Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #57
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
sounds like a lot of people think this thread shoudln't exist.

Whatever.. I guess there's always going to be people that care a lot about their shiny new paint job and worry about people parking next to them.

I've owned lots of cars, some I care about.. some I don't. Where I park is oftent he result of 2 things.

1. how lazy I am (and not in a walking distance way)
2. how much I care about the vehicle.

For instance, my truck.. I don't care a lot about it, but I park really far away. Why? Because I hate parking lots with it. It's cumbersome and hard to maneuver, so I park really far away and take up 2-4 spaces with it just to get the message to people that hey.. I don't want to bother with these lines ok? Ijust want to stop moving this thing for a few minutes. Most people get it.

With the camaro it's the first car in a while I actually care about and respect in so far as it's physical condition. My 4th gen had scratches and dents and I honestly could care less. I would wash it with a rough tire brush if I couldn't get a bug off. It needed to be repainted anyway so who cares right?

With this car it's different. I park far away and take up the same 2-4 spaces with the car, HOWEVER with this car people try to park beside it.. why? Because they seem to realize there's a difference between me not being able to park, and me not wanting them to park next to me. I'm not sure how they can tell.

Here at the office I park in the "rich people area." I often come out of the office to find a bentley or a jaguar, a ferrari, an M3, a maseratti backed into the space next to me. I'm perfectly ok with this and honestly and honored that they don't feel paranoid about me as an american car owner abusing THEIR ride when I come out.

The other day though there was a beat up civic 2 spaces over. Sorry civic.. 2 spaces is too close.. your inferiority takes up more spots than that.

I think its all in the "give a shit" factor. The more you give a shit, the less others will and will try to "put you in your place" for having something worth enjoying in life. Misery loves company..
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #58
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHasCamaro View Post
This happened to me today. I parked on the third level of a parking garage, and I was the ONLY car in the row. I get back and a ****ing Acura was parked next to me. There was SOMEONE INSIDE laying down in the drivers seat with it reclined all the way back. WTF? Good thing I had my pistol in case he tried to jack. I'm sure that was his plan but I probably startled him so he couldn't get the jump on me. Did he think i wasn't going to scope out the car that parked RIGHT ****ING NEXT TO ME? Prick...
Maybe he was planning to choke his..... rather than choke you?
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #59
zkengo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
About 12 years ago I was working in downtown Ottawa doing maintenance at a hotel. I parked my 82 Camaro across the street in a lot owned by the hotel. The parking spaces where behind a row of old townhouses. I had backed into my usual spot. After working 10hours I came out to one hell of a surprise. The front end of my car was dragged completely into the parking space on the passenger side. It didn`t take long to figure out what happened. There were huge tire rub marks starting from behind the drivers front tire all the way across to the nose of the car. I seemed someone with a lifted 4x4 with what had to be at least 37 inch boggers on it, turned to short pulling out of his spot and caught my car with his rear tire on the way out. And of course no one in any of the townhouses saw a thing. I had to replace driver front fender, the hood and the bumper cover. I can say with complete and total honestly that had that douche bag stuck around I wouldn`t be here today writing this. So now that I have my SS I park as far from the doors when I shop and I usually park in a corner taking up two spaces. I usually get the hairy eyeball from people but as soon as they see my big ass get out of the car, they don`t have much to say and just stare at the ground as they walk by. I Fn love it. I say take as much space as you need within reason and FTW.
zkengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #60
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPNBY View Post
All of a sudden I come out and a chinese man in his big a$$ van
I fail to see the relevance of race in your story.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #61
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan88 View Post
the only car that ever parks next to my camaro in a parking lot is another camaro lol. even then its a few spots over or the next row over. never had anyone else park next to me.

actually if I see a camaro in a lot I'll usually park next to it. that way nobody else can, and I certainly wont hit it with a door, and likewise don't have to worry about being hit by one.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #62
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
Cool

This is what I think, our cars are such magnets, that they draw people to them when they first come into a parking lot,
they want to look at them so they drive right over to it and then go about there business.......................................... ... JRJ
Old 04-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #63
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkengo View Post
About 12 years ago I was working in downtown Ottawa doing maintenance at a hotel. I parked my 82 Camaro across the street in a lot owned by the hotel. The parking spaces where behind a row of old townhouses. I had backed into my usual spot. After working 10hours I came out to one hell of a surprise. The front end of my car was dragged completely into the parking space on the passenger side. It didn`t take long to figure out what happened. There were huge tire rub marks starting from behind the drivers front tire all the way across to the nose of the car. I seemed someone with a lifted 4x4 with what had to be at least 37 inch boggers on it, turned to short pulling out of his spot and caught my car with his rear tire on the way out. And of course no one in any of the townhouses saw a thing. I had to replace driver front fender, the hood and the bumper cover. I can say with complete and total honestly that had that douche bag stuck around I wouldn`t be here today writing this. So now that I have my SS I park as far from the doors when I shop and I usually park in a corner taking up two spaces. I usually get the hairy eyeball from people but as soon as they see my big ass get out of the car, they don`t have much to say and just stare at the ground as they walk by. I Fn love it. I say take as much space as you need within reason and FTW.
I had a friend... he was the world's worst driver. No lie, he got pulled over for suspicion of driving under the influence about once per week... and he didn't drink.

Years ago, I'd been talking about how cool Camaros were. He went out and bought one, but it was the most ragged out and rusted 2nd gen on the planet. Even I, lover of all things Camaro, didn't love it. Wasn't worth $50, let alone the couple grand he paid. Driving down the road, parts would simply fall off of it, on a regular basis. Spontaneously, too... no bump required.

So one night, as we left a parking lot, WWD was backing out of his parking space. We were next to a nice looking 7- series. Before even in motion, though, WWD turned the wheel all the way to the left, then hit the accelerator. The front end swung around, dragged all the way down the side of the 7-series, and pushed that car into a Mercedes on the other side of it.

WWD continued to back out, put it in drive, and off we went. Me and the other passengers were too stunned to speak for a few moments... but somebody finally squeaked, "Aren't you going to go back?"

WWD asked, "What are you talking about?"

Subsequent conversation revealed that, indeed, he never even noticed himself ramming, and climbing over half of a BMW. He really had no clue... to this day, he still thinks his buddies were screwing with him. His own Camaro was so F'd up to start with, that there was no way to tell what had been there before or after...

Just saying... people like this exist.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #64
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Once in a while, I'll take myself to the movies... just go by myself. Sometimes, I'll enter a theater and find only one or two others in there.

I always thought it would funny to walk into one of those barely- occupied theaters, and go sit myself down right next to the only other person in there. I mean, why not?
I've never done, it, and never would (because, for certain, I don't like sitting NEXT to any strangers, and they might not leave!), but it would be funny...

Maybe that's the same somewhat warped sense of humor the drivers of the POSs are trying to exhibit... !!!
I've always wanted to do this too, lol! But like you, I'll probably never do it. Too awkward!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #65
gmanz28

Drives: 2010 LT2 RS Black/1980Z28 Ttop4spd
I'm at like 5 Knicks because of those POS bastards I feel your pain bro.
gmanz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #66
bc22z

Drives: black and red
i always park in the back of the parking lot and the one time i don't i come out and there's a dent on my rear driverside fender
bc22z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #67
fbodyauto

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDRAMA View Post
Ok....wtf is up with ppl? When parking in a parking lot, Im sure like most of you I find a nice safe spot far away where its usually pretty empty...I park, run in the store with nobody around..it feels like a sure safe bet, I feel like my car is "safe" lol....only to come out and see some POS or some work van etc parked right next to my camaro...the whole area where I parked is still empty but they decide to park so close to my car my heart stops and feel sick when I first see it lol....wtf is up with this lol? Ppl get kicks out of freaking us out lol? I just dont get it.

This is why I pay a little bit more each month for a $50 deductible...

But I know how that is, I've had that problem with cars before and am getting really upset with it in the past couple days of owning my 2012.
fbodyauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #68
PsychoDRAMA

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I was just at a stop sign and some idiot on foot started yelling "You think you own the road because you have a nice F****** car!?" I responded with "are you f****** serious?!?....he says "Ya Im f****** serious".... I wanted to get out of the car and knock him out but whatever....I just yelled "No need to be jealous b****!" and revved the engine while he responded so I couldn't hear him and drove off lol.
PsychoDRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #69
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDRAMA View Post
I was just at a stop sign and some idiot on foot started yelling "You think you own the road because you have a nice F****** car!?" I responded with "are you f****** serious?!?....he says "Ya Im f****** serious".... I wanted to get out of the car and knock him out but whatever....I just yelled "No need to be jealous b****!" and revved the engine while he responded so I couldn't hear him and drove off lol.
You need a tire knocker.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #70
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
In the 2.5 years having my car I still park way the hell in BFE.. and never fails half the time I will find a POS parked right next to me.. So far only one small ding in that time frame.. If im at a resturant I park where I can see it from the inside lol. Now that is sad isnt it?? ... My kids still ask me why do I have to park so far away? I just smile and say one day when you get your favorite car you will understand.