Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #85
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
I still don't get how taking someone's picture is scaring that person.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #86
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
I don't get how this would scare him. Seems kinda lame.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #87
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
"customer service" -- the ultimate 21st century oxymoron.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #88
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
That's such a nice story, I'm sorry you had to go through the hassle
Old 09-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #89
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Just hit the dealership where it hurts on survey. Don't let the finance part ruin whole survey but there is a finance section, and there is a place to leave notes to explain that to GM.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #90
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Great story, made me laugh.

FYI..."Damnit" is not a word. Dammit is the correct spelling. The majority of people are unaware of this.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #91
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
the way he treated you definitely wasnt right...but what you did was just plain dumb. glad everything worked out for you though
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
Old 09-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #92
MyNewSolstice

Drives: 06 Solstice
Well I'll give you my take on the way I read this...you asked me to explain so I will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
So I purchased my car from Michael Stead Chevy in Walnut Creek, CA. GREAT Salesman, GREAT Sales Manager....
Well if you have a great relationship with these two people then the first thing I'd do is stand up at the first issue and go get one of them...but that is just me and I totally understand your spending 30-40K and christ there should be champange for you as you sign the papers....

Quote:
SO he shows me what I got approved for, the amount of months, interest rates, and on my PenFed he has added Resistall and LoJack to the loan, I tell him the other 2 I dont care about since I wont be getting them, and I dont want either of those 2 added to my loan, he tries to argue a little, I tell him my brother in law works for LoJack and I could get it from him if I wanted it, and he says well he cant get a discount on it..... WHAT?? YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT MY BROTHER IN LAWS JOB AND DISCOUNTS THEN HE DOES??? and we both tell him sternly YES HE DOES. So at this point he is already getting under mine and my wifes skin trying to pull that.
Quote:
But I will continue under the way I read it as if you in a sick/fun way enjoyed being pissed about a jerk selling up stuff you have NO WANT FOR!

We go into his office, and here he goes trying to sell me extended warranty, No thank you, maintenance plan.... NO thank you.... some other service which I cut him off by saying I DONT WANT ANYTHING ADDED TO THE CAR to which he reply's

No Problem sir I see you like to pay MORE with a smart ass sarcastic attitude.

Im there with my wife, its a big day for me, so you know what, I smirk and let it slide, because Im thinking I will never had to deal with this POS again.
Well then I read that you had forgot to sign the check...See my spending money logic above so I understand you are hyped about this but

Quote:
My salesman calls me yesterday and tells me we have a problem, I didnt sign the PenFed check

DAMNIT!!!
Yeah that sucks but I am pretty sure this falls on you 100%. Why? they can't cash the check and you technically have not paid for a car in your possession. So the quote by the finance guy is rude but seriously! Its a check you've used em before I am sure it is your payment for an item E.G. your responsibilty.
Put it this way...What if you aren't the type of guy who would come back and sign it what if you go AWOL. there is a relatively serious situation.

This is where you turned the corner of joe cool to "dick" in this situation

Quote:
All of these thought about all the things Im going to say, Im gonna get in his face, invite him to clock out and talk about it outside, I am soooo pissed off I am SHAKING
Then you do what is what I can only consider vedictive. You could have bitched out the GM the Owner but you stooped to his level. and lower

Quote:
We go into his office, he shows me where to sign, I sign, he takes it turns around in his chair, puts it away while he is telling me it will be overnighted to Penfed the next day while he around I put my phone up as soon as he turn in the chair, Click makes a snap shot sound and everything

I get up with a smile and start to walk out
My point is we all do jerk stuff but to post it on a forum like a trophy..Meh.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #93
DrumDawg

Drives: BumbleBee, 67 Firebird,79 Porsche
I think what you did was great! Some how some of the people in the car business believe that bad behavior is just normal. It shouldn't be. Maybe if ALL dealerships would be honest, respectful and courteous they would make buying from a dealer more fun. By the way....I believe there are some good dealers out there.
3400 = Broadcast:09/14/2009
3800 = Produced:09/17/2009 2G1FK1EJ5A9147250
4000 = Available to ship 28Sept
4200 = Shipped-Rail-Detroit at 3AM on 5Oct, Departed for Miami, Ohio @ 3AM, arrived in Cincinnati, Ohio, 7 Oct 0749 arrived in Louisville Kentucky,at Kane Ave Tenn.@ 8:30PM,left for Wauhatchie, Tennesee 10Oct,Waycross GA10Oct,Jacksonville FL 11 Oct.
5000 = Delivered to the dealer 14Oct09
6000 = Delivered to the customer 17Oct09
Old 09-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #94
MyNewSolstice

Drives: 06 Solstice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
I think what you did was great! Some how some of the people in the car business believe that bad behavior is just normal. It shouldn't be.
Agreed other than the red italic
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #95
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
I would say he needs to be fired! You just dont treat someone like that and you really dont do it when they are spending that much money there.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #96
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNewSolstice View Post
Well I'll give you my take on the way I read this...you asked me to explain so I will.

Well if you have a great relationship with these two people then the first thing I'd do is stand up at the first issue and go get one of them...but that is just me and I totally understand your spending 30-40K and christ there should be champange for you as you sign the papers....

Well then I read that you had forgot to sign the check...See my spending money logic above so I understand you are hyped about this but

Yeah that sucks but I am pretty sure this falls on you 100%. Why? they can't cash the check and you technically have not paid for a car in your possession. So the quote by the finance guy is rude but seriously! Its a check you've used em before I am sure it is your payment for an item E.G. your responsibilty.
Put it this way...What if you aren't the type of guy who would come back and sign it what if you go AWOL. there is a relatively serious situation.

This is where you turned the corner of joe cool to "dick" in this situation

Then you do what is what I can only consider vedictive. You could have bitched out the GM the Owner but you stooped to his level. and lower

My point is we all do jerk stuff but to post it on a forum like a trophy..Meh.

1) Like I said, I thought I would never have to deal with him again so I was just letting it go, I wanted things to just be done and over with so I could drive my new car home and my wife could be on her way to work

2) So if I WAS one of those people who go AWOL, he would have screwed himself and the dealership because he DID NOT do his job and make sure EVERYTHING was filled out correctly and signed. Like I said, the SALES MANAGER agrees, when I told him I know its on both of us I forgot to sign and he didnt check he told me "NO ITS ON HIM 100%, I SHOULD MAKE HIM DRIVE DOWN TO YOU SO YOU CAN SIGN IT, IF SOMEONE HANDS ME A CHECK IM GOING TO ONE MAKE SURE ITS FILLED OUT CORRECTLY WITH THE CORRECT AMOUNT AND TWO MAKE SURE ITS SIGNED"

3)WHY would I bitch out the GM who has been nothing but excellent to me???? I did what I did so I could get into his head and he could realize that he needs to be careful who he talks down to because he just might do that to the wrong person one day and it will change his whole life. AND it was VERY effective

And im not posting it on the forum as a trophy, I just thought it was funny and wanted to share it

But like you said, thats your opinion

Mods please lock this Im done explaining myself and my actions

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Old 09-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #97
rodscamaro

Drives: 07' TAHOE LTZ
I think the finance guy overstepped his boundary, that’s obvious but it also seems you acted a little childish in the manner in which you handled the situation. In the future if you have a problem it’s much better to be direct about it. I don’t want to sound like I’m preaching but it just seems so obvious after reading your post (I’m over 40).
Old 09-11-2009, 02:34 AM   #98
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Well, when my ground effects weren't in when I picked up my car, they told me they had no idea when they'd be in and I'd be paying interest on those and my vinyl rally stripes. I was twice notified I was going to have them the following week and never received them.

I took advice from those here and went to the dealership to get an IOU and some smartass salesman comes out (cocky bastard) and asks me what was wrong, so I told him. He said, "You know buddy, if you don't like the situation or the car, we'll take your car back with whatever miles are on it and sell it. GM gave us permission to do that." I looked at him like he was the most retarded person on the planet, paused and said, "Don't patronize me asshole or I'll do everything to make sure you lose your job any way I can. I'm not an idiot and no I'm not returning my car, so don't give me that bulls**t line." I had the sales manager sign my IOU and I left disgusted. The f'ing nerve of some of these guys. The OP had every right to even curse out the finance manager. Hell the finance manager I had was a woman who was pushing me to sign my own loan when she knew full well I could get a better rate if my wife co-signed with me. She kept saying, "Oh, it isn't necessary because you already have the best interest rate." Yeah 7.14 is a great interest rate my ass. Thank God for Chase and 4.7% with my wife co-signing. Your finance manager messes with you, go tell them to go sit on a large sharp object. No MEANS no!

Apologies for the profanity.

Closed Thread