Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #43
chrish70

Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
So heres some questions that i am always seeing on forums and in advertising and would really like to know.

Question 1. Which Tuning System is Better? Diablosport or Hp Tuners or SCT or EFI Live?

Question 2. Diablosport advertises that if we use one of their units if we take the vehicle into the dealer they will never know the car has been programmed if we re store back to
the stock tune, is this true or a marketing idea to get us to buy this unit? Because i have heard there is a tune counter or something in the system that tells the dealer that the vehicle has been tuned and also has been restored back to standard, is this true or just smart marketing?
chrish70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #44
chrish70

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXM62SS View Post
Pat G....has an excellent reputation all over the LSX world
who's Pat G?
Old 02-25-2018, 08:15 AM   #45
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
That would be the flash counter your referring too, your referencing hand held tuners with software programs, and Hp tuning is the best software followed by EFI live and is used by most shops, of the tuners the SCT would be most used and best, and diablo sports just trying to sell theirs ....they cant flash and reflash a tune without leaving a trace...that I know of....

Pat G is here https://www.facebook.com/patgtuning/ and heres a old video of my friend cunninghams Camaro he sold off going back to 50-60 era....

more info; https://www.bing.com/search?q=pat+g+...tcGj0cNXQTfwv8
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, NPP, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Mast windage, Cam Motion Cam, trunnion upgrade, Stainless Power headers HFC, CAI w/kit, Vmax PTD, Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels,Toyo Proxes 4+, elite catch can, clutch reservoir, dash/body LED, DRL rewire, Sparks billet badges, Forza 3way, tint, MRT louvers, ZL1 spoiler, MGW short throw, Monster dual LT1S clutch, bleeder, support, high vol pump, Speed hut shift light, ACC flames stripes, Driven ls30 oil, NGK TR6IX , Granatelli wires.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #46
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDZL View Post
So have followed Camaro 5 for over a year before I joined, read lots of very informative posts. Helped me make all my performance choices including which remote tuner to buy from.

Car is a 2015 1LE. 12,000 kms on it. Drove it stock for the first summer.

I added a Z28 intake, long tube headers, no Cats, 3 inch MBRP Exhaust. BTR stage 3 NA Cam package. ATI damper. Innovative wide band. HP Pro

Real basic, should have been easy to complete for any tuner that does this for a living.

I used HP tuners and sent the stock file. After the base file and got the go ahead I did several logs on Dyno and on road.

Logged AFR on my dyno and on HP tuners, lots of info.

Fist tune received car ran but idled poorly stalled, ran rich. Drivability sucked, WOT fine. Made good power. Several logs, several tunes, lots and lots of waiting and being told heís not doing remote tuning right now because heís busy.... so I attempted to correct my idle problems myself while I was waiting for reply. Tuner got pissed. I never sent a log that he wrote a tune for. Was just playing while I was waiting. Tunes I received never made a difference in drivability. He suggested there is something was wrong with the car. By this time it was late fall. I took the car off the road. Sceptical I purchased a tune from Jannety. Re- insured the car as the weather was still nice. Car ran the way it should have from the get go. Wish I did not have a car than ran like a pos all summer.

One and only tune from Ted and it was near perfect. Still have to log and dyno once the snow is gone so Ted can tweak, but I doubt there is much to do.

I was very patient with the first tuner, as he said he was doing me a favour by tuning and not locking the tunes, as I could learn. I find out now you canít lock HP Tunes. Thanks for nothing. Teds tunes were unlocked also, did not even ask him to leave open.

Now I was trying to figure out why I had such a bad experience with this fellow when everyone one on here highly recommend him so much. He kept telling me he had no time yet I see Tune after Tune and thanks every other day on here.

I thought to myself I canít be the one and only person who had an issue, on Camaro 5 heís the King....canít figure that out.

So I googled his name, wow interesting reading.

I know Every business always has issues, just the way it is. Itís how you handle you issues that separates you from the rest.

Maybe HP tunesrs present a challenge where SCT is copy and paste? Not sure.

It all worked out in the end tuner refunded all my monies after several emails.

So as a business he followed through as a Tuner for me not at all.
Really helpful information here and sharing your experiences will help others. Maybe when it comes to questions, advice or overall projects taken on this can be utilized for those seeking to get the optimum outcome. We all go through experiences and how we learn through our own and from each other.

It sounds like your ride is very sweet and the mods you have done are tasteful. Glad it all worked out in the end. Persistence pays off.

Show her off with some nice pics
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:37 PM   #47
DRDZL

Drives: 2015 1LE Camaro
Thanks love the car, next ZL1 diff and DSS driveshaft. Have a EFR8374 turbo sitting here for next year, needs a brother to make it a twin kit.....

What I learned, don’t be the nice guy and give the Benifit of the doubt with a vendor after 60days of BS.

I let it go for 6 months and could have had a better summer with the car....

Runs like a champ thanks to Ted!
DRDZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #48
chrish70

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
That would be the flash counter your referring too, your referencing hand held tuners with software programs, and Hp tuning is the best software followed by EFI live and is used by most shops, of the tuners the SCT would be most used and best, and diablo sports just trying to sell theirs ....they cant flash and reflash a tune without leaving a trace...that I know of....

Pat G is here https://www.facebook.com/patgtuning/ and heres a old video of my friend cunninghams Camaro he sold off going back to 50-60 era....

more info; https://www.bing.com/search?q=pat+g+...tcGj0cNXQTfwv8

Car sounds nice, did he ever race it?
Old 02-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #49
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDZL View Post
Thanks love the car, next ZL1 diff and DSS driveshaft. Have a EFR8374 turbo sitting here for next year, needs a brother to make it a twin kit.....

What I learned, donít be the nice guy and give the Benifit of the doubt with a vendor after 60days of BS.

I let it go for 6 months and could have had a better summer with the car....

Runs like a champ thanks to Ted!
Sweet.. keep us updated.. twins are only a dream of mine..
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #50
SS TAXI

Drives: Yellow SS
Talking Another vote for Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBIII View Post
Another vote for Ted here.
Could Ted have put a ZL-1 tune in my L99?: Different vehicle. I'm in love all over again
SS TAXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:49 AM   #51
43Camaro

Drives: [COTW 8/3/15] 2010 Camaro SS L99
Cunningham Motosports / Temecula Ca

43Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote