Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #29
jordan 572

Drives: none
Will this work if I place the sensor in the lower grill? I'm pretty sure I might get it ripped off since I have gfx and might lower it
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #30
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
Will this work if I place the sensor in the lower grill? I'm pretty sure I might get it ripped off since I have gfx and might lower it
Will work just fine, so long as you point it where it needs to look and calibrate it to your distance. Can be installed much anywhere, honestly.

Thanks,
Matt
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #31
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Just ordered. I should have ordered earlier, because the damage is done... I will get it fixed and it should stay fixed now.

I was going to use this money for another mod, but after hitting something this weekend I decided it was time for this mod.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #32
southerncarparts

We just did an install on an SS (all models would be the same)....The Video is here. We also offer a Camaro specific installation package.

Camaro Curb Alert Install

Video is at the bottom of the page.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 02-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #33
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Looks like a great idea. Just last week I pulled in too close to one of those concrete things in a parking lot and it barely touched the bottom of the car. No damage, but 1/2" higher and there would have been. Two things are stopping me from ordering it right away, both having to to with the sender unit. I wonder how long that thing would hang under the front of the car by that tape in the wind and 120 degree temperatures. Even the good tape with the red backing gives out eventually, especially in this heat, and the worst possible use is when something is dangling down in the wind. The other thing is that location would lead to destruction of the unit if you didn't hear it and stop in time even if the car passed over the obstacle. I'll think seriously about it when I see a Camaro with it mounted out of the wind and not hanging down, though.
Lee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #34
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
Looks like a great idea. Just last week I pulled in too close to one of those concrete things in a parking lot and it barely touched the bottom of the car. No damage, but 1/2" higher and there would have been. Two things are stopping me from ordering it right away, both having to to with the sender unit. I wonder how long that thing would hang under the front of the car by that tape in the wind and 120 degree temperatures. Even the good tape with the red backing gives out eventually, especially in this heat, and the worst possible use is when something is dangling down in the wind. The other thing is that location would lead to destruction of the unit if you didn't hear it and stop in time even if the car passed over the obstacle. I'll think seriously about it when I see a Camaro with it mounted out of the wind and not hanging down, though.
I've had one on my car for 8 months now, and my boss has had one on his truck and his Corvette for close to a year. Neither of us are exactly dainty drivers, and neither of us have had any issue at all with the mount not holding--which I think, given the wet, humid heat of a Georgia summer should be a testament to the mounting. As for destroying the sensor, it's pretty sturdy, and set back a bit when properly mounted. To break it you would have to have a serious "oops" with the front-end of your car. It's mounted high enough that it won't scrape (unless you're completely scraping off part of your front fascia/splitter), and if that's a genuine concern the mounting system is versatile enough that you can set it up higher. The sensor will even work through the wider, stock grille, if that's a genuine concern. I've had my sensor still function properly after getting it covered in mud, and it stayed in place just fine.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #35
slapshot71

Drives: inferno orange 2010 ss
Great Idea!! Ill be needing this, now that im looking into ground effects for my camaro...
slapshot71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #36
southerncarparts

We just did an install on an SS (all models would be the same)....The Video is here. We also offer a Camaro specific installation package.

Camaro Curb Alert Install

Video is at the bottom of the page.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #37
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
I ordered the mini curb alert before there was a Camaro custom package. How would I go about getting the fuse box plug component?
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #38
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirelaugh View Post
I ordered the mini curb alert before there was a Camaro custom package. How would I go about getting the fuse box plug component?
Is your system installed already? If so, I'm not sure it would be worth it to undo some of that installation just to use the fuse plug component. It's primary purpose is to make the install easier since some people were having issues with that.
Give us a call at our office and we'll help you out either way, though. If you want one we can work out getting one to you.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #39
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I finally got around to installing the Mini Curb Alert in my 2012 Camaro.

The install went very smoothly. I followed the video for the most part and paused it between steps.

I did make a change though. Although, I don't think it's a problem installing it in the fuse box, I didn't really like it in there. I decided to install it behind the kick panel instead.

I installed the speaker under the dash directly under the steering wheel column. You can't really see it, but you can get access to it if you tilt the steering wheel all the way up. This allows you to adjust the volume or turn off the speaker.

It's a great product and works as advertised.

Thanks,
Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #40
southerncarparts

Love the placement of the speaker under the steering column. Hadn't considered putting it there but that makes perfect sense. Yeah, some people don't like the fuse box install, it's just the easiest way to do it so it's the one we most readily advertise. The whole unit is really versatile, and a creative person can figure out a way to install the package exactly as they will want to--as you've so eloquently proven.

Thanks for the order and really glad you like the product!

Thanks,
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirManFL View Post

The install went very smoothly. I followed the video for the most part and paused it between steps.

I did make a change though. Although, I don't think it's a problem installing it in the fuse box, I didn't really like it in there. I decided to install it behind the kick panel instead.

I installed the speaker under the dash directly under the steering wheel column. You can't really see it, but you can get access to it if you tilt the steering wheel all the way up. This allows you to adjust the volume or turn off the speaker.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #41
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
This is awesome. Can't wait for pay day

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #42
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirManFL View Post

Thanks,
Rob
Just an update on this product that I installed a little less than a month ago.

As I'm rolling up to a curb, it beeps 3 times and I stop. I usually end up about 6 to 8 inches from the curb. It's working perfectly

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote