Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
c0rsa180

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Question isn't making money but the warranty on workmanship performed by the previous dealer. THEY have to stand behind their work and warranty it. If you had not had the repair done, the dealer you visited could and probably would have made the repair under the 12/12,000 adjustment or paint coverage.
This is what happens when people try to overcome profit and travel outside to buy vehicles. Honestly hope you saved enough on the pruchase to return to them for the paint work to be straightened out.
The issue isnt with the work that dealer did, it is a completely different area that was never touched

Inferno Orange Metallic
2SS
RS
M6
ordered 2/17/09
c0rsa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
So have you called the number I provided?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #17
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
What annoys me is it shouldn't matter. I work in retail and if a customer buys something from a different store (same company) I don't send them away I take care of them. Thats how you keep customers. Sometimes I know it's a total loss but as long as it wasn't clearly abused who cares. I'm glad I have a great dealer. They've been in business for decades and there's a reason why. Follow Number3's directions it will get fixed then fin another dealer this one doesn't deserve your business.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #18
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
This is what happens when people try to overcome profit and travel outside to buy vehicles. Honestly hope you saved enough on the pruchase to return to them for the paint work to be straightened out.
Yeah, heaven forbid somebody try to make thier money go the furthest it can in this market, or any market even.
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #19
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
What annoys me is it shouldn't matter. I work in retail and if a customer buys something from a different store (same company) I don't send them away I take care of them. Thats how you keep customers. Sometimes I know it's a total loss but as long as it wasn't clearly abused who cares. I'm glad I have a great dealer. They've been in business for decades and there's a reason why. Follow Number3's directions it will get fixed then fin another dealer this one doesn't deserve your business.

marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #20
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rsa180 View Post
The issue isnt with the work that dealer did, it is a completely different area that was never touched
Hey, your not paying attention here. Number 3 can help you. Call the number!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #21
kmthor00

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
I would have NEVER taken delivery of that car, sorry for the honest statement! now, call the number.
kmthor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #22
c0rsa180

Sorry it took me so long to reply I've been running around all day, I'm going to give the number a call in the morning because by the time I got around to trying the number it was past their business hours.

Thank you Number 3 your help to this site is priceless and your dedication to the GM brand is unrivaled

Inferno Orange Metallic
2SS
RS
M6
ordered 2/17/09
Old 11-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #23
c0rsa180

I contacted the number Number 3 provided and I must say they were extremely helpful and they are currently in the process of sorting this issue out.

My experience so far with GM's Customer Assistance Group has been great, I hope they can work this situation out.

Inferno Orange Metallic
2SS
RS
M6
ordered 2/17/09
Old 11-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #24
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Dealerships stand to make aloy of money in service work, I mean alot of money over the life of the car. Oil changes, 15000 mile services along with the other services they offer. I would never beg anyone to take my money, I would find someone who was glad to have the business even if it meant driving. While it may be true that they are "Pissy" about not selling the original car so what.

My suggestion is this, find someone who wants your money and go to them, even if it warranty work, then call GM and make a complaint about the service, attitude whatever the complaint is. While it may seem insignificant it actually may be alot of help. By itself it may have no merit in their eyes but collectively too many complaints raises red flags.

I'll give you an example, we had a GMC delaership in the town I live in, they changed ownership and they were a bunch of idiots acting like they were doing you a favor. They charged too much for service, and when it came to warranty work they charged GM but did not perform the work, just flashed the computer and cleared the codes. They would state that the items were covered under warranty but when you would arrive to pick-up your vehicle they would come up with some excuse and you would end up paying through the nose to get your vehicle back and they could have really cared less, well agter a year and a half and many filed complaints GM decided in the dealer closings that this dealership would close but would be allowed to sell off their inventory. 2 weeks ago there was 10 trucks loading vehicles because they could not sell a one. What goes around comes around
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #25
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rsa180 View Post
I contacted the number Number 3 provided and I must say they were extremely helpful and they are currently in the process of sorting this issue out.

My experience so far with GM's Customer Assistance Group has been great, I hope they can work this situation out.
Good to hear Number 3 is on the ball (though not in the same way as your avatar )
Old 11-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
c0rsa180

I was finally able to take a few pictures of the problem areas (some of the pictures are a bit blurry because it was difficult to get such close pictures). In these you can see the paint beginning to come off both sides of the bumper, and in the pictures of the front portion of the bumper, the areas that look as if there is a scratch is actually the clear not properly sanded...
Attached Images

Inferno Orange Metallic
2SS
RS
M6
ordered 2/17/09
Old 11-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #27
thomas granger
just awsome

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2 bumble bee
Send a message via Yahoo to thomas granger
car is covered by warrenty bumper to bumper dont matter what dealership you bought it from get your warrnty book call the toll free number tell them about the problem you are having and gm will make them take care of you dont matter where you bought it
thomas granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #28
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus24 View Post
Yeah, heaven forbid somebody try to make thier money go the furthest it can in this market, or any market even.
This dealer that is being discussed sold their Camaros at MSRP, I know this because I bought one of the first ones from there.

As for this paint issue, I agree its probably the GM paint defect. That said being that the bumper has visible shoddy paint work (sorry anyone who had the balls to deliver the car to you like that was sticking it up your back door with no lube), I wouldn't touch it either. Do you have any documentation it was repaired under warranty? How are they supposed to know 100% for sure the bumper was never removed when there is visible paint work on the car? They could end up on the hook for the cost to paint it again. It sounds to me more than likely your selling dealer damaged the car somehow and fixed it before you picked it up. Its on them at this point. Why did you travel so far to get the car?

Paul Conte Chevrolet Sales and Service has been nothing but good to me and anyone else I've sent there, your situation sucks I agree, but there is a point where GM ends and the independent business begins, and unfortunately your car is at that point and your selling dealer needs to fix what they may have done.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote