Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-12-2022, 11:12 PM   #1
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Aqua Blue RS/SS’s Aqua Blue RS/SS

I never did a build thread on my First ABM 2SS RS for whatever reason. I decided to do one for the New car. I traded the first one in for the second on June 8 2022. I absolutely loved the first car, but when the chance came up to purchase a local 2900 original mile, even more loaded ABM 2SS RS I had to take it. 70,000 miles vs. 2900 was a no brainer to me.

I’ve already got some of the parts rounded up and on the way to make the new car look more like the old, GM heritage, GM dovetail rear GFX diffuser etc. The biggest differences option wise, between the two is the black stripes, grey interior and sunroof. This car is the one that I’m going to hang on too for a long time. I’ve got some nice plans for it as time and money allow. Luckily I didn’t have to borrow much so it shouldn’t take too long to pay it off. The GM dovetail I ordered from a dealer in Texas was one of the last remaining 4 in dealer inventory, timed that just right. I should have the spoiler either tomorrow or Tuesday. I’ll start the mod process with that as soon as I get it painted ABM. (it’s factory painted white)

The first picture is the old and the new side by side. Black stripes is the new car. And the others are some pics I took of the new car in the dealer show room.
More pictures and updates to come.
Attached Images

ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 10-08-2022 at 10:02 AM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:08 AM   #2
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Nice find. Especially with the low mileage. When I received my ABM in 2013 she had less than 3000 miles on her. I ended up doubling that in less than a month due to traveling cross country to get her.
Can't wait to see the build,

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 07:08 PM   #3
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Great looking ride!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:46 PM   #4
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Thanks guys! Parts are starting to roll in. Wish there was still ABM dovetail spoilers around but I’ll get the white one painted up easily enough.
Attached Images

ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:24 PM   #5
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Test fit on some brand new GM ZL1 side skirts. GFX plans have changed a bit due to some things that came up. Hope to have some paint work done on the skirts, spoiler, front splitter and heritage in the next couple weeks.
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2022, 12:46 AM   #6
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Looking sharp!
Old 08-08-2022, 01:34 PM   #7
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Thanks man! More parts acquired over the weekend. Picked up a GM GFX diffuser off of evilbay which needs a repaint, but looks to have the wheel well brackets still intact. Should be here late this week.
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2022, 10:38 PM   #8
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I kinda like the ZL1 Side skirts with the upper part that is usually body matched being black. How is the car coming along?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 10:46 AM   #9
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

Drives: 13' ZL1
Very Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Thanks guys! Parts are starting to roll in. Wish there was still ABM dovetail spoilers around but I’ll get the white one painted up easily enough.
Looking good! Keep the info and pics coming! I bet that spoiler blocks 1/2 of your view out the back window...
Old 08-20-2022, 11:33 PM   #10
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
I kinda like the ZL1 Side skirts with the upper part that is usually body matched being black. How is the car coming along?
The car is coming along good, the GFX diffuser actually is in great shape, with the corner brackets still intact. I’ve got some paint work to get done then I’ll start putting it together more.

I’m debating not painting them at all for time being and seeing how I like it. I ultimately want to run the GFX skirts when I can get my hands on a set so if I didn’t paint the ZL1 skirts I was thinking it might be easier to unload them to someone else later on. We’ll see. I had a set of GFX skirts fall thru my fingers locally last week. They’ve gotten hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicster View Post
Looking good! Keep the info and pics coming! I bet that spoiler blocks 1/2 of your view out the back window...
Lol no it’s not too bad you really can’t see it in the the rear view mirror much. It doesn’t sit anywhere near that high when it’s mounted up correctly.
It does look sexy in the side view mirrors…

Spoiler pics from my old SS…

And a few of the diffuser. The black paint blew right off of the textured portion with the pressure washer. That’ll make stripping it to paint it blue that much easier.
Attached Images

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 08-21-2022 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-24-2022, 08:50 PM   #11
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I can't believe I'm just now finding your build thread. I'm excited to see the progress of your new ABM. Happy modding!! Sometimes I miss all of the new mods since mine is nearing the final stages of my build.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:07 AM   #12
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Welcome aboard man! I really like how yours has turned out!

I’m still parts hunting for the exterior. The over all performance plan once I get a few more miles on it, is an LSA supercharger, full exhaust, boost cam, and supporting mods, all the suspension mods to keep it planted and 6th gen ZLE wheels and tires. I don’t plan to do much with the interior as it is pretty much perfect the way it is other than I’m on the hunt for a complete auto hurst setup.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 08-26-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:13 PM   #13
Aqua Blue RS/SS

A little closer to where I want it to be. Hope to have the spoiler stripes in later this week from Camaro decal store. Next up probably going to be paint for the GFX diffuser and heritage grill. I’m still thinking on the splitter. Trying to decide between the ACS T4, the SLP, and The 10-13 Z28 style. Starting to contemplate tires and wheels as well, I want wider tires all the way around. Maybe 5th ZL1 or even 6th ZL1. We’ll see what happens lol.
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2022, 06:03 AM   #14
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Looking good!

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote