Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
rubbersoul84

Drives: IO 2012 2SS/RS convertible
Adding insult to injury

I am going to beat someone's ass. After finding my new top isn't right and metal filings in my seats, I discover that the trim shop damaged my car and tried to cover it up.

There is a light scratch on the driver's side door that SHOULD buff out. I can deal with that. However, those bastards dented the edge of my trunk lid, banged it out, and touched it up. POORLY. It's only visible when the trunk is open, but it's about 3 inches long. The crappy touch up will eventually rust. It looks like someone closed the trunk while something was sticking out of it. It doesn't really show up in pictures, but you can see it up close and feel it. WTF?

rubbersoul84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Sounds like someone is taking a trip back down there with a can of whoop ass in their hand. The hard part is proving they did it and what their willing to do to fix it properly. Don't give up easily, if they value their business and don't wont you to bash them they should work with you. It s amazing how far a bad internet review will get the job done...
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
rubbersoul84

The worst part is, I don't even know the name of the trim shop! It was all arranged by the dealer so I have to deal with them. I have left positive feedback for them here and on their facebook page. I sure hope I don't have to retract those statements.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
evlar

Drives: 2011 (L99) 2SS/RS vert
Love the opening sentence in this thread!
evlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Take this with you.

warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Back when my year old '85 Monte SS was at the dealer they backed into it with a
full sized van. But they didnt try to cover it up, and that dealer should not
have tried to cover it up either

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
It just seems that poor service is habitual around the country. What gives? I wonder if all the trade industries are suffering the same ineptness from their workers?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul84 View Post
I am going to beat someone's ass. After finding my new top isn't right and metal filings in my seats, I discover that the trim shop damaged my car and tried to cover it up.

There is a light scratch on the driver's side door that SHOULD buff out. I can deal with that. However, those bastards dented the edge of my trunk lid, banged it out, and touched it up. POORLY. It's only visible when the trunk is open, but it's about 3 inches long. The crappy touch up will eventually rust. It looks like someone closed the trunk while something was sticking out of it. It doesn't really show up in pictures, but you can see it up close and feel it. WTF?

It sucks ,I hate taking it in for service,I had a GM 89 point inspection done and I got a a chunk taken out on the top of my front fender which looks like a screwdriver was dropped onto it,and took a chunk out of the paint.After confronting them they said it was a rock chip which I knew wasn't there before I took it in for service.You just can't win at those places ,know respect for outer people's cars. :(
Old 10-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
rubbersoul84

I'm not sure the dealer would have seen this. The scratch is only visible at the right angle and the trunk dent/shitty repair is on the edge of the trunk lid. They would only see it if they opened the trunk.

Needless to say, I cancelled the return trip to that trim shop and have an appointment with the service manager on Friday. The good news is, the dealer came through with the loaner car. The bad news is, they didn't cancel it and I got a call from Enterprise asking where I was. <Insert facepalm here.> I am trying not to go apeshit on someone!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Angry It's HELL I know how you feel

I know how you feel. I took my wifes 2012 Yukon to the dealer for My so called FREE oil change and tire rotation First time back.Very pleased with the service and pleasant happy faces thruout the whole experience.Clean fast service.Well fast forward to today.Nice sunny day I decide to wash and detail my wifes car.After washing and rinsing got to the rear quarter panel all the way to the bottom and what do I find but THREE 3" long scratches down to the primer and a smush just above it where it appears a floor jack handle if left up wards would have hit in that area.
Now I can just hear the excuses now. "we did not do that .Must been that way when you brought it in" .SORRY nothing we can do.Why do most all experiences with dealers turn to shit by Damaging your vehicle.I get so sick of this .This should be basic dealership 101 treat the customers car like it is your own.I just hope I don't get a service survey.This car has never been in anyone else's garage and only hand washed and waxed by me.What a let down.It's a darn shame but that is what America has come to.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
rubbersoul84

Went to see the dealer Friday about the trim shop issues. They buffed out the 2 scratches and FIXED THE TOP. Yes, I said they fixed it. It took a hammer to get the clip in place, but they knew I wouldn't let that trim shop touch it again. They went and read the directions and got it done. They also got the body shop manager to come look at the trunk and are going to try and fix it without repainting. The small dent in the driver's side door is supposed to be "dirt in the paint." We will see, but overall I'm pleased with the outcome so far.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #13
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Thats the way is should be.

Glad to see that you are having positive results. Realistically that is what we should expect and receive the majority of the time.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul84 View Post
Went to see the dealer Friday about the trim shop issues. They buffed out the 2 scratches and FIXED THE TOP. Yes, I said they fixed it. It took a hammer to get the clip in place, but they knew I wouldn't let that trim shop touch it again. They went and read the directions and got it done. They also got the body shop manager to come look at the trunk and are going to try and fix it without repainting. The small dent in the driver's side door is supposed to be "dirt in the paint." We will see, but overall I'm pleased with the outcome so far.

That's great to hear your dealership is stepping up and addressing your concerns. Please let us know the outcome.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service