Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
convert

Drives: the Camaro as often as possible
iPod menu problem

I have the iPod Touch 3G and I've tried resetting it as well as restoring it, but neither has helped resolve the issues with the iPod interface in the Camaro. My car has the CC hardware and CE software (from the factory).

When I search by artist, the first several artist names show up blank. When I select one, the album names don't show up right -- sometimes they're artist names, sometimes they're track names. When I select an album the track names show up ok.

I know this has been discussed on here before, but I've tried all the suggestions and none helped. I'm just wondering -- do you think this is an issue with the iPod or the PDIM? I assume it's with the PDIM, so what's the word on getting an update to fix it? It's driving me nuts!!!
convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
Maybe you've already checked this, but are you sure the ID3 information in each mp3 is correct in your iTunes software? Garbage in - garbage out, you know. If you're using mp3s with poorly formed tags, the car will simply read the info it's given.

I have a huge library of mp3s (maybe 40,000 tracks) and many of the tags were crap. I found this software called TuneUp ( http://www.tuneupmedia.com/ ) and was astonished at the results. With a little time and patients, I cleaned up almost all my tags. I could accomplish in minutes with this software what would've taken me days or weeks to do by hand.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg View Post
Maybe you've already checked this, but are you sure the ID3 information in each mp3 is correct in your iTunes software? Garbage in - garbage out, you know. If you're using mp3s with poorly formed tags, the car will simply read the info it's given.

I have a huge library of mp3s (maybe 40,000 tracks) and many of the tags were crap. I found this software called TuneUp ( http://www.tuneupmedia.com/ ) and was astonished at the results. With a little time and patients, I cleaned up almost all my tags. I could accomplish in minutes with this software what would've taken me days or weeks to do by hand.
Yeah, my tags are clean. I ripped most from my own CD collection using EAC, with a few others purchased form iTunes.

I pretty sure it's software (PDIM, maybe iPod) wigging out because it's not consistent. For example, when I search by artist, the first few entries are blank, but if I click into one it shows the right artist name at the top of the screen, and if I go back then the artist names will show up correctly for a few rows, then back to random mix-ups. The same type of thing happens when clicking into an artist. At first the album names are replaced by artist names. But then when I click into an album and go back the album names are replaced by track names. I'm pretty sure if it was dirty MP3 tags it would at least be consistent...

Thanks for the thought though.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
try another ipod on the camaro to see if it does the same thing
Old 03-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
jontejera

Drives: 2LT RS Imperial Blue
Mine does the same crap with my iphone, it drives me nuts and the dealer seems to have no clue what I'm talking about. I have reset, restored, synced, everything you can consider and still the samething. Mine is also CC hardware and CE software, I guess just wait for a PDIM update. Hopefully it will cover ipods and iphones.
jontejera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
and you have CE at the moment?

Maybe it's a hardware issue? Is all of the hardware CC or is there also updated hardware?
Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #7
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontejera View Post
Mine does the same crap with my iphone, it drives me nuts and the dealer seems to have no clue what I'm talking about. I have reset, restored, synced, everything you can consider and still the samething.
My car does the same thing...and its sad cuz all the problems with the car the other members talk about my car does too...i think my cars a lemon...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:05 AM   #8
convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg View Post
and you have CE at the moment?

Maybe it's a hardware issue? Is all of the hardware CC or is there also updated hardware?
Mine came with CC hardware and CE software from the factory, so I assume there's no newer hardware, but I could be wrong. Mine was built last September.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #9
convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontejera View Post
Mine does the same crap with my iphone, it drives me nuts and the dealer seems to have no clue what I'm talking about. I have reset, restored, synced, everything you can consider and still the samething. Mine is also CC hardware and CE software, I guess just wait for a PDIM update. Hopefully it will cover ipods and iphones.
Yep, I'm waiting on a PDIM update too.

Hint, hint codeman!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 AM   #10
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Hey sorry guys! I've been really busy here at work and haven't had as much time to browse the forums as I would like to.

This issue seems to only occur with iPod Touch and iPhone. From what I heard from the software team a while back, the 3.0 firmware really slowed down the iPod Touch's communication over USB. I don't know if that is contributing to the errors in the menus or if there's another issue. This issue has been reported to the PDIM team, but I haven't heard an update from them, so I'll check again and see what I can find.

I think the suggestion from AdnanHfuda is a good one. If you happen to have another iPod, or even a USB stick, you could try those to see if it is any different. I would bet that it would work properly as these issues seem to be around the iPod Touch and iPhone.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
jontejera

Drives: 2LT RS Imperial Blue
tell them, fix it, geeettrrrrr dddooooonnnnneeee!!!!!!

thanks
jontejera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #12
convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Hey sorry guys! I've been really busy here at work and haven't had as much time to browse the forums as I would like to.

This issue seems to only occur with iPod Touch and iPhone. From what I heard from the software team a while back, the 3.0 firmware really slowed down the iPod Touch's communication over USB. I don't know if that is contributing to the errors in the menus or if there's another issue. This issue has been reported to the PDIM team, but I haven't heard an update from them, so I'll check again and see what I can find.

I think the suggestion from AdnanHfuda is a good one. If you happen to have another iPod, or even a USB stick, you could try those to see if it is any different. I would bet that it would work properly as these issues seem to be around the iPod Touch and iPhone.
Hey, thanks for the update. I don't have another iPod to try it with, but I was using a USB stick before my iPod Touch, and it didn't have the same problem (it had other shortcomings though, which is why I switched). An update would be awesome! I hoped that the new iPod firmware (3.1.3?) would help, but it didn't make a difference.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
BalloonPilotCamaroDriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have the same problem with my iPhone 3G, I tried friends phones and again, the same issue. I did try a regular iPod and of course it worked flawlessly. My iPhone used to work fine, so I would agree with Codeman that it has something to do with the iPhone's firmware update. Now we just need a solution to the problem.
BalloonPilotCamaroDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #14
DTM
DTMphotography

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
I have the same problem and it irritates me every single day, sometimes for no reason it just won't even load my iPhone into the CPU, I'd love for this to get resolved soon