Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-02-2018, 08:24 AM   #43
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
Ask not what camaro5 can do for you but rather ask what you can do for camaro5..
I'm in total agreement. Great response!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:27 AM   #44
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
I think we're doing just fine
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:41 AM   #45
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Turbo 4 automatic mustangs are the fastest muscle car now. I saw it on the inter webs.
Hey I have one of those! Don't give away my secret weapon
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #46
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Op this forum is still very active. Camaro 5 can somebody what a part is.....that is causing certain sounds ....and can find a members old car in a heartbeat. I have seen better detective work here the on any CSI episode. Also if you look on Camaro6 there is nothing new there...it looks like they just revive old topics from here. Its the same threads and conversations that went on here 4 or 5 years ago.

Last edited by rontammy0; 08-02-2018 at 09:07 AM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:00 AM   #47
UBB

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
I don't come to the forms very often anymore just cuz I don't feel like anybody wants to hear what new people want to say or talk about.
the overall feeling that I get here is the same that I got on the benzworld forms. Elitists if you don't buy the parts we use on our cars from this brand or this company that somehow makes your car inferior and that you're wasting your time and money. what happened just to the group who wants to modify their car just for the sake of modifying cars not to make any more power or look good to anyone except for the owner.

And then you get into the SS and ZL1 owners a small group of them who feel that if you didn't buy either of those two models and the appropriate options and different badges that came with the different options you could get, your car is crap and we don't want to talk to you, sure I get some people are going to say things like that in jest all in good fun but it really alienates a group of people.

The overall perception that I got from the form is if you have any kind of a question that you want to ask people you need to spend hours upon hours going through thread after thread looking for the answer that you want before you should even bother making a post because that's just wasting all these people's time. to me I think that's just a waste of time. Because were talking about a form that has been around for many many years now and there's so many threads so many posts that it makes it a little bit difficult for newer people to find what they want to even with the search option that there is.

It feels like you're a third wheel in a group of friends you just met who have been talking and laughing about the same inside joke for the last 3 hours that you're never going to get because you weren't around when it started.

Maybe I'm just weird and I don't get any of it. I'm one of those people who just enjoys modifying cars for no reason other than to just do that or to learn something new that I've never known how to do before.

and there's probably plenty of people on here who can point out where I've been an A-hole and said a bunch of stupid stuff to people and made a bunch of stupid posts but I don't really care. I just want to talk to people I just want to talk about the vehicle I'm passionate about that I'm spending all this money and time and investment in for my own pleasure. I would like to bounce ideas off people on what they think about a certain modification or taking parts off their car that nobody would modify and do something weird with them that others would not normally do.

As an example what I've always wanted to do with my car is by another set of steel rims and have them stripped and Polished and just paint the face of the wheels and leaving nice polished lip.
Another example is I'm a huge fan of Mad Max my car is black it's two door why not have side pipes like Mad Max that's pretty stupid and it's pretty pointless as well serves no purpose other than to make your car loud and obnoxious. But I digress

Those are just some of my reasons and I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people disagree with it.
Wow, that's quite the wall of text for a V6 guy! Well done!

I keed.....I keed!
UBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #48
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Here ya go.....

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/attac...1&d=1533219284
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #49
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
What makes this thread so absolutely ridiculous begins with it’s title. Instead of writing something playful like “hey, where’s everybody at?” the OP sounds like he’s about to slit his wrists because the forum doesn’t live up to his standard of activity and he somehow connects owning his Camaro to the forum. (I give you exhibit A...” I used to fantasize about getting my own camaro. Now I have one and the forum is so slow.”)

Then there’s the follow up posts by a bunch of cry babies who feel left out and can’t be bothered to search a topic or simply just have some champagne bullshit to complain about. (I give you exhibit B...”Modders helped the decline, goofing on us non modders, making us feel 'less than'. So are we just happy driving a Camaro, yupp. Not wasting time here.”). One, who is out there not modding thier car? And two, if you can’t take a little goofing on, place a disclaimer in your signature and we’ll gladly never joke with you ever again. Example....”please don’t joke with me, my feelings are easily hurt. Thank you”

On any given day, there’s a multitude of interesting topics and like minded people if you look, and if you’re patient. Then there’s the “New topic” option.... expect some off topic discussion but have the balls to guide your own thread a little. Jeez. Have fun. You ask for oil capacity, one way or another you’ll get your answer...what do care how? For gods sake, I started a thread about mother****ing pineapple! Have fun!

Regardless...if this forum makes you sad or unhappy, or pisses you off on a regular basis in anyway...why the **** are you here? Delete your account and go look for greener pasture...find someplace that makes you happy and where you’re accepted and all your dreams come true.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #50
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
I also have a 4th Gen Trans Am, if you think this place is quiet visit any 4th gen forum....
Seriously though, most boards go quieter when a new model comes out or when car "fashion" changes and people just move on, plus after 8 years or so most faults have been found, problems shared, there's only just so much you can talk about!
Personally I think its doing ok.
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #51
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
What makes this thread so absolutely ridiculous begins with it’s title. Instead of writing something playful like “hey, where’s everybody at?” the OP sounds like he’s about to slit his wrists because the forum doesn’t live up to his standard of activity and he somehow connects owning his Camaro to the forum. (I give you exhibit A...” I used to fantasize about getting my own camaro. Now I have one and the forum is so slow.”)

Then there’s the follow up posts by a bunch of cry babies who feel left out and can’t be bothered to search a topic or simply just have some champagne bullshit to complain about. (I give you exhibit B...”Modders helped the decline, goofing on us non modders, making us feel 'less than'. So are we just happy driving a Camaro, yupp. Not wasting time here.”). One, who is out there not modding thier car? And two, if you can’t take a little goofing on, place a disclaimer in your signature and we’ll gladly never joke with you ever again. Example....”please don’t joke with me, my feelings are easily hurt. Thank you”

On any given day, there’s a multitude of interesting topics and like minded people if you look, and if you’re patient. Then there’s the “New topic” option.... expect some off topic discussion but have the balls to guide your own thread a little. Jeez. Have fun. You ask for oil capacity, one way or another you’ll get your answer...what do care how? For gods sake, I started a thread about mother****ing pineapple! Have fun!

Regardless...if this forum makes you sad or unhappy, or pisses you off on a regular basis in anyway...why the **** are you here? Delete your account and go look for greener pasture...find someplace that makes you happy and where you’re accepted and all your dreams come true.
Tell us how you really feel haha. I think we can have it all if we just make a safe space and a hurt feelings department that can deal with drama in a case by case environment . Im kidding of course..or am I?
Old 08-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #52
GatorGreg

Drives: '14 Blue Ray ("Suite Madame Blue")
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post

GatorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:53 PM   #53
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
the posts that are infracted are done so by the individual admin/moderator. We don’t have a committee that meets and decides what to do. However, we do back each other up. It’s what has made this forum as successful as it has been. I’ve seen quite a few forums die a painful death, as well as FB pages due to lax moderation. As you may have figured out, often times infractions are handed out in groups. At other times they are individually handed out. The easiest way to avoid them is to recognize when a thread is started or attended by panty wasted people that can’t handle the truth and at the same time not intentionally stirring the pot. I’m not saying you are guilty of either. In fact I have no idea what you were banned for. I look at those occasionally, but mostly when I’m looking into the infraction history or lack there of with regards to members...

I could also mention the report button... there are 15 mods/admins total and a couple hundred thousand members in total on three sites... we don’t see everything.. if you see something, report it... I know, don’t want to be the narc/tattle-tale/etc...

it’s actually pretty easy to recognize, as I tend to be passive aggressive a lot... it’s hard to infract “intent.”

nah, we see right through that as well... there’s a kid lives in Columbia at least part time, haven’t seen him around in years that tried that as well...haven’t seen him around in forever...
That's what got me my first ban. someone didn't agree with me and then bam...ban hammer
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #54
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
If it weren't for the garage forum I'd likely never come back. The V6/V8, manual vs. auto thing is just childish, not to mention the idiots beating on the 10/13 vs. the 14/15 body styles.

Let's start a HUD vs. non HUD hissy fight next.

Although I'll admit reading the responses of the V8 guys who went completely antifa over being told a v6 gen6 could maybe beat them was legendary!
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #55
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
If it weren't for the garage forum I'd likely never come back. The V6/V8, manual vs. auto thing is just childish, not to mention the idiots beating on the 10/13 vs. the 14/15 body styles.

Let's start a HUD vs. non HUD hissy fight next.

Although I'll admit reading the responses of the V8 guys who went completely antifa over being told a v6 gen6 could maybe beat them was legendary!

So if you don't like it, it’s childish and idiotic....if you do like it, it’s amusing?

Get bent.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #56
Matt8892(2)

Drives: Black camaro 2ss 45th
No wrist slitting on my part. Was just stating facts. Of course I was being over dramatic in my wording. It’s reasonable and makes sense why a forum slows down, but the amount of useful information in this forum contained in older threads is still amazing.

I was just making conversation to see if anyone else shared the same feeling or noticed the same things as me. Being that discussion is the main part of a forum.
Matt8892(2) is offline   Reply With Quote