Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-15-2016, 08:33 PM   #1
s.hammer

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Sparco or Cobra - which seat would you go with?

So I am trying to decide which seat to go with, problem is, I have not found any where to check out the Sparco in person. Trying to decide between the Sparco Evo II US or the Cobra Imola-pro. I did find a shop about 80 miles away with Cobra seats, but have not found any one in RI, MA, or CT that deal Sparco. Anyone have experience with these 2 seats???

Sparco weight 19.3 lbs
Cobra weight 17 lbs

Looking for input on comfort and quality.
s.hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:26 PM   #2
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
You should never buy a race seat if you haven't tried it.

The best thing to do if you can't find one new to try it, head to a race track and see if you can sit in some of the seats you are looking at purchasing

I had Sparco Evo 2. I am 5'10", muscular build, 46" shoulders, 36" waist. Fit me just fine.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:43 PM   #3
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
As dropspeed stated it is better if you sit in the seat. It will be worth the drive to experience it for yourself. I was set on buying Sparco EVO II but needed a wider seat. I ended up with the Cobra Suzuka Pro Fit II. Both seats you listed are good, but it's personal since the fit will be snug, and everyone is different in comfort and body build.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
s.hammer

Thanks guys, you were 100% correct. Went to HMS Motorsports North today and found out that do not fit in 90% of the seats they carry (Cobra, OMP, Recaro). Did't even come close to fitting in the Imola-pro XL. Guess I am wider than I thought. I ended up really liking the OMP WRC-R XL. Seat was a perfect fit. It made me realize how bad I fit in the stock seat.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:56 AM   #5
summit1le

Drives: 15 Lexus RCF, 17 Vette Grand Sport
Omp

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.hammer View Post
Thanks guys, you were 100% correct. Went to HMS Motorsports North today and found out that do not fit in 90% of the seats they carry (Cobra, OMP, Recaro). Did't even come close to fitting in the Imola-pro XL. Guess I am wider than I thought. I ended up really liking the OMP WRC-R XL. Seat was a perfect fit. It made me realize how bad I fit in the stock seat.
Same thing happened with me. I went to test out the sparco evo. The issue was where the cut outs were for my shoulder belts since I am about 6"3 the Omp is what I ultimately went with due to the higher shoulder cut outs. I did get the xl as well so that I would be slightly more comfortable on local drives. Keep in mind though how wide these are as the two front seats are almost touching. I really had to position them towards the center just so the doors would close
2013 Summit 1SS 1LE w/NPP, SW 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers, CAI Intake, Ported TB, Cammotion 224/232 113 LSA, BTR Valvetrain, Melling Oil Pump, 468 HP 423, Apex Catch Can, Tank Plates, RPM 4 Point Roll Bar with SCCA/NASA Cross Brace, Schroth 6 Point Han's Harness, OMP WRC Front Seats, F.M.T Trailing Arms, F.M.T Solid Aluminum Subframe Bushings, Moreno Motorsports Camber Plates, BMR Bushings Front and Rear, Essex/AP Racing Radi-Cal Endurance Front Brakes, Quantum Brake Cooling Ducts, ZL1 Rockers, ZL1 Air Deflectors, Heritage Grill, Pfadt Springs.
summit1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #6
s.hammer

That was one of my concerns when I looked at them yesterday, was going to do my measuring today when I install the roll bar. Do you have any pics of them installed?
Old 03-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #7
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
You are going to really appreciate your Z/28 even more when you have the seats, bar, and harness installed. I just finished my setup on my ZL1, and it is so much better. Safety gear installed,and now ready for the track.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote