Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
NJ-JRS
C5

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Red accents on Black
Looking for new filter for my CAI; recommendations?

Hi Guys...first two paragraphs havesome background info with the problem, jump to third paragraph if you want to get to the point .

I have a Roto-Fab intake system on my car and I'm looking to get a new (oiled) filter for it. I don't know what it is, but I've just been having too many problems with it. Last summer I started with their dry filter and the initial throttle response was non-existant so they sent me an oiled filter to try. It was much better and more responsive.

I re-oiled it recently after it started feeling sluggish after the winter and my MPG dropped drastically. I tried re-oiling again with less oil and the problem still existed. I went back and tried a dry filter and the MPG was better, but still had the problem of the lack of responsiveness. So far I can't seem to get back to the responsiveness/power of when I first got their oil filter last summer, so I'm looking to try something new.

Anyone have a recommendation for an oiled filter that will fit with the Roto-Fab setup (not sure if CAI setups are universal for sizing??) and is known for good air flow for responsiveness/power?

Thanks guys.
NJ-JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
rsv07

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-JRS View Post
Hi Guys...first two paragraphs havesome background info with the problem, jump to third paragraph if you want to get to the point .

I have a Roto-Fab intake system on my car and I'm looking to get a new (oiled) filter for it. I don't know what it is, but I've just been having too many problems with it. Last summer I started with their dry filter and the initial throttle response was non-existant so they sent me an oiled filter to try. It was much better and more responsive.

I re-oiled it recently after it started feeling sluggish after the winter and my MPG dropped drastically. I tried re-oiling again with less oil and the problem still existed. I went back and tried a dry filter and the MPG was better, but still had the problem of the lack of responsiveness. So far I can't seem to get back to the responsiveness/power of when I first got their oil filter last summer, so I'm looking to try something new.

Anyone have a recommendation for an oiled filter that will fit with the Roto-Fab setup (not sure if CAI setups are universal for sizing??) and is known for good air flow for responsiveness/power?

Thanks guys.
Did you clean your MAF sensor after you recharged the filter?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
NJ-JRS
C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv07 View Post
Did you clean your MAF sensor after you recharged the filter?
Yes sir.

Also tried fuse pulls for the ECU as well.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Are you sure you have just not gotten used to the power. My car used to feel faster than it does now, but still puts down the same power. Also gas mileage will change from summer to winter.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
NJ-JRS
C5

Hi Tyler,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
Are you sure you have just not gotten used to the power.
I don't think that's the case since the car still performs the same as it used to with the dry filter, and about same mpg, which was average. Originally the oil filter performed above average, so better than the dry. Now it seems to perform below average, worse than the dry filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
Also gas mileage will change from summer to winter.
I don't drive it in the winter so I'm comparing summer to summer.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
i dont know try that weapon r filter they say it flows better than K&N..they have all sorts of sizes ..But i dont think anyone on here has tried it out
Old 06-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Take measurements of the filter and see what S&B has to offer:

http://www.sbfilters.com/Store/Round-w-Flange

I was able to find an S&B brand suitable replacement for the Halltech intakes... Don't have a roto-fab filter, so I can't check for you. If you find something, let me know, I am an S&B dealer.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote