Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #15
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
If the Zxx comes in the second year it'll be coming here in our "first" year - so that'll be in garage... I'm hoping the delay for it hitting the UK will give Chevy the time to develop and announce it
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
SWEET! I can't wait to drive one. Who knows, maybe I won't have a feeling of the need for a Z28 or the like... No, that's not true, but I still can't wait for what GM gives us. I have high confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm glad I'll be saving up for a while. Feel free the PM me about what boxes I'll need to check to get the 1LE. (Keep the 1LE as a secret option. It'll be more fun that way and only enthusiasts will order it.)
+1 Wouldn't it be cool to be able to add that sort of option to all the models? A V6 with 1LE would be very sweet too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
thats what it should say

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
LOL,

+1
:seesaw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSHugger View Post
Cool, someone else using the ZXX! As with many others on this forum, I agree that GM is working on the next iteration of the Camaro but is keeping its eye on a few market factors and when the time is right will let the beast out of the cage... and I will be there with open arms to take her home and unleash the fury on the unsuspecting.

Weight is something GM has tried to keep down but with the new regs it is what it is. When the Mustang comes out with their redesign you will find its curb weight increasing also. The only negative comments (SS vs RS bumpers don't count) I have heard about the Camaro have come from Dale Jr who was driving and early IVER, even before they had gone to the 'Ring for tuning. Would be interesting to hear his comments now.
I must've missed that he drove it before the 'Ring. That would absolutely be interesting what he has to say now. I wonder if GM is done with tuning at the 'Ring and if that ~8:20 is the best time they have for the time being.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #17
ckellyme3

Drives: 1986 IROC 406 stroker
At this point it really doenst matter to me becuase I cant afford one for at least 2 years. I'll start worrying then if there is still no offical word on the z28. My worst fear is buying a SS, putting all the money i plan on putting into my dream camaro and then 6 months to a year later all the sudden BAM z28!!
ckellyme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
I think that the team would have to choose between giving us either the Z or the secret 1LE. So if this ends up the case I take the Z over anything.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #19
bigralph

Drives: 2001 v6 Camaro
Would the SS have enough pace under the hood to drop in a KB supercharger?
bigralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #20
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey, I got another question for Fbod.

I've talked to a bunch of dealers around my hometown and have been told the ship date has been pushed back till September of next year. Is this true?
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:42 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Nope. But I can't answer for him. Could you imagine what would happen if GM waited till Sept to ship??
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:35 AM   #22
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
^ There wouldn't be enough suburbans to contain us all!
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote