Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #29
Toross

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe
At this point u have already overpaid and to pay more would b an even bigger mistake. I would not advice listening to previous posts telling u to stick with that price. It's not a matter of what u paid vs others it's fact that that's well above msrp with no options.

As long as u didn't lie on ur application then there is no reason y ur rate should change 2 days later. U can't change anything on a binding contract once it's signed. U would have been approved and had ur rate locked in before u could take the car.

I say take it back. There r plenty of other dealers and Camaros out there with out the hassle.
Toross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #30
kmmink

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS/GFX CRT/Beige A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
Sorry to hear you are going through this. This purchase should be one of the best experiences you will have. List price without automatic would be right at $27,000 for a 2013 1LT (certain colors of paint cost slightly more). How did they get it up to $29,650? Auto trany and paint upgrade could get you up to $28,320 list price. What is the list price on your window sticker? What kind of car (year, miles, equipment and condition) did you trade in?

Dealers manipulate list price, invoice values, trade in values and financing all of the time. Its a shell game. .
1LT Base Invoice = $24,730
6 Speed Auto Invoice = $1,043
Destination = $900
Total = $26,673
kmmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #31
ArianaMangum

Drives: LT
The actual price I paid for the car was 27,230...the rest was in taxes and what not(I do live in CA). I just called the dealership and spoke to a manager and was demanding to bring the car back, blah, blah....and now they are telling me that my contract says I can't bring it back!! They said they are going to just finance the rest of the money. What a run around they have given me...first they said they are taking the car...now I can't give even give them the car...I told them that I'm calling Chevrolet tomorrow. I gotta break out my big guns!
ArianaMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #32
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Give 'em hell girl! Oh and you can give it back, aren't they in that "if you're not satisfied for any reason, you can bring it back" campaign. What a crock of shit that Finance manager is over there. Some of the worst people to deal with at a dealership.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #33
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Heck your in Newport which is pretty close. I'll take my 6'6" 310lb self in there and get this straightened out for you REAL quick!
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #34
kmmink

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS/GFX CRT/Beige A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaMangum View Post
The actual price I paid for the car was 27,230...the rest was in taxes and what not(I do live in CA). I just called the dealership and spoke to a manager and was demanding to bring the car back, blah, blah....and now they are telling me that my contract says I can't bring it back!! They said they are going to just finance the rest of the money. What a run around they have given me...first they said they are taking the car...now I can't give even give them the car...I told them that I'm calling Chevrolet tomorrow. I gotta break out my big guns!
Is it a manual or automatic? Also, what is the exterior color?
kmmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #35
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
You paid a little much IMO. If you pay 28/29 for a 2lt/rs it wouldn't have been that bad of a deal. Maybe post pics of the vehicle?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #36
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Heck your in Newport which is pretty close. I'll take my 6'6" 310lb self in there and get this straightened out for you REAL quick!
Sounds like a good idea until you get tazed and taken to jail and then she has to pay more money to bail you out.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #37
SS King

Drives: a Panty Dropper
This is typical of any dealer to get more cash out of you. You tell them that your bringing the car back and to have your cash and your trade in ready for you when you get there. Trust me they will jump! By law if they can not abide by the original contract you signed they have to give you your car back and your money. Do not give them ANY MORE MONEY or sign ANYTHING else! Tell them that your not going to sign a damn thing. They do not want the car back this is just a ploy to get more out of you since you overpaid in the first place. Just play it cool when they call you again and tell them that you would be more then happy to bring the car back- But like i said don't give them any more cash or sign anything else that differs from the original contract!

I have bought so many cars that i have lost count and have ran into this situation on more then one occasion and never have i had them tell me in the end to bring the car back. After telling them to go kick sand in so many words they will give in.

BTW i payed 29k for my SS so your paying to much IMO but then again yours is a 13
Old 08-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #38
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS King View Post
This is typical of any dealer to get more cash out of you. You tell them that your bringing the car back and to have your cash and your trade in ready for you when you get there. Trust me they will jump! By law if they can not abide by the original contract you signed they have to give you your car back and your money. Do not give them ANY MORE MONEY or sign ANYTHING else! Tell them that your not going to sign a damn thing. They do not want the car back this is just a ploy to get more out of you since you overpaid in the first place.
I would agree with this guy, because #1 - you are the customer and the Finance manager is playing games with you and the customer is always right.
#2 - for all of this aggravation, I would return it just because of this "heist" they are trying to impart on you, and you will be better prepared at the next place you get a car.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #39
FresnoStateDogs

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
She didn't ask if she got a good deal, she asked for what the plan should be now that the car has been purchased. You guys don't have to pounce on her because she didn't get as good of a deal as you did.

Spiral Ported TB, K&N Typhoon, JBA Performance Cat-back, RX catch can and Oil Breather.
FresnoStateDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #40
Bad@ssCamaro

From Ariana's post - Today, Monday, the lady from finance calls me and says that they could not match the rate I signed for and that I would need to bring in a check from my credit union. I told her that I was only approved for 24k with the credit union and she said I would need the rest in cash($650).

This is the finance manager tactic of adding an extra points to the rate that was quoted and signed for. Totally unacceptable.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #41
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
org Poster YOu can take the car back.

http://www.chevrolet.com/confidence/conditions/

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #42
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Take the car back immediately and tell them to pound sand. Since the credit union decided not to finance you, any contact is null and void anyway with them, and that for starters. Call the BBB and explain it to them, California has some very strict laws regarding these type of buisness practices. A lot of times, a dealership will tell you your approved when you really not. What they are trying to do is have you go through their financing and jack up your interest rate when they "discover" you can get instant approval through them. Some really slimy dealers will actually work with other finanical institutions to promote this practice of approving then denying just to make a quick buck....bastards...

I agree that 29K is way too high, even with the high taxes in California. Unless you are dead set on a 13, there are plenty of brand new 2012's ethical dealerships are trying to get rid of that are under MSRP.
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote