Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-11-2022, 07:17 PM   #1
Marksobo

Drives: 32 ford coupe
Do Intake plates work?

Hello,

I have a general question for the group. Do intake spacer plates do anything to help performance on a supercharger LS motor?

I’ve researched this quite a bit and have found a few vendors that sell spacers that are marketed as “heat reduction” spacers. The research seems to suggest that they do very little to prevent heat soak, unless idling. If my understanding is incorrect, please let me know.

My question, however, is more directed toward whether the plate assists in performance a due to it lengthening the intake tunnel. Specifically I’m wondering whether it improves low end torque due to changes in the air flow. I note a couple of vendors that sell aluminum plates that do nothing more than provide a spacer between the SC and the head (ICT Billet and Comp Cams) but they don’t really market the spacers doing anything to improve performance.

Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Marksobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:24 PM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
The last thing you need to worry about with a PD supercharger is low end torque.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote