Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #15
CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Black
Where would I unplug the light? Is it difficult to get too?
CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #16
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya View Post
Where would I unplug the light? Is it difficult to get too?
It's not as easy as it sounds. I added a flashing module to my 3rd brake light when i had my LT. The 3rd brake light has a connection that you just disconnect. The hardest part is getting to it.

It is time consuming and you always take a chance on breaking something because all the parts are plastic with plastic tabs. It can be done but be very careful when doing so.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #17
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Having the two lights with the brake lights sure would let people know you are hitting your brakes!! Heheh. I probably will leave my window light installed when I get my high wing installed. I like the idea of the extra brake light. My rear window is tinted already over that light and that should be enough for me.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #18
CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya

Yea I guess it isn't such a bad thing to have. Well I know I'm getting m window tints soon so that should make it a little dimmer. Trying to unplug it seems like it will be a little too time consuming for such a small problem. I'll just suck it up and give the mustangs an extra light to look at. Lol. Jk. But seriously
CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
redjerry

Drives: 2012 2SS/LS3
just unplug it dude. mine bothered me for about two months. i wanted my windows tinted, but didn't want the one in the window to have a dim look. (like you are thinking about living with-no offense) the plastic trim pieces aren't that brittle. my friend and i did it in about 20 mins. pop off the passenger side large trim next to the seat. then pop off the smaller piece up along the rear window. lay the seat down and take some pliers to pop up some of the clips under the rear deck. then get some one to pry up the deck trim enough that you can reach back and unplug the white connector powering the light. use a flash light to look back and identify the connector cuz you are going to be reaching back basically blind. hope this helps. if not just ignore me and let your car be as you see fit.
redjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #20
CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjerry View Post
just unplug it dude. mine bothered me for about two months. i wanted my windows tinted, but didn't want the one in the window to have a dim look. (like you are thinking about living with-no offense) the plastic trim pieces aren't that brittle. my friend and i did it in about 20 mins. pop off the passenger side large trim next to the seat. then pop off the smaller piece up along the rear window. lay the seat down and take some pliers to pop up some of the clips under the rear deck. then get some one to pry up the deck trim enough that you can reach back and unplug the white connector powering the light. use a flash light to look back and identify the connector cuz you are going to be reaching back basically blind. hope this helps. if not just ignore me and let your car be as you see fit.
I actually do appreciate that. After a few days of saying get over it, I still can't stop thinking of the brake light. I'll try that soon and let you know how it goes
Old 11-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #21
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Just putting my two cents in. Some people say they like have 2 third brake lights, to me, that just screams I HAVE AN AFTERMARKET SPOILER, and didn't finish off the details. Not that that is neccessarily a bad thing, but on a lot of cars it is. At least to me.
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
get this. makes it more subtle. i guess. personally i wouldnt unplug it. because most the time people cant see the one in the rear view anyway. more red the better. upit choice though
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakelights, lights