Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Question Any of you guys have a HDTV?

I just got my first one this week

32" Vizio for my bedroom, it is replacing the 27" Toshiba I have had since mid 90s. The Toshiba is being retired to the guest bedroom in the lower level. It goes up to 720p or 1080i depending on the video source (1080i and 720p are almost exactly the same). Man this thing has hookups up the wazoo!

2 HDMI jacks
2 sets of Component video (red/blue/green)
a RGB jack (for plugging my computer or my 360 with its VGA cable) with audio input.
a SVHS input
a Composite video input (old style yellow one)
a RF input for the cable
and for outputs, it has choice of analog out (red/white) or optical out.

right now I have my 360 hooked up to it besides my DVD player the 360 is the only device i have that looks good on a HDTV . I cannot belive i waited this long to get one. if you want a decent HDTV for the cash get a Vizio, I only paid 529 for mine .

What HDTV or TVs do you have?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
What does HDTV have to do with Camaro other than the comercials will probably look goog? BTW, I have 42" LG that is wonderful to watch but I'm not putting in my Camaro.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 AM   #3
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Nice!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
I want to put my 32 " vizio in my Camaro, I can film the road and play it in HD while driving, should make it faster....

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
I just got my first one this week

32" Vizio for my bedroom, it is replacing the 27" Toshiba I have had since mid 90s. The Toshiba is being retired to the guest bedroom in the lower level. It goes up to 720p or 1080i depending on the video source (1080i and 720p are almost exactly the same). Man this thing has hookups up the wazoo!

2 HDMI jacks
2 sets of Component video (red/blue/green)
a RGB jack (for plugging my computer or my 360 with its VGA cable) with audio input.
a SVHS input
a Composite video input (old style yellow one)
a RF input for the cable
and for outputs, it has choice of analog out (red/white) or optical out.

right now I have my 360 hooked up to it besides my DVD player the 360 is the only device i have that looks good on a HDTV . I cannot belive i waited this long to get one. if you want a decent HDTV for the cash get a Vizio, I only paid 529 for mine .

What HDTV or TVs do you have?
DUDE I have the same one in my room. Is yours wall mounted or on the stand??

BTW how much you pay for yours

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:08 AM   #6
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs up

mine is on the stand that came with it and in the original post I said I paid 529 for it, was 629 .
Old 08-27-2008, 01:35 AM   #7
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
I have a INFOCUS in76 HD projector running on a 130 inch screen down stairs in my home theater room I play XBOX 360 ELITE on it , my fav game is CALL OF DUTY 4 my gamertag is GLADIATORO if anyone is playing on XBOX LIVE look me up , I also love it for MOVIES plus I have a HDTV TIVO SATELLITE box hocked up to it , I run HDMI for all my inputs plus I have a HARMAN KARDON RECEIVER running the works , let me tell you it is AWESOME just like having a movie theater at home , the projetor only cost me around 2 grand less than a decent 52 inch HDTV LCD or PLASMA and its WAY BIGGER this is my second projector the first one wasn't HD would recommend INFOCUS PROJECTORS to anyone just make shure you got the room for the screen lol...

Last edited by gladiatoro; 08-28-2008 at 10:29 AM.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:11 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Have a 42" Samsung plasma 1080i in the living room. Want to get a 37 or so for the bedroom 1080p LCD.

Either that, or move the Samsung into the bedroom and get a larger 48" or so LCD 1080p for the livingroom.

Don't know yet. But, I did just buy one BADASS Yamaha receiver today...7.1 surround 95 watts per channel. MAN is this thing incredible! Watched the beginning of transformers and both my wife and I were blown away by the difference between this and the old receiver.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:23 AM   #9
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
50" Sony SXRD 1080P in my bedroom, and a Panasonic HD Projector with a Carada 118" Fixed screen in my big theater. All HD. Plus all the other game systems. Bowling on Wii is a blast.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:38 AM   #10
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
HDTV's are sweet, networks still got a long way to go as far as all the movies and tv shows that are on.

A regular channel (non hd) looks terrible on my tv, I've been told it's due to the size of the tv.

I've got a 46 inch Mitsubishi Diamond LCD, beautiful movies in Blu-Ray at 1080p through my PS3 and you should see the graphics on some of the games. But when it comes to hooking up our old DVR, it looks crappy

If you stick to 37 inches or below in tv size, some of the older non hd stuff doesn't look as bad I heard.

It's 4 fat guys in a Geo up a hill, we can't go any faster!!
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:59 AM   #11
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
58" Panasonic Viera plasma in the family room
42" LG LCD in the Master Bedroom
37" Daytek LCD in basement for My Xbox 360
32" Viewsonic LCD in basement for Son's Xbox 360

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:32 AM   #12
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrollcali87 View Post
HDTV's are sweet, networks still got a long way to go as far as all the movies and tv shows that are on.

A regular channel (non hd) looks terrible on my tv, I've been told it's due to the size of the tv.

I've got a 46 inch Mitsubishi Diamond LCD, beautiful movies in Blu-Ray at 1080p through my PS3 and you should see the graphics on some of the games. But when it comes to hooking up our old DVR, it looks crappy

If you stick to 37 inches or below in tv size, some of the older non hd stuff doesn't look as bad I heard.
Righto on that. The bigger the screen size the worse the analog and digital cable looks. Although the digital cable is better than analog. The good thing is the bigger the screen the further back you can get and it starts looking better. I have had to go to peoples house after they get a HDtv and try and fix it for them. When I get there I say here is your problem, and I hold the coax cable up and give them the bad news. I was in Best Buy one day and had to explain to a customer what they needed to get the HD on the TV. The sales guy was clueless. He thought it all came with the TV. Heck he should have given me part of the commision since I uped his sale for him. And come to think of it Time Warner owes me also since I have sent many people to them to get the HD boxes. Damn I gotta start chargin for this stuff.
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:43 AM   #13
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Have a 42" Samsung plasma 1080i in the living room. Want to get a 37 or so for the bedroom 1080p LCD.

Either that, or move the Samsung into the bedroom and get a larger 48" or so LCD 1080p for the livingroom.

Don't know yet. But, I did just buy one BADASS Yamaha receiver today...7.1 surround 95 watts per channel. MAN is this thing incredible! Watched the beginning of transformers and both my wife and I were blown away by the difference between this and the old receiver.
Same here, luv the Samsungs and ya can't beat the picture quality.
Got a good deal on mine as it was the last one in stock (Samsung 42" Plasma and wall mount) and I got it at my friends employee price plus being on sale for a grand total of $600.00 (no tax in Oregon). ")
Old 08-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #14
diddiyo

Drives: .
Yes, Some SHarp 32", don't remember the exact model. But I don't have the regular HD channels I just use the HDMI port for the Xbox360... which btw I haven't touched in a month or so. Might as well sell it.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote