Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
The Bittersweet goodbye SS, hello Cruze

First off, How Ya'll doing!?!? XD
I missed Camaro 5, I haven't posted in a LONG time, been SO busy it's not even funny and I try to lurk when I can but I forget sometimes.

No matter what, keep my account active cause, this is where I come to look, talk and see my favorite car and car people XD.

So yea, I have enjoyed my time as a CGM Camaro 2SS/RS owner more then I can tell ya, but due to my wife losing her employement, The Camaro SS had to go. So here's what we did, we traded in both my wife's 04 envoy, and my Camaro, got ourselves an all new 2011 Chevy Cruze. After it was all added up, we can possibly pay this thing off in less then 24 months. I must say I am really impressed with this little car. My wife is an SUV person through and through but even after driving the equinox, this car is what she picked. It's a heavily optioned 1LT. I would of considered a V6 Camaro, but it's just not going to work for a family car when you are a 1 car family. Anyway, I really was depressed almost all day and just wanted to get the whole process over with.

However, having now driven the Cruze some, especially with that tiny Turbo strapped to the engine, I am floored at how impressed I am with this car. It's like the easiest car in the world to get along with. It just does everything right, it looks nice, it sips gas, it moves when you press the pedal, it has storage room, it rides well, it's easy to see out of, it has a bazillion features and gadgets (Even more then my 2SS) I just was amazed at how much better it is then the Cobalt it replaces. It's staggering, it's not even on the same field. Much as it sucks, I had to do right by my family and situation. I will always be a Camaro fan, and there is nothing stopping me, 24 months down the line with some money saved up to test the waters again and see if I can get another one. I want to thank Chevrolet (And GM as a whole) for making the right car at the right time to meet the need of my family. I also want to thank Classic in Grapevine for taking care of me as always.
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Rogey89
ZL 1 3 7

Drives: '23 ZL1
Thanks from Oshawa for keepin' it GM. The Cruze is a proven automobile, I'm sure you will enjoy it!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Man that sucks.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I am keeping on eye on the gas prices and if they go to $5+ per gallon I will be picking up a Cruze myself ... but keep my Camaro too.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
LS3CAM
TheBeerMan

Drives: 2010 RS/2SS Camaro LS3 CGM Sunroof
A person has to do what a person has to do! Two years will go by fast, and who knows, might be the perfect time to pick up a new Z/28 or ZL1.
LS3CAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
Mosher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogey89 View Post
Thanks from Oshawa for keepin' it GM. The Cruze is a proven automobile, I'm sure you will enjoy it!
Grandfather worked for GM about 30+ years, After the way you guys took care of him, and my Grandmother, and there extended family over all those years, I would be hard pressed to go with anything else.

It does help that you guys are churning out some awesome offerings right now too BTW
Old 02-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
I hope you enjoy the Cruze!
guiLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
Mosher

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Man that sucks.
It does! Tilt one back in my Honor!:(

But don't cry too much, I'm not, if the worst thing that happens to me is selling my dream car, that's ok with me. I have the ultimate blessing, and she's 17 months old!

This post is simply about how, due to the Cruze being such a great car, it eases the pain some, and I think that says alot.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Yeah, that is tough. I have lost employment a few times in my career & that is no fun either. You & your wife hang in there. We all have to make tough choices in tough times. Nothing is perminent but change & this too will pass. When times are better you can rejoin the Camaro owners permagrin society. Until then, keep lurking here with us.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Hey Mosher you traded in a 2SS and an Envoy for a loaded 1LT Cruze and still have payments? I find that hard to believe o.0
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
Hey Mosher you traded in a 2SS and an Envoy for a loaded 1LT Cruze and still have payments? I find that hard to believe o.0
I doubt either were paid for. why is that so hard to believe? if i traded my car for a cruise i would have a payment too
Old 02-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I'm sorry you had to give up the Camaro, but you've got to do what you've
got to do. I'm driving a 2LT/RS Cruze as a company car right now and everything you said is so true. What a blast this car is to drive. No wonder GM doesn't want it referred to as a "replacement" for the Cobalt, there is no comparison. Glad you like it, it's a blast to sell them. We'll look forward to the day your park your new Camaro next to the gently used Cruze!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I am happy to see more and more of them on the streets lately...seems like a nice small car offering. Congrats on the new car, enjoy it.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #14
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
You traded in an Envoy and a V8 Camaro for a Cruze and you STILL owed money? How did that happen?

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote