Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #85
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post
How does the car feel compared to stock? Bet you butt dyno can feel the difference.
Also, why did you not have the blower ported? From info i have seen, blower cars really benifit from removing intake restrictions. Nice build and cant wait to see what kind of times it runs!
I was told i wouldnt get very much more from porting the blower, but i am truly considering it now, because i am told that i am out of air and i cannot get anymore. So i am now very interested. Also, i was considering porting the heads, and getting new cams, so i was thinking i would port the blower and snout then if i do it. But right now, im going to enjoy it the way it is for a while. And my guess is just cause ive tracked it on the dragstrip several times before this last round of mods and tracked it on the Mondo track at Firebird that its trap speed is probably close to 126ish right now, just judging from what i feel driving it since Friday. But. i dont know, im a plumber, like you said. I will post all my results i get though.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #86
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning

Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Actually he is a really nice guy and was just making a little light hearted comment using your logic.
Aw Dan you embarrass me . . . Yes I was being light hearted and some what smart a$$ed . . it's in my DNA.

I understand "where" the 28% loss formula you quote comes from . . BUT that is taking GM's rating of 580 at the crank for 100% value . . BUT do we know for sure how the engine is configured by GM to get 580 crank HP? . . what belt driven accessories are on the test engine? . . exhaust? . . intake? . .

I am pleased as punch my car makes 549 RWHP on XYZ's dyno . . and that is all I will ever quote . . . until my engine is pulled out of my car and bench dyno'd it is literally a sophisticated wild a$$ guess of what the crank HP is . . . you can Google dyno questions till the cows come home. It is a % is it a flat rate . . is it this or that . .

The ONLY car I have that I know both the FWHP and RWHP on is my 1997 LT4 SS which SLP did both dynos on . .

I concur on this though . . the car is awesome, and I know you will have many many miles of smiles in it, just as I will in mine.
THR ZL1 #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #87
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Is there is 28% driveline loss on a manual, then I must have 35% driveline loss on my automatic camaro, which means I must be making 813 rwhp! No.
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #88
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429 View Post
Is there is 28% driveline loss on a manual, then I must have 35% driveline loss on my automatic camaro, which means I must be making 813 rwhp! No.
Hey 429...we are all retards..... Remember. Anyway, i better get out of this thread or i will receive another PM warning me to stay out....oh, and being called a dumbass

Hey Plumber, in all seriousness. It sounds like you have a plan to take it to another dyno which is not broke, or the operator knows what he is doing.

You do have a beast underway and i predict with your mods a 600 or so rwhp maybe north of there and about 710 to the back of the motor.

good luck....and dont call me a dumbass!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote