Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #617
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imjaybird View Post
So I just got back from my dealer and they had no clue what I was talking about for the PDIM update. They basicly said unless they see a bulletin or a recall that I would have to pay for it. I showed them a print out of the TIS2WEB and he had never seen anything like it before. Said he would do some asking around and get back with me, chances are I'll be calling them first. Any advice?
Almost same scenario with me, guy didnt know what i was talking about, but they ordered me a new module anyway, free of charge. I would try going to another dealer if they try making you pay for something under warranty and out of your control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Will this update fix the random skip issue I'm getting now? I'll be listening to a song and I get random breaks, almost like it paused briefly. Reminds me of the old days of crappy scratched records or bad needles on the player.
Hopefully it does.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #618
Imjaybird

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
When I go to the TIS site what are all the other part numbers for under the PDIM. It seems they all have some kind of improvement over what I have now. Which one is the latest?
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #619
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
When I go to the TIS site what are all the other part numbers for under the PDIM. It seems they all have some kind of improvement over what I have now. Which one is the latest?
Not sure. One would assume the one with the highest number but I'm not sure that's the case.

Try this route with them... Open up your manual, point to where it says it can index 10,000 songs (don't remember the page but it's in with the PDIM stuff). Explain to him that it stops at 2,500 songs and that your PDIM is broken and they need to order you a replacement to fix it. Or just tell them that the USB randomly freezes and you know it's not your devices fault as it happens with lots of stuff. They should replace the unit.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #620
x7productions
x7productions.com

Drives: 2010 BMW E92 3-Series Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to x7productions
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Will this update fix the random skip issue I'm getting now? I'll be listening to a song and I get random breaks, almost like it paused briefly. Reminds me of the old days of crappy scratched records or bad needles on the player.
I got a similar issue, but a little bit different. When listening to anything via USB or the AUX connection, the audio will just cut out randomly and stop playing, I then hit the CD/AUX button, it switches to CD, I then hit it again, and it switches back to AUX and then it works fine lol.

Same thing for USB. When it cuts out, I switch to FM or CD or AUX, then switch back to USB and it works again.

Go like our Facebook Fan Page!
http://facebook.com/x7productions/
x7productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #621
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x7productions View Post
I got a similar issue, but a little bit different. When listening to anything via USB or the AUX connection, the audio will just cut out randomly and stop playing, I then hit the CD/AUX button, it switches to CD, I then hit it again, and it switches back to AUX and then it works fine lol.

Same thing for USB. When it cuts out, I switch to FM or CD or AUX, then switch back to USB and it works again.

My issue only last's for about 1 second. Completely random and annoying.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #622
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
i was just in my dealer cause my usb crackels bad at some times, i actually had it where i was close to the dealer, i told him its the pdim module he was like oh it sounds like a bad connection i need to leave the car for a day for them to throw things at it, and hope to fix it. i think i might just change the pdim my self
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #623
Justinbattle

Drives: Summit White 2SS/RS
Quote:
So I just got back from my dealer and they had no clue what I was talking about for the PDIM update. They basicly said unless they see a bulletin or a recall that I would have to pay for it. I showed them a print out of the TIS2WEB and he had never seen anything like it before. Said he would do some asking around and get back with me, chances are I'll be calling them first. Any advice?
I spoke to a GM stereo engineer at an event a few months ago and told him about all the problems I have been having. I have kept contact with him and a few days ago he sent me an email and told me the new parts have been released and the new software is there too. He also said that the parts are just now trickling into the service departments, so they might not be aware of the new PDIM numbers yet. They are going to send out a service bulletin sometime shortly.
Justinbattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #624
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinbattle View Post
I spoke to a GM stereo engineer at an event a few months ago and told him about all the problems I have been having. I have kept contact with him and a few days ago he sent me an email and told me the new parts have been released and the new software is there too. He also said that the parts are just now trickling into the service departments, so they might not be aware of the new PDIM numbers yet. They are going to send out a service bulletin sometime shortly.
I sure hope so. ive been in and out of my dealership, and whats sad is that im able to provide more information than they can. They did tell me that they were going to call GM and make some inquiries as to what they need to fix it. Hopefully we see a bulletin soon.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:03 AM   #625
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinbattle;
Would you mind asking your engineering friend if he could share the parts numbers which were upgraded? The TIS website doesn't make it easy to figure out...
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:57 AM   #626
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
I think ill stick with the old version it works for me and I use a iPod touch to play my music with no issues. Hope u guys get upgraded for the USB recognition. Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #627
Imjaybird

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lade View Post
Would you mind asking your engineering friend if he could share the parts numbers which were upgraded? The TIS website doesn't make it easy to figure out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I sure hope so. ive been in and out of my dealership, and whats sad is that im able to provide more information than they can. They did tell me that they were going to call GM and make some inquiries as to what they need to fix it. Hopefully we see a bulletin soon.
I have been to two major dealers in town and one had no idea wht the TIS site was and they both told me they will not ever do any warranty work without a servive bulletin or a recall letter. Guess I'll have to wait...
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #628
x7productions
x7productions.com

Drives: 2010 BMW E92 3-Series Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to x7productions
I dropped my car off at the dealer (John L Sullivan - Roseville, CA) the other day because of my pops with the AUX port and my rear parking sensors not working, they said they couldn't replicate the problem... BUT they then told me that GM had updates for both issues and would update the main computer or something along those lines. Interesting.

Go like our Facebook Fan Page!
http://facebook.com/x7productions/
x7productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #629
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I got the new software done today and it seems to have helped the skipping issue when my iPhone 4 is playing music. I'll listen for a few more days and see if I notice anything at all.

Is it me or did the software update improve the sound quality of the music played when my iPhone is plugged into the USB? It sounds like they are letting the high bitrate songs play at full quality now.
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #630
spurscar

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS A6
Does anyone know if the latest software addresses the USB input not remembering
Random Shuffle after the car is turned off?