Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #15
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
so if thats the case, (suspension wise) what would be better than Mag ride?
A more track focused lowered suspension that doesn't try to straddle the smooth ride/handling threshold like a grand touring suspension would. No compromises for handling in a Z/28 lite like kinda way similar to a aftermarket coil over setup.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:47 AM   #16
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Look at a few things from the LTs/SSs (circled in Green).

Name:  2016-chevrolet-camaro-six-underthehood-1-1480x551.jpg
Views: 9470
Size:  92.9 KB

Notice that the hood vents on the SS (center) are the same as in the "1LE" video. Also notice that something seems to be missing in front of the wheels on the car in the video that is visible in this photo and appears to be air inlets in the "ZXX" videos. The rear looks remarkably like an LT though. This is a different setup.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:48 AM   #17
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
I think that a brake and tire upgrade would give a GT350 and run for its money.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:13 AM   #18
1leNPP

Drives: 1LE , 1SS , NPP
Now we getting some were with the 6gen real tires with a real set of rims on the car hopefully we are get some real brakes to go with it to. What really piss me off is someone at GM marketing trying to tell me 13" brakes with a 8 1/2 " wide rim it just kick ass . As soon as GM says now we want to go fast than BAMMMMM !!! the wide rims and tires come out with the big brakes .
1leNPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:17 AM   #19
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leNPP View Post
Now we getting some were with the 6gen real tires with a real set of rims on the car hopefully we are get some real brakes to go with it to. What really piss me off is someone at GM marketing trying to tell me 13" brakes with a 8 1/2 " wide rim it just kick ass . As soon as GM says now we want to go fast than BAMMMMM !!! the wide rims and tires come out with the big brakes .
It is a bit hard to see, but those front brakes in the video seem to be bigger than the 6-piston option for the SS. I could be wrong, but they look pretty big to me.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:19 AM   #20
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
so if thats the case, (suspension wise) what would be better than Mag ride?
How about the DSSV of the Z/28...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:40 AM   #21
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
It feels like Christmas Eve and I can't think of anything else but this even though I'm at work trying to concentrate. I've been averaging about 12hrs or more on this forum the last few days on my laptop and iPad drooling with anticipation with all this eye candy. I need help!
It does feel like Christmas. I bet Dave Pericak over at Ford has had some sleepless nights

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:50 AM   #22
1leNPP

Drives: 1LE , 1SS , NPP
Yes i think your right GretchnGotGrowl I look at the video again and you can just get a fast look at the brakes and they do look bigger. The 6gen 1LE may not be as fast in the 1/4 mile as the GT350 but its looking it will be able to do everything else as good with a better DD motor.
1leNPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:53 AM   #23
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
It does feel like Christmas. I bet Dave Pericak over at Ford has had some sleepless nights
As long as the Mustang keeps selling the way it is globally..I think Ford is sleeping fine.

People are so quick to remember how the 98-02 era ended.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #24
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
As long as the Mustang keeps selling the way it is globally..I think Ford is sleeping fine.

People are so quick to remember how the 98-02 era ended.
Meaning what.....
Old 09-17-2015, 09:03 AM   #25
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
body looks wider, or just the fenders. that thing is looking sweet too, though it does not have the "screaming for more air" looks as the other cars in the past two days.

this is Z/28? sounds freaking mean too.

Good times, good times.

Is it possible we get both the ZL1 and Z/28 in the same model year?
Old 09-17-2015, 09:04 AM   #26
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Meaning what.....
Sales are what keeps a car in the line up. Not the performance. The 4th gen was getting it's butt handed to it in the sales race even though it out performed the Mustang in almost every performance category. And we know how that ended.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:04 AM   #27
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Meaning what.....
The Camaro was mostly the superior vehicle yet the higher prices and associated costs resulted in a much inferior vehicle (the Mustang) clubbing it in sales and driving the Camaro/Firebird out of production.

Better performance does not promise better sales. As I've been saying all along..to the average, non enthusiast buyer..a multi thousand dollar difference matters.

Statistics, performance and raw performance enthusiasts will know exactly how the two stack up and will see the Camaro is much, m uch better out of the box. However John and Jane Public who just want a good looking V8 coupe, but aren't going to track it, or race it, or hot rod it may not be able to justify a large price gap.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:07 AM   #28
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The Camaro was mostly the superior vehicle yet the higher prices and associated costs resulted in a much inferior vehicle (the Mustang) clubbing it in sales and driving the Camaro/Firebird out of production.

Better performance does not promise better sales. As I've been saying all along..to the average, non enthusiast buyer..a multi thousand dollar difference matters.

Statistics, performance and raw performance enthusiasts will know exactly how the two stack up and will see the Camaro is much, m uch better out of the box. However John and Jane Public who just want a good looking V8 coupe, but aren't going to track it, or race it, or hot rod it may not be able to justify a large price gap.
Hopefully this time around the great performance of the V6 option is enough to bridge the gap. They left quite a bit to be desired in the past. Between that and the T4 option, we may be ok.

I would also expect Ford to bump up their pricing since they are now the budget basement of the 3 choices. Which means they can kick prices up and not price themselves out of the category. They are just passing on profit by staying so low
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote