Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #85
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston 5 camaro View Post
Wow, after reading what people are saying I'm thinking of canceling my app to have them install retros in my car now at the new houston store. This all sounds so terrible!
That would probably be the best way.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #86
Shazam613

Drives: Ordered 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
Are the bulbs still siliconed underneath?
I'm out of town now but should return this weekend. I'll see if i can remove the rubber housing and take more pics

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #87
Shazam613

Drives: Ordered 2010 Camaro 2LT
sorry about the delay all...work has picked up like crazy.....got a chance to open one of the rubber housing and I see a clip. Pic below:

Name:  2012-12-29 07.14.02.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  169.1 KB

Name:  2012-12-29 07.15.03.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  207.0 KB
Old 01-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #88
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssBumbleBee View Post
That price included shipping to Canada, import duties, brokerage fees and the conversion rate at the time. I also ordered two pairs of the 5202 plasma bulbs (one pair for the Camaro and one pair for my Jeep) which ended up being about 1/3 as bright as the 5202 bulbs I just got from Gen5DIY.

Like I said before, if I knew then what I know now...
I guess you also learned not to use UPS to Canada ever again, as they are the only ones that I know of, that charge astronomical brokerage fees to Canada from USA. First off, these parts are assembled in USA, so under Nafta, you should be paying no "duties" but only taxes. No different than anyone else elsewhere.

I'm only writing this because they give shipping to us a bad rap, and people get scared silly, almost frightened really, to buy and ship to Canada.

FedEx Express(not Ground!) charges a flat rate $10 brokerage, regardless of declared amount on package. Ditto for DHL.

USPS is cheapest, no extra measly $10 to pay, but their service is slooooow.

I've learned the ins and outs of shipping from USA, nice n cheap, it's practically my hobby now .

Thank you for sharing by the way the experience you had with this vendor, good to know.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #89
BadAssBumbleBee

Drives: 2010 Callaway SC572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
I guess you also learned not to use UPS to Canada ever again, as they are the only ones that I know of, that charge astronomical brokerage fees to Canada from USA. First off, these parts are assembled in USA, so under Nafta, you should be paying no "duties" but only taxes. No different than anyone else elsewhere.

I'm only writing this because they give shipping to us a bad rap, and people get scared silly, almost frightened really, to buy and ship to Canada.

FedEx Express(not Ground!) charges a flat rate $10 brokerage, regardless of declared amount on package. Ditto for DHL.

USPS is cheapest, no extra measly $10 to pay, but their service is slooooow.

I've learned the ins and outs of shipping from USA, nice n cheap, it's practically my hobby now .

Thank you for sharing by the way the experience you had with this vendor, good to know.

Unfortunately, AAC only uses UPS for large packages like the one the headlights came in.

In all honesty, if the vendor/seller does some homework they can usually set up an excellent shipping agreement with UPS.

I purchased 5 17x8 wheels and 5 285/70/17 BFG KM2's for my Jeep from Tire Rack. The total weight for the shipment was just under 500 lbs., declared value was $2500.....I paid a total of $50.00 in duties because of the arrangement that Tire Rack has with UPS.

Like I said earlier, live and learn......no more AAC for me!
BadAssBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, hid retrofit