Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #15
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Why all the hate for the Zune? It's just another player in the market. I know plenty of people that own ipods and hate them but keep buying them to replace broken ones because all of their music is tied to iTunes. If you know anyone with an ipod, ask them how many they have purchased and how long they lasted before they stopped working.

As for the PDIM functionality, GM isn't tying it to the Zune or ipod or any other specific brand of portable music player. It is a personal device interface module that supports many different devices, including your basic USB flash drive.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #16
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Why all the hate for the Zune? It's just another player in the market. I know plenty of people that own ipods and hate them but keep buying them to replace broken ones because all of their music is tied to iTunes. If you know anyone with an ipod, ask them how many they have purchased and how long they lasted before they stopped working.

As for the PDIM functionality, GM isn't tying it to the Zune or ipod or any other specific brand of portable music player. It is a personal device interface module that supports many different devices, including your basic USB flash drive.

I agree,it jst so happens that the author of that article owns a Zune.It supports the ipod/iphone just as well as the zune or a flash drive.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
dodson914

Drives: 2008 2500 HD; 2008 G8 GT #199
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post

I've have two iPods and one is over a year old and the other is about 3 years old no issues at all.

Thanks for the clarification about interface. I read it as it was specifically designed for the Zune. I knew an iPod would work on it but wasn't sure if all the features would be carried over.
dodson914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #18
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
excellent news. was worried my 8G zune wouldn't be operable.
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #19
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
This really isn't a good idea. This is just another blunder on GMs part. Zunes may work great but they are about as popular as a sandisk mp3 player. Fact of the matter is Itouch and Iphone have litteraly revolutionalized the handheld market. If you disagree then you have never even touched one or you already had your mind made upbefore you tried it out. There is nothing, and I really do mean nothing, that comes CLOSE to and Iphone or Itouch.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #20
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoske View Post
This really isn't a good idea. This is just another blunder on GMs part. Zunes may work great but they are about as popular as a sandisk mp3 player. Fact of the matter is Itouch and Iphone have litteraly revolutionalized the handheld market. If you disagree then you have never even touched one or you already had your mind made upbefore you tried it out. There is nothing, and I really do mean nothing, that comes CLOSE to and Iphone or Itouch.
The thing supports Ipods as well. Don't start up the Apple fantrain just yet
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #21
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
Yes, Kdoske you are right. The Zune is a really cheap and badly made version of the iPOD. The Zune is #2. For the guys that want to play your mp3's in the camaro, buy the iPOD. A nano is $150 and a iTouch is $229. I don't mean to be mean towards any of you.
Smokintires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #22
ss1129
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodson914 View Post
I think sales numbers would say otherwise.
Your right, because teenage girls bubblegum music out sells rock cds its automaticlly better. Oh and a Civic is better than a BMW too.

Quote:

Yep, its never a good idea to add options for free. I mean god forbid it be compatible with ipod and zune.
ss1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #23
kdoske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokintires View Post
Yes, Kdoske you are right. The Zune is a really cheap and badly made version of the iPOD. The Zune is #2. For the guys that want to play your mp3's in the camaro, buy the iPOD. A nano is $150 and a iTouch is $229. I don't mean to be mean towards any of you.
well don't misquote me now. Im not saying a zune is JUNK im sure its finely crafted. I'm just saying Technologically speaking zune is to tandy 1000 as Iphone/Itouch is to NASA super computer.

Oh and for the record, i really do hate Mac's but I will give it to em with the Iphone, its incredible.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #24
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
well don't misquote me now. Im not saying a zune is JUNK im sure its finely crafted. I'm just saying Technologically speaking zune is to tandy 1000 as Iphone/Itouch is to NASA super computer.
agreed! lol Tandy 1000 LOL
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #25
kdoske

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1129 View Post
Your right, because teenage girls bubblegum music out sells rock cds its automaticlly better. Oh and a Civic is better than a BMW too.

Yep, its never a good idea to add options for free. I mean god forbid it be compatible with ipod and zune.

Well the way the articles written it sounds like they teamed up with microsoft for zune support. Im just saying, if your gonna go this extra mile why not do it with the product that has monopolized the market.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #26
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Well the way the articles written it sounds like they teamed up with microsoft for zune support. Im just saying, if your gonna go this extra mile why not do it with the product that has monopolized the market.
thats what I said a few months back, i never understood why GM didnt ask apple to "sync" onstar?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #27
dodson914

Drives: 2008 2500 HD; 2008 G8 GT #199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1129 View Post
Glad we see eye to eye.
dodson914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #28
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Again, it's not integrated with any specific device or platform. The Ipod is supported.
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote