Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 05-16-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Doom (2016)

Anyone pick this title up? So far the single player campaign has been a blast. The multiplayer beta turned me off, but I followed the OT and Doom threads on Neogaf. Lots of positive impressions so bought it over the weekend. I am very glad I did.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.

Last edited by GoldCartridgeGamer; 05-16-2016 at 04:19 PM.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:16 PM   #2
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
I'm pretty bored game wise right now - too many hours in BF4 and Destiny, COD sucks, and the division has turned me off with how broken things are...

So until Overwatch (which was a blast!) comes out is Doom worth the $60? It certainly looks cool, but I don't know...
Old 05-16-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I used to play the original Doom and Castle Wolfenstein on a 386DX if I recall correctly.

What platforms is the 2016 on?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:50 PM   #4
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
I'm pretty bored game wise right now - too many hours in BF4 and Destiny, COD sucks, and the division has turned me off with how broken things are...

So until Overwatch (which was a blast!) comes out is Doom worth the $60? It certainly looks cool, but I don't know...
I take breaks from Destiny so don't have that issue. I haven't enjoyed a BF since Bad Company series. CoD varies from release to release. Blops 3 is junk. Man the division never grabbed me and so many people dropped it. Glad I didn't jump on it.

Between the sp campaign and snapmap feature I think it is worth $60. I suggest watching some of the impression videos on youtube and streams on Twitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I used to play the original Doom and Castle Wolfenstein on a 386DX if I recall correctly.

What platforms is the 2016 on?
I remember the first Doom and Wolfenstein. Was a big fan. Loved the Wolfenstein game that came out recently from id Software. This new Doom is from them as well and a blast. Feels like a modern Doom game unlike that garbage from Doom 3. It is on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Thank you. I have a PC, but I don't like to game on it much. I have a PS3 that plays PS2 games as well, and she got me a PS4 for Christmas.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #6
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Playing the heck out of it on PC. You need a strong card to get it looking its best though.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:18 PM   #7
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Thank you. I have a PC, but I don't like to game on it much. I have a PS3 that plays PS2 games as well, and she got me a PS4 for Christmas.
No problem! My gaming PC is too old at this point to attempt to play newer games. I was a console gamer then a PC gamer and reverted back to console due to the convenience. My PS3 does that too and had PS4 since launch. This game is gorgeous for a console game and maintains almost near perfect 60 fps on the PS4. The Xbox one versions has more dips.

How to hug your camaro
Old 05-16-2016, 04:41 PM   #8
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Back in the day I had a PS2 and a XBox. I traded both for a new PS3. I never really liked the XBox. The PS4 looks amazing. Kind of sucks you have to pay for the PlayStation Network now.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #9
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Back in the day I had a PS2 and a XBox. I traded both for a new PS3. I never really liked the XBox. The PS4 looks amazing. Kind of sucks you have to pay for the PlayStation Network now.
I had the PS2 and Gamecube combo during that generation of home consoles. Never could get into the XBox, but enjoyed the 360 thoroughly until towards the end when things started shifting. I had the 360 and Wii at first then traded the Wii on a backwards compatible PS3. So that was my combo last generation of home consoles. This generation of home consoles the PS4 is the only one to truly grab me. The Xbox One needs an overhaul and the Wii U is dead. I'd like a Wii U, but not at the price Nintendo wants for it. Oh well, the NX will have plenty of new games and ports of Wii U games. Taking a wait and see on the NX though.
I don't mind paying for PSN because you get free games each month (first ones to do that), auto-downloads updates while in sleep mode, cloud backup storage, and the online is definitely improved since PS3. PS3 online play sucked compared to XBL.

How to hug your camaro
Old 05-20-2016, 11:40 AM   #10
Dizzy82

BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Old 05-22-2016, 01:34 PM   #11
Dizzy82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I'm picking it up for my Alienware PC. It would be my very first PC Game for my new Alienware and I think i'm making the right decision. I like mouse play a lot better then the console controllers!

As much as I love my XBOX ONE, I feel it would be a better investment to get the PC Version along with WARHAMMER as well. :>
What card are you running in the Alienware?
Old 05-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #12
WVracer

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3 M6 (Sold)
I beat it already, I was really bored after about 1/2 of the game though, really repetitive.
2011 IOM 2SS/RS LS3 M6- Injen CAI, TSP 1 7/8” headers, PTB, Hurst short throw, Corsa catback exhaust, 20" TSW Nurburgrings, BMR lower control arms, BMR tunnel brace, Hotchkis lowering springs. 3660lbs. Tuned by me (sold)

2010 RJT 1SS/RS LS3 M6- CAI, TSP 2” headers, TSP F-35 cam, PTB, Hurst short throw, Dronemaster catback, BMR lowering springs, Kirkey seats, 20”/18” Weld Belmonts, 3550lbs.
WVracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:05 PM   #13
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Thanks WV. That's a shame. I was looking forward to it.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #14
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
Im enjoying the hell out of it on my PS4, reminds me of playing Doom the first time, and getting to see everything new. Will I play through it a second time? Don't know, but its been a blast so far.