Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #141
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Photo#2 is showing where the painter did not completely paint, we met with the painter and showed him this and it is not going to happen again.

thats good to hear... i was hoping that wasnt going to be the case with all of them being that they are assembled before paint
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #142
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Got car home today. Will take pictures tomorrow. On way home passenger side mirror had whistling. Also there is a couple of indentions not sure if it is supposed to look like that. Will update tomorrow..
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #143
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
This stock picture you have in the threads above indicates the interior of the mirror is painted, yet on the one in complaint on this thread, the interior is obviously not painted at all......is the interior supposed to be painted or not?

I have been saving and have some money to get some mods in a couple weeks and was deciding on which ones to get, and to be honest, this thread has made me a little gunshy of going with these, even though they do look pretty sweet, in the stock photos anyways

Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #144
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Photo#2 is showing where the painter did not completely paint, we met with the painter and showed him this and it is not going to happen again. We should have caught it but did not, it is our fault and we apologized to the customer for that. We made a mistake and have made it right with the customer, the customer is happy and that is what matters to us.

This was the very first set of production mirrors shipped out, we are grateful for this customer pointing out the spot the painter missed. It will help us insure that we are able to maintain high quality standards between us and our 3rd party vendors like painters and aid in making sure that customers are satisfied with the final product.

AKA-22, we appreciate your feedback. As one of the fastest growing companies in the US your feedback is crucial to our continued growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
This stock picture you have in the threads above indicates the interior of the mirror is painted, yet on the one in complaint on this thread, the interior is obviously not painted at all......is the interior supposed to be painted or not?

I have been saving and have some money to get some mods in a couple weeks and was deciding on which ones to get, and to be honest, this thread has made me a little gunshy of going with these, even though they do look pretty sweet, in the stock photos anyways

AAC explained what happened like 3 posts up. It was the painter being careless, they explained it won't happen again.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #145
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Shit happens guys. I've never had an issue with AAC, and they've even made custom items for me (they made the arc reactor that's in my engine cover). While I agree that their "send it back to us and we'll send you another" policy kind of sucks, at least they are making an attempt at correcting the situation. I've dealt with plenty of vendors that have told me I'm SOL, take it up with UPS or FEDEX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
I often find threads here of people complaining about AAC,whats up with that?

No one ever takes the time to post positive comments on a vendor, you always hear the negative.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #146
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
AAC has always stepped up when I needed them to. I will do buisness with them again. The important thing is that they make it right.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #147
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
No one ever takes the time to post positive comments on a vendor, you always hear the negative.
Are you kidding? Go count the threads of Apex's great customer service! AAC can learn a thing or two.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #148
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
I meant usually. And it's hard to compete with Apex's customer service, lol.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #149
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
I guess camaro 5 should just shut this portion of the site down. There are reviews for a reason. I have bought over 2k products From AAC.. I love there products. However this being a new product can have bugs and a review is to make people aware of the issue..I have already said I love the way they look. However there are a few issues that I hope can be resolved and I'm sure it will. Not trying to offend anyone. So far as the bad reviews outweigh the good. Unfortunately it's how the world is. Turn the news on. It's mostly negative. I own a company myself that does over 10 million in sales annually. When we do something bad we hear about it. When things go well it's silent. Just the way of the land most of the time.
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #150
gr8daneh
460 RWHP 420 RWTQ

Drives: 2SS/RS - IBM LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Seriously stieger? I dont want to look at that crap every time I check my mirror. I would hope for $600 they would be flawless.
Ditto.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #151
twentytwelvebee

Drives: 2012/2ss "transformers edition"
update:
second set of mirrors arrived but i'll give AAC a little more time to respond because its "after hours". what i can tell you is that i'm not happy.

Last edited by twentytwelvebee; 10-13-2012 at 05:46 AM.
twentytwelvebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:19 AM   #152
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
AAC has always stepped up when I needed them to. I will do buisness with them again. The important thing is that they make it right.
It is important that AAC makes it right with the customer, which it sounds like they are, however, I think the MOST IMPORTANT issue is that crap like this should never had left the shipping the department. They need to figure something out on their Quality Control side...if they have one.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #153
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
People often DO take the time to post positive comments - in fact, I feel like there's one posted every other week about Apex.

I've had issues with AAC in the past and am currently going through one right now, but they have always taken the time to make things right with me. While that process may have been longer or more difficult than I thought it should, in the end, I am always happy with the outcome and it's the outcome that matters most.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #154
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
Got car home today. Will take pictures tomorrow. On way home passenger side mirror had whistling. Also there is a couple of indentions not sure if it is supposed to look like that. Will update tomorrow..

I thought production mirrors would be shipped with the whistling taken care of

and are the indentations what i brought up a few pages ago?