Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-03-2022, 10:48 PM   #15
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
Yes. When I initially installed my Whipple, all I had was a ZL1 pump and an ADM FPCM (the code hadn't been broken yet to be able to tune the FPCM), and I was able to get 600+whp reliably. When I pulleyed down (3.625") and went to about 675whp, I started losing fuel pressure in the upper RPM range.

Now that is impressive- LOVE THE SETUP AND HP!!!!
The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:36 AM   #16
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
I bet there was a time when you drove your 430whp camaro and said "Oh man this is so much fun, I'll never need more power than this" and here you are...

In no time you will want to turn up the boost a little and that Torqstorm will be out of gas.
There is a reason they are less expensive, and I dont mean that as an insult.

I agree with Redline and Stevie. Roots for a fun street car. I just picked up a CTS V with an LSA and I'm having a blast!! It makes half the power of the camaro, and is still more fun to drive.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock"
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:59 AM   #17
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
That's the thing. If it really is a daily....be sensible.

And if you're aiming to keep it sensible, but always want the feeling of power...the instant kick and torque at most revs from the Roots...will give you the best all round experience.

Now if you said you mostly rev the crap out of it, then there would be a different choice...but let's face it, most daily's are not driven like that

Roots will be the best bang/oomph per buck so to speak
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:47 AM   #18
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I appreciate all of the input guys. It really is a street car. I do some highway pulls on her occasionally but not really often. I guess Roots may be the way to go. Maybe I will just wait until a roots blower makes it onto the classifieds or a decent price and go that route. I really wanted something new, but the price for Whipple and Maggie stuff is just out of budget for me. And I know the old saying... "you have to pay to play" but I can only justify so much to my wife before she threatens to kill me. Which I am sure most of you can relate.

Maybe my best route would be a factory LSA blower for the $$$.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 07:40 AM   #19
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Yes. Factory LSA is likely going to be your cheapest route. You should call ADM or some of the other shops. They may be able to put together a used kit for you that is within your budget.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote