Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
PETRA
My Addiction

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS DropTop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
but still nice don't flame me i bleed bowties *cuts wrist* see....im feeling lightheaded
LOL that made me laugh
You sound like my wife...at first she was.........but after a few rides in it and seeing me giggle lik a schoolgirl she was more like ............but then when I told her we could get her Vert lowered to match my stance she was like so it all worked out.
PETRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #16
Purdue2011SS
Boiler Up!! POTFH

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
although nice, i'd still take a camaro
Old 07-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #17
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Sounds great. Still ugly though. I really wish the stock SS at least had that volume level.

Also, 500th post. w00t!!
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #18
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaron View Post
This means the new Z28 is not far behind, mark my word.
Ummmmmm a member posts a picture from a gas stop and you come to that conclusion how?????

I do hope your are correct though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
I've sat in one.... nothing impressive, a lot of cheap plastic.... and
"eat camaros"???? Really, its 440hp??.... its a 5.0 with a few extras.... it might actually hang with the Camaro

Sent from my EVO 4G
Don't go into the Z28 thread with that.........................you'll be eaten............................simply for a snack
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #19
OCD

Drives: 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Not to make this a camaro vs. mustang thing, but I have noticed that when I toss a compliment towards a mustang driver they rarely do the same back, unlike challenger people, who always seem to be gracious.
They're just cranky because they've been dethroned.
OCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #20
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Did it have any sort of special plate on it? I remember when I was down in Michigan, around 2003 ish I saw the new style (at the time) Corvette camouflaged and had a different plate on it. Not sure if that's standard practice for test cars but I've only ever seen one.

Can't see the vid as I'm at work

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #21
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
"eat camaros"???? Really, its 440hp??.... its a 5.0 with a few extras.... it might actually hang with the Camaro

Sent from my EVO 4G
Yeah just a few extra's. and for whopping $41k

A unique “Runners-in-the-box” intake manifold ensures exceptional air flow and engine breathing beyond 8,000rpm.

Boss-specific high-strength aluminum cylinder heads with precisely machined CNC'd ports enhance high-RPM airflow without sacrificing low-speed torque.

Boss 302 features forged aluminum pistons and upgraded sinter-forged connecting rods.

A forged-steel crankshaft with race-specification main and rod bearings delivers exceptional high-speed durability and smooth performance across the entire RPM range.

A Torsen limited-slip differential features high-strength carbon plates delivers the 444 horsepower and 380 lb-ft torque to a standard 3.73 ratio rear axle.

The suspension features higher-rate coil springs and bushings at all four corners, individually adjustable front struts and rear shocks, and larger, stiffer anti-sway bars, allowing the Boss 302 to pull 1.0g on the skid pad.

Sticky Pirelli PZero tires, 255/40ZR-19 front and 285/35ZR-19 rear, are wrapped around lightweight 19″ racing wheels.

A heavy-duty flywheel and clutch assembly uses upgraded high-friction materials to transmit all 444 horsepower and 380 lb-ft torque.

Recaro seats were designed by Ford SVT in cooperation with Recaro exclusively for high-performance Mustang models. These eats are shared only between the Boss 302 and the Shelby GT500.

The Boss 302′s unique steering wheel is completely covered in supple Alcantara suede. The track-tuned speed-sensitive electronic steering system is also specially calibrated to maximize feedback and road feel to the driver.

Plus all the other cool features like the quad exhaust, track key, specific cam shafts, 8,000rpm+ redline, rear seat delete, front splitter, launch control and close to 500 crank hp. There is a lot more I'm leaving out but hopefully you get the idea that its not just so much 440hp 5.0L with a few extras but more like a 500hp street legal race car that even runs mid 11's on dr's.

Last edited by BigDan; 07-12-2011 at 10:53 PM.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #22
coolman

Great car except for the awful stripe package.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #23
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Did it have any sort of special plate on it? I remember when I was down in Michigan, around 2003 ish I saw the new style (at the time) Corvette camouflaged and had a different plate on it. Not sure if that's standard practice for test cars but I've only ever seen one.

Can't see the vid as I'm at work
It's hard to see, but it looks like it has a manufacturers plate on it. I didn't think to look.

Where I live, I see camouflaged cars all the time, but never a car like this. About a half a mile away from where I live is the testing area (I'm pretty sure) and i see all kinds of Mustangs going in and out of there with cameras and equipment on the inside for testing.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #24
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
You own a Camaro, right? Pot, meet kettle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWProductions View Post
It's hard to see, but it looks like it has a manufacturers plate on it. I didn't think to look.

Where I live, I see camouflaged cars all the time, but never a car like this. About a half a mile away from where I live is the testing area (I'm pretty sure) and i see all kinds of Mustangs going in and out of there with cameras and equipment on the inside for testing.
I don't understand. 2012 Boss 302's [the car we are discussing] can be purchased now and, as far as I know, they may not even make the Boss in 2013. Maybe this proves they will.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #25
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
That was uuuuugly.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #26
BWProductions
StormTrooper

@BigDan, I understand where you're coming from. I like the car and all the extras are great. We're all car guys (and girls) here, some like it some don't, that's life. I personally like this car and I didn't know about those things that you posted.

@tooslow, From what the guy said, this was a 2013 being tested.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #27
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Uh, okay. Never said it was not a 2013 being tested. But it is no different than the 2012 Boss 302 in appearance was the point I was making.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #28
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Uh, okay. Never said it was not a 2013 being tested. But it is no different than the 2012 Boss 302 in appearance was the point I was making.
Ok, I just wanted to point out that it was a 2013, no harm done.