Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
Dynatech Headers Review

I searched the site high and low and read damn near every article and thread posted about all the varieties. My conclusion...I was no where closer to a decision than I was when I started my search. The solution: call my favorite vendor and let him help me out.

I called up Steve at RDP Motorsports (always honest and helpful regardless if you buy or not) I told him I was looking for quality and most importantly fitment. He didn't even hesitate for a second to tell me that the header for me is the Dynatech headers. I told him to put them in the mail.

A few days later and I get a surprise at my door. Headers where here in CA in record time. I wasted no time. Removed the stock system and unpackaged the headers. Sorry no pics of the unboxing or installation process as its been posted before. I will say this the headers are top quality. They look brilliant.

Here comes the moment of truth...fitment. Holy crap!!! The headers went on in less than an hour!!! It was literally harder to pull off the stock system than it was to install the new system. I got everything on and bolted down. Had over 3/4 inch clearance to the steering shaft. In all the header threads this seemed to be a major issue. Passenger side had zero clearance issues even with the relocated coolant hoses.

Ground clearance was unchanged. Zero leaks in the system and bolted straight up to my Corsa catback.

Here is the kicker...in every thread tuning seems to come up all the time. People are always asking "will I need a tune" I can honestly say with the Dynatechs you WILL NOT get a CEL light. I have HP Tuners but I purposely did not touch the tune just to verify this. I have put on over 250 miles of varied driving conditions. Mostly hard but stop and go traffic mixed in with about 10 hard stops. NO CEL to date. Hooked up the scanner and o2 sensors are all reading within tolerances.

If you are looking for the best fitting header on the market and get it from an outstanding vendor at a great price call Steve at RDP Motorsports.

Here is a pic of the steering shaft clearance:

dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #2
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
We have members with well over 500 miles before they threw a code. The point is, when you move the rear O2 sensors further down the line, they won't heat up as fast and throw a code. Some do it immediately, and other come on later. I drove mine for two weeks before I had it tuned and it never threw a code. If yours never does, you'll be the first.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
dixonk

Dynatech Headers Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
We have members with well over 500 miles before they threw a code. The point is, when you move the rear O2 sensors further down the line, they won't heat up as fast and throw a code. Some do it immediately, and other come on later. I drove mine for two weeks before I had it tuned and it never threw a code. If yours never does, you'll be the first.
The rear o2 sensors are in the same location. They don't need extensions. Only the fronts. I will be driving back and forth to Reno today which will put me well over 500 miles. Will continue to report. I will not turn off the MIL and monitor.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
dixonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccione Performance View Post
Ive installed over 50 sets of the Dynatech's, love them, easiest L/T to install and it makes great power.
You will eventually throw a CEL, enjoy it while it lasts.
I have the 2nd production set on my '10 and I just installed a set on my '12.
I'm not worried about the CEL. I just know there are a lot of people dead set against tuning for whatever reason. I hooked HP tuners up to my car within an hour of taking it home. Remarkably no warranty issues lol.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I've had my Dynatechs now for almost 3 years and no problems. Easy install and perfect fitment!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Congrats! Enjoy them and welcome to modding but since you have HPT I doubt it's your first rodeo lol.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
dixonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
Congrats! Enjoy them and welcome to modding but since you have HPT I doubt it's your first rodeo lol.
Let me see: 2 SBC, 1 TPI, 1 LT1, 2 LS1, 2 LS2, and now L99. Oh ya lets not forget about my LQ4 truck too.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
great headers! congrats on the 1LE
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
H8S FORD
Head Ford Harasser

Drives: '10 IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Aren't you selling these in the member classifieds now? Strange, 6 days later only...
H8S FORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #10
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
The rear o2 sensors are in the same location. They don't need extensions. Only the fronts. I will be driving back and forth to Reno today which will put me well over 500 miles. Will continue to report. I will not turn off the MIL and monitor.
Not true. Big difference in locations.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #11
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8S FORD View Post
Aren't you selling these in the member classifieds now? Strange, 6 days later only...
Looks like he got a 1LE which is awesome!

However, I wouldn't sell the headers. You'll end up putting some on the 1LE.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #12
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
absolute awesome Headers, Ted Jannetty recommended Dynatechs when I brought my SS to him, so I knew they were top of the line.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:26 AM   #13
Kiwi_Camaro_2010

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 2010 L99
Love the headers, would love to see additional bung installed for AFR option, would not recommend the dynatech catts for FI though, learn't this through expensive forced rebuild.
Camaro 2SS/RS 2010 / L99 / Whipple SC /Dynatech Headers & Catts (gutted), ID 850 injectors, ZL1 fuel pump +BAP & ADM pump controller, ZR1 3Bar MAP, Dual Elite Catch Cans, 91 octane ,Eibach sway bar kit , Driveshaft loop, oil cooler delete, ADM dual gauges (AFR/Boost) LC1 wideband controller, D/D, ARP stud kit ,Callies forged slayer crank 3.622", callies ultra rods, wiseco forged pistons, L99-LS3, rollmaster double row steel timing set & comps cam timing cover,blower cam 630/660 lift,3/8 pushrods, pac gear 8deg, yella terra ultra lites. LS9 head gaskets. Texas speed custom oil pump. Asm by me.
Kiwi_Camaro_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #14
dixonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8S FORD View Post
Bought a 1LE. Don't need headers on this one. It's faster than my L99 is.