Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
Transformer

I just can't get over how much I love seeing these cars at shows. Amazing.

Last edited by boltmark; 07-22-2012 at 03:28 AM.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Maybe it had a nice dent in it which made it one of a kind?
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #3
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
we have one of those types at work,supposedly bought a transformers edition ss a year or so ago. I say supposedly because the car apparently is invisible cause nobody has ever seen it. But he was quick to come over to my car yesterday and point out that "his back tires are wider".

Asked him to drive it to work but he says he never drives it cause it'll be worth so much some day. What i don't think he realizes is that by the time the car is old enough to be considered rare and valuable (ie collecters car)...

1. he will be long dead from old age
2. won't be able to run it because gas will be $$$$ or won't even be available anymore.
3. the current transformers fad will be long dead and nobody will give a crap.

My money is betting he's full of it and doesn't own a camaro at all.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:22 AM   #4
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhurst View Post
My money is betting he's full of it and doesn't own a camaro at all.

and if he does....there seems to be a Transformers trend here
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #5
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
My car can turn into a robot...

My car can fight Decepticon Mustangs and beat the tar out of them...

My car talks to me through the radio...

My car can drive itself...

My car will be worth millions someday...

My car was NOT built by that assbag Saleen so he could turn around and rag on it at Mustang meets...

The car has a built-in theme. Either you can deal with it or don't. I don't feel the need to prop up the car at a car meet because I let the car do the talking! Not literally. But the car is what it is. I find subtle is better. I'm always getting questioned about it no matter where the car goes to this day. I try to turn that into getting them to go to the Chevy dealer and get their own Camaro. There will always be haters in this world. and some are those who can't seem to read above the robot head on the fender to see it's still a Camaro.

Now, only ONE of these things above are false...ok, you got me...the car can't drive itself...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
I don't see ANY of the C5's being collector cars. First they have made way over 100,000 of them in every edition possible, and they are still making them. Even the 45th won't be anything special. look at the anniversary edition Mustngs. Not worth any more than the others. It's not a collectible if they make gazillions of them.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
agreed, you just should have heard this dude going on and on about the transformer emblems on the car, how you can't get them only a hand few made.
Geez...The GM ones are available from GMParts at $78, and from ebay, they are $4. (Not quite as nice, but still, damn close.)
Old 06-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
My yellow SS isn't an official Transformer and I bought it because I like the yellow/black stripe combo. It special to me because as of a couple of weeks ago, its paid for.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
My yellow SS isn't an official Transformer and I bought it because I like the yellow/black stripe combo. It special to me because as of a couple of weeks ago, its paid for.
If it's special to you, that is all that matters. I bought mine for the same reason...Yellow with stripes. My grandson wanted the Transformer stuff on it. What the heck, if it makes him happy, and it didn't cost much, I was willing.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
I don't see ANY of the C5's being collector cars. First they have made way over 100,000 of them in every edition possible, and they are still making them. Even the 45th won't be anything special. look at the anniversary edition Mustngs. Not worth any more than the others. It's not a collectible if they make gazillions of them.
The first ones are always collectibles. For example, I have pre-production 198. My car came off the line before vin 001. If I didn't drive the shit out of my car and enjoy it everyday as my DD, I would say it would've been worth a lot!

Also, it's aqua blue (discontinued), 2LT (rarest of the V6), manual, and no RS. All of which make it a 1 of 1 car. Still, I could care less because it's my DD and I love it and am going to continue driving the crap out of it!
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
Hec_45th

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
There were less than 1800 first TF special edition and still waiting on the numbers of the TF3 which might be less. Only 100 honor&valor edition, and still waiting for the 45th an Synergy numbers. So yea didn't make 100000 of the
Old 06-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
Raziel101977
2010 Transformer Edition

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Transformer Ed.
Hmmm I think it is very funny people go and pee on your parade. The whole reason this post is even up there is because I got 1st and he got 3rd. I don't go telling people anything, they come up and ask I tell what I know. It's funny How Idiots like this guy goes and all nice to you and then gets burned @ a carshow then bad mouths you on our community camaro forum. What an assh***. What kills me is he sets there with no one to talk to no one hardly comes up and asks about his car. Why because he walks around like a jerk and not very friendly. Why, like he says he doesn't care. I don't like to be bad mouthed when you shake my hand and say glad to see you. You snake. Nice way to make bad blood. It wasn't 7 hrs of anything btw I was mostly quiet and sitting with my family. He was right behind me "BY HIMSELF"!!! LOSER!!!! There my rant is over. I really don't care what he says I say what I say it may be wrong but atleast I'll admit it if it is. I don't go on forums complaining because I really got 3rd. Can't help it cause the judges like what they like it's not my fault!
Raziel101977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hec_45th View Post
There were less than 1800 first TF special edition and still waiting on the numbers of the TF3 which might be less. Only 100 honor&valor edition, and still waiting for the 45th an Synergy numbers. So yea didn't make 100000 of the
Maybe, but when you have an endless variety of so-called limited editions, it sort of cuts their value. They made only 1000 give or take, Solstice Coupes...and they are selling for less than sticker. Maybe in 100 years, if any survive that long...higher value. But...good luck, maybe they will make a killing some day.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
Raziel101977
2010 Transformer Edition

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Transformer Ed.
Well if you got 1st then my mistake could have sworn they said 3rd. hmm Secondly if people can't stand me BFD They don't have to hang around me. I gave you plenty of time to get out of your car and you were wiping yours down and I left you to your business. I have a feeling it's not me people don't like cause I am nice to everyone. I think it's you they don't like which includes me. If you want to start something like this say it to my face don't be a little BI*** and say it on the forums.
Raziel101977 is offline   Reply With Quote