his camaro.

If you were smart you would quit now...because youll never get your point across no matter what you say. Too many people here love that car and so do I

CYA
Old 09-06-2009, 02:15 AM   #8
socalicrusin

Drives: 2010 Camaro2SS/RS Summit White A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan3 View Post
Sorry in advance for the rant. (mostly I am talking SS, I have no knowledge of V6 here, but if you bought the V6 with the hope that it would be a performance monster straight from the factory... you're a retard.)

I am sick and tired of seeing a new thread every other day that somehow complains about how heavy the car is or how "bad" the handling is. This is a CAMARO, not a MIATA/3x0Z/EVO this car speaks American, not Japanese. Get your car broke in, that point where you can feel the engine respond differently using your seatothepantsometer. Then go find a sharp corner with wide berms on a back country road and push your car till you start to slide. I promise the Camaro will take that corner as fast or faster than most of these rice-rockets you put it up against, just feels different.

YES! IT HANDLES DIFFERENTLY! Its a 4 seater, heavyweight brute. You will feel that every time you corner. Push the car and you will see that it is more than willing to perform, it just speaks a different language than you're used to if you are coming from an import "sports car." It is going to feel heavier, it is going to yawn (choose your term, you know what I mean) more than a EVO on a sharp corner, but push it and you'll find that she hugs the road no problem.

Quit whining about the handling characteristics and learn to speak to your car, the more you push it the more comfortable you will feel. When I see a post comparing a 370Z to a Camaro, all I can think is "this person knows diddly squat about American muscle." If you want an upsized golf-kart, go import. If you want a beast of a car, go American.

That said, I do not disagree that the car needs a stiffer suspension from a purely performance standpoint. But if it came from the factory with that suspension, GM would lose the vast majority of their customer base they were aiming for, and that is the populous of America that just want a cool looking car, but will never take a right-angle corner faster than 25mph.

Again, forgive my mildly inebriated rant. These posts by people who seem to have no clue what to expect from this car really begin to get irritating after about 6-8 drinks.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:18 AM   #9
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I was driving a 4Runner. Going from a truck to this is like...well you know.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:31 AM   #10
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Well this thread's likely to get shut down fast lol but I hear ya. It's not like this car was sprung on everyone totally by surprise and nobody saw it coming or knew anything about it. This is probably the most combed through, analyzed, microscoped, discussed, anticipated car in the history of the American auto industry.

It's not perfect but it IS fun, exciting, rewarding to look at and drive. If you bought one and don't feel that way about it don't come in here and complain and try and convince us we all made a mistake buying one. Just sell it and move on. Honestly nobody really cares if you don't like it. Virtually all of us love ours and those extreme few who don't aren't going to change how we feel by telling us what losers we are for loving our cars, or how "disappointing" the car is to you. We obviously don't/aren't going to agree with you so move on and stop wasting our bandwidth.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 09-06-2009, 02:35 AM   #11
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Why start another thread on the exact same subject that is bothering you so much?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:40 AM   #12
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I love the car and it handles decent, but it wouldn't hang in the corners with my base model Dodge Neon with one leaky strut...sorry.

Camaro is worth the money but mediocre in all areas except it just looks awesome.

It's just too damn heavy to handle well without major changes which would make it ride like a buck board wagon.

Driveline too fragile to make it a drag strip performer, and then there's that weight thing again.

At least it probably won't flip over because it's as wide as a 60's Impala.

Like to see someone wedge one in an enclosed trailer and see if they could get out the tiny side window.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:15 AM   #13
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
And this car handle so much better than previous Camaros it is nuts. I had a Gen4 and this car out handles it greatly. And when #230's warranty is up it will handle even better yet with sway bars and coil overs.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #14
a6pk2go

Drives: ...

Closed Thread