Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #43
scorpio

Drives: E46 BMW
Great - no visible reverse lights on the rear bumber
Also great - concept like exhaust tips

Still ugly - lower front bumper

Grrrr. It could be so much better if it had the V6 bumber with just the 'mail slot' added.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #44
Xanath

Drives: Crapbox
So, I've been lurking for a while (years, actually), haven't really had much of a reason to post. Until now.

Sorry guys, going to have to call BS on the silver's "video." Notice how when the camera "pans" across the silver car, there's no shaking whatsoever, perfectly smooth traversal? Notice how when it fades from one shot to another - i.e. from the back of the car to the front (instantly), the audio remains almost 100% continuous? Not only that, but the audio is completely out of place - you hear camera gear rustling, wind blowing, and birds chirping, yet you're in the middle of a perfectly empty parking lot, observing zero signs of life, and - here's the dead give-away - none of the trees in the background are swaying, moving, or even budging an inch. I believe you're not watching a video, you're watching several different pictures being zoomed in, out, and around.

Obviously the track video is legit. But, I'm guessing the silver concept look-a-like is more than just a look-a-like and NOT a glimpse of the SS we're all waiting for. I'm not a video expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I see. I really do hope I'm wrong or the real deal ends up looking that way anyhow!

-Ken
Xanath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #45
DrCruelty
Strange Individual

Drives: Camaro
The silver car itself I believe is a model. Look at the width of the "tires." Note you can't see ANY sign of light through the windows. No light visible between the wheel and the rotors. Plus of course the lack of the backup lights.
DrCruelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #46
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
dont be a jerk

If you dont like hearing how much we all love this car, then why are you on a camaro enthusiast board?

I love the car too, and I love the Camaro just as much as you. I bet I've owned a lot more of them over the years than you have, so don't be telling me a thing about not belonging on a Camaro board.

I love the car a LOT, BUT... I just think a lot of the people here love it a little TOO much. It's a recurring theme here, and it's NOT helping the car, or GM. Whether it be blinded by love of the Camaro, or desire to please someone who may have worked on the car so they will toss out another tidbit of information, or to try and make GM favor one forum over the others, or who knows what other motivations we have going on here.

I'm not pointing to anyone in particular, and not talking about the bumper, but a few minor flaws in the design that there's still time to sort out.

Along comes someone to the forum and says that something needs a little work and they get lynched and hauled out of town on a pike... called a "Mustang Fanboy" for their constructive criticism.

Mind you I'm referring to other people that have been run out of town, because I relish the opportunity to stand up against riotous masses. I just feel bad for those who came here to give their feedback and got kicked in the teeth as a result.

Some people need to be a bit more objective about this car so that GM can get it right the first time. Obviously, they can't remake the sheetmetal or add T-tops or stuff like that, but there certainly is time to make refinements to the existing design that are not horribly expensive. They could make a quality grille for the SS and maybe look at using some more aluminum in the car like some suspension pieces or the roof. Maybe use high strength steel in places and reduce the thickness to save more weight. I'd be totally willing to spend extra for a lightweight parts package. Who here wouldn't be willing to spend say $5.00 per pound of lost weight?

We don't need every critic drummed off the board for expressing a less than 100% positive review of the car. This board is NOT a representation of the real world's car buying population and themes that the majority love here MAY NOT be so appealing to the masses. What are you going to do when you're presenting the "minority" view in real life?

As tired as you are of hearing people don't like certain things, I'm tired of seeing well meaning people get attacked for stating a minority view of something negative.

You folks are a very great bunch of really cool people who I think I'd love to hang out with or meet up with at Indy or someplace. Let's not get all divided up over opinions!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #47
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
I think/ am 99% positive thats the ss front bumper and gm why must you not let us see the real ss ok i mean as much as the v6
Who knows?? We do have some picture's of the silver SS that was according to Scott (fbodfather) skim painted for the use in the TV show and it will be black once more.. I'd like to see some high res pictures of it in Blue or the new cyber grey... and hopefully with some stripes finally....
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #48
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
F-bod please tell us this is the real ss...!! cuz this looks very concept like

please let it actually look like this!

welll --- glad someone fixed the aspect ratio!!! (I can't see the YouTube video, tho -- I;m on my work confuser............

Front is very close.........back is close -- but backup lamps stay on the bumper....for impact and packaging reasons........

I'm not sure where this car was photographed -- it may be Melbourne -- and if so, I think this car may be a fiberglass..............
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #49
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I love the car too, and I love the Camaro just as much as you. I bet I've owned a lot more of them over the years than you have, so don't be telling me a thing about not belonging on a Camaro board.

I love the car a LOT, BUT... I just think a lot of the people here love it a little TOO much. It's a recurring theme here, and it's NOT helping the car, or GM. Whether it be blinded by love of the Camaro, or desire to please someone who may have worked on the car so they will toss out another tidbit of information, or to try and make GM favor one forum over the others, or who knows what other motivations we have going on here.

I'm not pointing to anyone in particular, and not talking about the bumper, but a few minor flaws in the design that there's still time to sort out.

Along comes someone to the forum and says that something needs a little work and they get lynched and hauled out of town on a pike... called a "Mustang Fanboy" for their constructive criticism.

Mind you I'm referring to other people that have been run out of town, because I relish the opportunity to stand up against riotous masses. I just feel bad for those who came here to give their feedback and got kicked in the teeth as a result.

Some people need to be a bit more objective about this car so that GM can get it right the first time. Obviously, they can't remake the sheetmetal or add T-tops or stuff like that, but there certainly is time to make refinements to the existing design that are not horribly expensive. They could make a quality grille for the SS and maybe look at using some more aluminum in the car like some suspension pieces or the roof. Maybe use high strength steel in places and reduce the thickness to save more weight. I'd be totally willing to spend extra for a lightweight parts package. Who here wouldn't be willing to spend say $5.00 per pound of lost weight?

We don't need every critic drummed off the board for expressing a less than 100% positive review of the car. This board is NOT a representation of the real world's car buying population and themes that the majority love here MAY NOT be so appealing to the masses. What are you going to do when you're presenting the "minority" view in real life?

As tired as you are of hearing people don't like certain things, I'm tired of seeing well meaning people get attacked for stating a minority view of something negative.

You folks are a very great bunch of really cool people who I think I'd love to hang out with or meet up with at Indy or someplace. Let's not get all divided up over opinions!
very well said
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #50
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
welll --- glad someone fixed the aspect ratio!!! (I can't see the YouTube video, tho -- I;m on my work confuser............

Front is very close.........back is close -- but backup lamps stay on the bumper....for impact and packaging reasons........

I'm not sure where this car was photographed -- it may be Melbourne -- and if so, I think this car may be a fiberglass..............
yes!!

i can live with the backup lamps

sideskirts look amazing i hope that stays like that

now this fiberglass is it an option?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #51
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:

I admit upfront that I much prefer what appears to be the SS bumper. This will be my fifth Camaro dating back to 1984 and I much prefer the more agressive stance and look. I don't think that the V6 is ugly, but I do know what I like. I am not saying the car is perfect, its not, and it never will be. If I thought it was perfect or if you did, someone would disagree with either or both of us eventually.

I can respect your opinion without agreeing with it. No doubt there are fanboys and girls in both directions (for and against the Camaro and GM) on this website every day. To say that everyone that agrees with GM or the current design doesn't get is as fallacious as saying that everybody who doesn't is wrong as well. Don't use generalizations about those who do not agree with you to prove why they should not use them against you. I wouldn't try to impose my sensibilities on you but I do feel I can share my opinion. No two people are or ever will be exactly alike, and that is actually a good thing.

Much of what we are talking about here are differences of opinion, not measuremeants of objective fact. They are people's opinions, and we all get to have them. State your opinion and then please move on. People on both sides of this going out of the way to attempt to bring stuff up over, and over, and over, and over...well you get it, tends to UNDERCUT the validity of your opinion, not make it more likely to be accepted. Accept that people are different and move on.

We heard some time ago that tooling, etc, was already complete and in place. Its not likely or realistic to expect any significant changes at this point. And yes, I worked for GM, a GM subsidiary, and the GM supplier community for 16 years, so while my knowledge about is a few years old but not entirely out of whack. You have to remember every time you make a $5 change to each car that costs a half million dollars minimum ($5 a car times 100,000 cars a year), and none of the changes we are talking about here are cheap or easy or can be done overnight. And that in your example is only for a one pound reduction.

The Camaro is about affordable performance. If I really wanted a Vette I would go get one, but I choose NOT to because I WANT a CAMARO for reasons of personal history and preference that go back over 20 years.

Both sides can have an opinion, respect those opinions, but there is no reason for ANYBODY to endlessly repeat theirs and portray those that do not agree in a negative light. Accept that there are differences and move on.
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #52
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmliptak View Post
To say that everyone that agrees with GM or the current design doesn't get is as fallacious as saying that everybody who doesn't is wrong as well. Don't use generalizations about those who do not agree with you to prove why they should not use them against you. I wouldn't try to impose my sensibilities on you but I do feel I can share my opinion. No two people are or ever will be exactly alike, and that is actually a good thing.
I agree with everything you've said, except the part about generalizations. I'm trying very hard to be generic so as not to offend anyone who has said or done something specifically. I try hard to respect with other people say and do if they reciprocate. From my persepctive the reverse is that people are using generalizations about my side of the issue specifically to raise the hackles of those on this side.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #53
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Quote:

I can live with the lights, but the TIPS SCOTT... PLEASE LET US HAVE THOSE TIIIIIIIPS!!!!
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #54
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:

So it sounds like just a little bit will change with the front (which is cool b/c I actually like the new lower grille)

And, judging by your lack of comment, this exhaust just might find its way to production w/ the SS or w/ some package? EXCELLENT...although I wonder what that'll mean for aftermarket exhaust systems.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #55
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
So it sounds like just a little bit will change with the front (which is cool b/c I actually like the new lower grille)

And, judging by your lack of comment, this exhaust just might find its way to production w/ the SS or w/ some package? EXCELLENT...although I wonder what that'll mean for aftermarket exhaust systems.

on the exhaust part

Last edited by chevydude26; 08-04-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #56
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
I agree with everything you've said, except the part about generalizations. I'm trying very hard to be generic so as not to offend anyone who has said or done something specifically. I try hard to respect with other people say and do if they reciprocate. From my persepctive the reverse is that people are using generalizations about my side of the issue specifically to raise the hackles of those on this side.

I accept that on its face, I don't see you as the enemy, and any comments I made were intended to be bidrectional. Sometimes is helpful to see what message you are saying is being RECEIVED as whether that is your intent or not, clearly I don't think you as a bad guy. The other way to look at it is not to stoop to the level of others whose behavior and actions you do not agree with.

Somebody likes EVERYTHING, otherwise some of the more UNUSUAL shall we say sites on the internet would not remain in business, and NO I am not talking about this site and Shunt thread IN THIS CASE......
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote