Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #85
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Take a hundered dollar bill and photocopy it and make about 10 of them.
Never ever do that. Just putting a bill on a photocopier, even if you are planning on writing "Fake" on them, is instant grounds for a long prison sentence. The government does not #%@! around with fake bills.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #86
CV3435

Drives: Black 2LT/RS manual
A lot of times I'll rev at a car that I know will blow mine away and its purely due to the fact that I wanna see a fast car rip it up. You never see fast cars going fast. just owners cruising and preserving the car. I've got a lead foot but I guess preservation will be an issue soon. I'll prolly have this car for ten years when it gets here.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #87
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Usually if you race one, the result will start going around school and most people will leave you alone.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #88
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
And whats with this lame "sleeper" craze sweeping the nation? Am i alone on this or does anyones else want a car thats evil as hell on the road and has the looks to cope? haha
I hate sleepers as well. But it's funnier when an old POS beats something like a corvette because it's a "sleeper".
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #89
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
After I picked up my 2SS/RS M-6 LS3, I was sitting at a stop light on my way home from the dealer. Mind you, the car has 7 miles on it, a little Honda Civic with blacked out windows and a fart can (chrome auto zone muffler )pulls along side and starts revving the engine as if that little 4 cylander POS with a loud and obnoxious exhaust will beat an LS3...........Needless to say I didn't embarrass them. However, next light, passenger rolls down the window and said as if he truly believed it "This Honda can smoke ANY muscle on the street"....My reply "you and that piece of s#*t is not worth my gas"!!!! Of course, I got the finger as they sped off.......About 2 miles away from home I see a cop with a car pulled over.....and wouldn't you know it, that little fart canned ricer getting a ticket. I'm sure it was for noise pollution and not speed. Those cars can't get out of their own way.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #90
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
I hate sleepers as well. But it's funnier when an old POS beats something like a corvette because it's a "sleeper".
I saw a full sized van beat a porsche on speed channel xD
But then wouldnt you know it (ironic for this site) it next raced a blown late 2nd gen camaro and got beat haha

and that story above this post is amazing hahaha, very nice
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #91
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
And whats with this lame "sleeper" craze sweeping the nation? Am i alone on this or does anyones else want a car thats evil as hell on the road and has the looks to cope? haha
I love a good sleeper..or for someone to think that I am stock...
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #92
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Never under estimate your opponent ..... Around my area there are a bunch of imports that have more money into just their engines than you have in your car ..... Needless to say they are bad to the bone fast ....
Old 09-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #93
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Never under estimate your opponent ..... Around my area there are a bunch of imports that have more money into just their engines than you have in your car ..... Needless to say they are bad to the bone fast ....

Honestly they can go as fast as they want but as the end of the day the car is butt ugly and has no resale value at all.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #94
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I think that about sums it up. So many people love to stereotype...be it cars or people. I know guys like this too. Twin turbo a Z or dump $30k under the hood of a honda...you can hand just about any car its a**. Do the same with a Camaro...same results...

Just because the car looks like a heap doesn't mean its one. In all honesty, you'll see the guys that are dumping money in their car for pure performance couldn't give a damn about paint or a "killer" stereo. I've never understood the need to throw a $5,000 stereo in a car with a 1,000hp motor....
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #95
hellraiser

Drives: benz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Honestly they can go as fast as they want but as the end of the day the car is butt ugly and has no resale value at all.
Rice has held there re-sale value pretty good...ie, subaru for one..About a dozen camaro's have moved into my area, pretty well all the same color.. I can see by next year there will be one in every driveway...except mine..Its just a car that was made famous by some cartoon movie..
hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #96
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Exhaust diverters - I'm curious if any Camaro5 members with diverters have been challenged at a traffic signal, and then opened the diverters and scared the challenger?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #97
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
To me it's all about crossing the finish line first..if some rice beats you..you have to give them respect...cuz no matter what you say...they beat you
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #98
Styffydawg
SSinister

Drives: Ram SS/T + Murdered Out 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
Everyone is in on the action, I had a Dodge Ram truck come up next to me on a 4 lane and tapped the gas as to encourage me. I believe most just want to see the new camaro jump on the gas and accellerate, not really race to see if they could win.
you may want to keep in mind that not all dodge trucks are slugs :p

SSinister
Styffydawg is offline   Reply With Quote