Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 05-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #141
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Any "hate" from one gen to another is unfortunate and hopefully unintentional....

I for one believe there is no hate at all, just some talk and bs for talk and bs's sake....Peace...
No there's definitely hate or trolling masked as such, though I don't really understand why. I've seen enough of the same type of "overly sensitive" responses on c5 over the years, and the mindset that anyone who doesn't like the 5 was just jealous, yadda yadda yadda. So the defensive response really shouldn't surprise anyone when someone goes out of their way to attack something someone is passionate about. It's been the same across all generations for years.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
Old 05-27-2017, 07:34 PM   #142
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
GM will figure it out like a few people have said the Gen 5 had 8 years of no pre-releases to garner the sales nostalgia and only 5 years off the usual 8 to 10 generation gap so it's still fresh. The fact that sales were lower isn't surprising the fact that it's caught up to the mustang finally shows a ton of potential regardless of the reason because the mustang had their full generation before they released the current one.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 05-27-2017, 07:36 PM   #143
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
You seem to be taking my post personally. Why?

I understand that the thread was moved by the moderator. Bad move... I think we can all agree on that.
No....im just feeding the fire lol You know by now my posts are far from serious. Bitches gonna bitch.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:47 PM   #144
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Ok just for a bit of fun i took my wife to see a white Camaro ss at my local dealership after getting an ice coffee in my 5th gen. Just asked her a simple question. What do you think? Her answer...auctually her rant went like this. Side window looks to small....looks to modern ....dont mind the front end but the back looks aweful. From a distance I dont like the bodylines. Looks kind of small. How come the wheels dont look very wide? I didnt say a word...just let her go. Her final comment "Im not a fan" Take it for what it is but i thought I would share because of this thread. Want an honest opinion....just ask your wife.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #145
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Yeah I don't get this Gen 5 vs Gen 6 war going on. The only thing that gets me riled up is the continued BS that keeps on being harped on how the 6th gen is not all new..... It's got a whole new powertrain, new platform, etc. The only thing it shares from the 5th gen is the SS badge and Camaro badge. Yeah the design went evolutionary and the 2014-2015 refresh gave a way a lot of what the 6th gen would end up looking like( IMHO a mistake), but the 6th gen is a brand new car from the ground up.

Now it comes down to personal taste and perspective which is all subjective to whether the improvements is worth it for 5th gen owners to make the jump to the 6th gen. Some have, some haven't.

For me, the 6th gen is my first Camaro. I did drive the Camaro SS back in 2012 or so when GM was doing its mainstreet on wheels driving events. It was an auto so it had the L99 and probably a mistake to drive the 'Vette GS first, but it did feel and drive heavy and had a bit of body roll. I was not a fan of the interior either. Now the exterior I loved up until the refresh.

Like many, I was also not a fan of the 6th gen when it debuted. But when I saw it person, I loved it. Now when I see a 5th gen, I much prefer the 6th gens more sculpted looks vs the 5th gens bulkier design. Though I still absolutely love the 5th gens original front end. I love how composed the 6th gen drives and it handles like it is on rails.

I will admit I am not a diehard Camaro fan as lot of you guys are. I'm only in a Camaro because a 'Vette is out of my budget. But I absolutely don't regret the Camaro or feel like I made a compromise and still wish I could have bought a Corvette. I freaking love my '17 2SS.

But I am not trying to trash gen 5 owners cars. Not trying to say the 5th gen sucks even if it didn't appeal to me outside of the exterior design of the pre-refresh era. Just different tastes.

Now lets just get along.
I agree with almost all you said, especially the original front end of 5th Gens. Why oh why does Chevy think keep squishing the grill? It was a mistake on 2014's the grill was so short it had to drop down for the headlights. For 2016 they shortened it even further, just barley enough for the bow tie. With each time they shortened the grill the lower grill got bigger & bigger. Now Gen 5ers are complaining the front looks like a wide mouth bass. If the front was in better proportion and they dropped the stupid quarter seam. I would love the latest Gen of Camaro as mush as Gen 5. By the way the seam is only obvious on light colored cars, yellow, silver & white. I really dig that Chevy dropped the black plastic on the rear & I love the new tail lights.

I agree lighter is better when it comes to handling. But Gen 5 was no slouch in the handling dept.

When I heard that Chevy came out with a turbo 4 I groaned. When I saw the first one in person, a yellow one. I saw the side quarter seam & chin spoiler and thought how many would get damaged?

Overall I admire that Chevy kept the overall look the same.

We all drive Camaros, we all have great taste. I second, we should all get along.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:00 PM   #146
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
If you go to GM Inside News, on the Camaro forums there is thread where they show a pic of the final design proposal for the 6th gen.

That car looked great and much better than what we got when the Gen 6 eventually came out. It looked like a 5th gen with all the updated design features of the Gen 6 and it looked fantastic.

Yes, styling does have a lot to do with it, at least in my case.

Go check out the photos and post them here. Tell me what you guys think.....
Old 05-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #147
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13LTLoveIt View Post
Ha, Ha. Ever hear of spin/hype? 5th Gen was lauded for it's handling. No doubt 2016 is a hair better, but really all that much better than 5th Gen? Come on!
A hair better? You need to test drive a 6th gen. Any trim level. You'll know what I mean before you even get out of the parking lot.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:07 PM   #148
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Aside from MartinJim's posts, very little in here is much beyond cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias driven by the irrational purchasing decision we all make. I'm surprised a moderator hasn't closed the thread because there is little of substance to discuss. You don't like the Gen6 for ________. Someone else doesn't like the Gen 5 because of _______.

At the end of the day, none of this drives either community forward in a positive direction or contributes in a meaningful way to enjoying our respective cars. I can't believe I wasted my time reading this thread.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:17 PM   #149
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
Aside from MartinJim's posts, very little in here is much beyond cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias driven by the irrational purchasing decision we all make. I'm surprised a moderator hasn't closed the thread because there is little of substance to discuss. You don't like the Gen6 for ________. Someone else doesn't like the Gen 5 because of _______.

At the end of the day, none of this drives either community forward in a positive direction or contributes in a meaningful way to enjoying our respective cars. I can't believe I wasted my time reading this thread.
I wondered how long it would be before someone brought up the mods to delete comments. You just added another worthless post to very same lack of positive direction posts your complaiming about. Read.....complain....post. Way to put such a positive twist on things. This thread is what? 11 pages long. You didnt clue in earlier?
Old 05-27-2017, 09:37 PM   #150
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I'm really surprised of the vitriol from 5th gen owners, some of you guys sound like the mustang6g guys. I had a 5th gen for 4 years and now my 6th for over a year. It's a much nicer car overall. I can't fairly compare the handling or power because I went from a 2LT to a 2SS, but as far as design and quality, it's a step up for sure.

You're blind if you can't tell the quality difference in the interior. Compare any GM car interior from 2009 to 2015. There's a big difference in materials. The interior is really not smaller, the backseat is more squashed, but that's due to the uneven floor pan. The dash sits lower on the passenger side to increase outward visibility for your passenger, a pillars are smaller and the door panels are not as wide compared the 5th gen improving the side to side size. So yeah the body is overall smaller, but it doesn't sacrifice interior room. Except in the rear backpack holder behind the front row seats. Lol they also improved the trunk capacity IMO. I can now fit 5 gallon buckets easily inside. Not possible on the 5th gen.

I love all gens of Camaro, I think GM did a stellar job, if you don't like the design, no one is forcing you to buy it. If you hate it because it's different from what you're accustom to, That's cool, but change isn't always a bad thing.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:43 PM   #151
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
Yup................
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post

Old 05-27-2017, 09:54 PM   #152
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
I'm really surprised of the vitriol from 5th gen owners, some of you guys sound like the mustang6g guys. I had a 5th gen for 4 years and now my 6th for over a year. It's a much nicer car overall. I can't fairly compare the handling or power because I went from a 2LT to a 2SS, but as far as design and quality, it's a step up for sure.

You're blind if you can't tell the quality difference in the interior. Compare any GM car interior from 2009 to 2015. There's a big difference in materials. The interior is really not smaller, the backseat is more squashed, but that's due to the uneven floor pan. The dash sits lower on the passenger side to increase outward visibility for your passenger, a pillars are smaller and the door panels are not as wide compared the 5th gen improving the side to side size. So yeah the body is overall smaller, but it doesn't sacrifice interior room. Except in the rear backpack holder behind the front row seats. Lol they also improved the trunk capacity IMO. I can now fit 5 gallon buckets easily inside. Not possible on the 5th gen.

I love all gens of Camaro, I think GM did a stellar job, if you don't like the design, no one is forcing you to buy it. If you hate it because it's different from what you're accustom to, That's cool, but change isn't always a bad thing.
I agree...ive never said anything negative about drivetrain or interior. Because in my opinion the new model should be an upgrade over the out going one. I just like the look of my car better...simple fact. I get in my car and I smile from ear to ear. I like the stout look and fee of my carl...but when people start to disrespect my ride i get irratated.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:59 PM   #153
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Front seat area is smaller too. The dropped the roof 1 inch and roughly 2 on width. There has been more than 1 discussion on a snugger feel, which wouldn't affect me, but larger guys. Personally I think the center air vents are too low. In July & Aug do you freeze your knuckles off while shifting a manual? And how easy is it to use the wireless charging pad while seated? It should have been placed under the dash where the 4 pk gauges went on 5th Gens. Both of those items wouldn't be a deal breakers for me. If they came out with jewel tone colors, burgundy, navy & dark green..even a gold color. I might consider a 6th Gen V6.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:31 AM   #154
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Hey 5th gen trolls:

Nobody here wants your antiquated design, with station wagon handling.

The only thing wrong with 6th gen styling is it looks too much like the 5th gen.

Keep your zeta fanboy crap on Camaro5.

We'll throw 500 lbs in the 6th gen trunk to get the 5th gen experience. Not.

More than 100,000 2017 Camaro's sold, profits soaring.

Yes, GM is miserable, they can't find enough banks to hold all their profits!

Closed Thread