Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2018, 10:20 PM   #1
Jordansanch

Drives: 2015 camaro ss
2015 ss injector sizing help?

Hello everyone new to the forum and new to the ls family. If this is in the wrong location or something I'm apologize! I bought a 2015 Camaro ls3 back in june and absolutely love it. recently had a problem with injectors and decided to upgrade. My car has long tube headers, cam, cai, and obviously has a tune. I have ordered a dsx flex fuel kit and will also be ordering from Fuel injection connection (I know ID is the best supposedly) But funds are low. I would like to get the flex fuel tuned in at the same time as injectors. I understand e85 will not produce to much more hp but is readily available here.I also understand that ill use 33% more fuel. What size injector should I use I am getting conflicting sizes from different shops. I may also run 100 shot on it now and then so a little room to grow! any help is appreciated and sorry about the long post just want to be thorough! thank you!
Old 02-21-2018, 10:39 PM   #2
hou30guy

Drives: 2011 convertible 2ss/rs
850cc

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
hou30guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:44 PM   #3
Jordansanch

Drives: 2015 camaro ss
Will idle be like stock?
Old 02-25-2018, 08:22 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
SO your going flex fuel...sorry, if your into racing sure ethanol can take it higher in more extreme applications to more HP, but remember the mileage along with the oil needing changed more often due to the more contamination of the oil from the increased flow; and limited supply in varying parts of the country for e-85 no one runs but race only around here where I am ....well it makes it more less problematic cooling the engine down a little and going for higher compression than its worth for average street strip build let alone your cam might not be the best for the application. It burns cooler but it is also spraying more causing the cooling, its better for higher compression builds IMO as in 13:1 up etc N/A and can help out for FI that's for sure but then again your going power adders more strip than street builds, and have actually seen over the years people just ditch e-85 and only use it occasionally which does require flashing from tune to tune in more extreme cases for real big builds not just what its senses in flex fuel applications.... just a bunch of little known crap to throw out there.

But hey yes you want more like the 850 and not to daily drive around here....LOL BTW I keep wondering when the president will pull the rug out from under the heavily subsidized ethanol industry that has caused way more pollution than it could ever solve with the release of 50 years of pollution from the turning of soil to increase farming for growing crap corn to feed a failed idea.....YES sad but true I know the truth about ethanol. SO do scientists and its time to go bye bye has come..... read a little and learn, good luck; its dirtier than gas Pollution also BTW...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=ethano...zF0An4Kc4K5Fau

Not to piss in your corn flakes but others may want to know and the truth cannot be stopped forever, and our corn addiction is stupid caused by greenies who also have raped our ability to effectively manage our forests here until they burn down and counties cant afford schools or cops, and we pray for Trump to stop them from ruining our state economy, god knows our liberal governor is all about taxing and spending any dime she can rip from us and is trying to do carbon taxing the evil fugly bubble baby. Just rambling on here..... some have to jump on anything with out really knowing what really is in the band wagon just warning them.

BTW I manage and work on amongst my building skills for the gov't my agencies ,( state pen), fleet we go no ethanol or flex fuel vehicles, thought the near by state motorpool has many flex fuel vehicles 99.9 % never use ethanol for good reasons.

Sure you can propane power a bus, or shove mass transit down our throats because all knowing liberals believe at 100 million bucks a mile with the same with the ridership as the 70s they need to attract more riders to mass transit....at the extreme cost to anyone they can shut up with their ignorant chanting........up here; PDX transit Portlands metro is oh about a billion in unfunded liability promising lifetime medical to nay worker after only 5 years being vested...... so they cannot afford to even run in a couple years paying retirements and medical for the past....

Due to liberals kissing their union butts to get votes and ignoring costs... and the state has just agreed to take over the commission here for Salem appointing people to the board rather than our voting for them....so they also in the bill in their great all knowing liberalness shove in a tax increase we repeatedly voted down on our property tax bills because they know whats best for us so we can have more empty busses roaming when no one needs them on maybe ....bridges to nowhere..........

Last edited by christianchevell; 02-25-2018 at 08:55 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:23 AM   #5
hou30guy

Drives: 2011 convertible 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
SO your going flex fuel...sorry, if your into racing sure ethanol can take it higher in more extreme applications to more HP, but remember the mileage along with the oil needing changed more often due to the more contamination of the oil from the increased flow; and limited supply in varying parts of the country for e-85 no one runs but race only around here where I am ....well it makes it more problematic cooling the engine down a little and going for higher compression than its worth for average street strip build let alone your cam might not be the best for the application. But hey yes you want more like the 850 and not to daily drive around here....LOL
Huh

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
hou30guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injectors, ls3