Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #29
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Before people are allowed posting, they should be required to read an introductory post and then take a quiz afterwards. If they fail the quiz, they are not allowed to post. Some of the answers to the questions on the quiz should be:

1. Yes, it will void your warranty.
2. No, you can't make your V6 sound like a V8.
3. No, the electric supercharger does not work.
4. Yes, we've seen the funny Camaro ad on ebay.
5. Pick any intake you like. Unless you are racing and need to squeeze out every last HP, it just doesn't matter.
6. No, you cannot add the HP for each mod to get the total HP increase.

I'm sure there are others, but that should be enough to get started.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #30
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuluKilla8 View Post
I was doing 100 mph in a 25 zone and this dumb cop pulled me over for no reason besides i drive a camaro....
He was just hatin on my camero
Old 08-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #31
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
You know what really sucks? My folks won't let me trade in my SS for a ZL1, unless I agree to take out the trash more. C'mon dudez, I am 17, not 12! I am like totally mature for my age and will totally respect the car.
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #32
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
You know what really sucks? My folks won't let me trade in my SS for a ZL1, unless I agree to take out the trash more. C'mon dudez, I am 17, not 12! I am like totally mature for my age and will totally respect the car.
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #33
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Its the Camaro5 way... BUT in most people defense, the search fxn SUCKS here.

You get used to it.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #34
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Can we merge this post with the countless other "same threads over & over" threads?
not another one...

I guess we look at it a different way... A lot people are new to the whole Camaro and car forum phenomenon and are excited to share their experiences with their Camaro. Thus, once they stop being a lurker and decide to join the community and post, they test the water so to say. I remember building the courage to make that first post.

I agree the search function on most sites is usually not user friendly. And yes, most people don't use it before making a thread. That's why I like rule # 1 which is

1) Respect & Be Helpful — By far, the most important rule here. Generations of Camaro enthusiasts have come together through a shared passion for the car and the community (in fact, the name "Camaro" means "friend, pal, or comrade"), so the golden rule applies: Treat others as you wish to be treated. This means no foul language, insults, or rude remarks towards other members.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #35
ZuluKilla8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS RJT
Will the ZL1 come in a V6?
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Holley Hi-Ram Manifold,Custom grind boost cam,Vortech V-3,10Rib 3.47 Pully Airfilter Pipe Delete, 10 PSI, TSP LT Headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, Alky Control Meth Kit, PFADT 1.25, ZL1 Fuel Pump, DSS 1000HP axles, Mantic ER2 Clutch, Full BMR rear suspension drag pack upgrade. C6 Vette 18 rims with M/T 305 out back. COPO Hood
Race Proven Motorsports tuned
ZuluKilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #36
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I think you don't understand the point of car specific forums...
It's in the nature to be repetitive, that's what they're about
I think you don't understand the point of stupid people...
It's in their nature to be repetitive, that's why they're annoying

(Notice the correct use of "their" and "they're"...there, I said it!)

2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:54 PM   #37
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Wait wait wait!!!!! You forgot the most damn annoying thread (besides what intake or exhaust should I get) A6 vs. M6....I get so tired of the auto vs manual crapola!
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #38
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
not another one...

I guess we look at it a different way... A lot people are new to the whole Camaro and car forum phenomenon and are excited to share their experiences with their Camaro. Thus, once they stop being a lurker and decide to join the community and post, they test the water so to say. I remember building the courage to make that first post.

I agree the search function on most sites is usually not user friendly. And yes, most people don't use it before making a thread. That's why I like rule # 1 which is

1) Respect & Be Helpful — By far, the most important rule here. Generations of Camaro enthusiasts have come together through a shared passion for the car and the community (in fact, the name "Camaro" means "friend, pal, or comrade"), so the golden rule applies: Treat others as you wish to be treated. This means no foul language, insults, or rude remarks towards other members.

I notice that mods can edit their posts without the post listing that it was edited, as you just did. Interesting.

I got the whole "new experience" thing; I've been there. And the search function is horrible. Fix: use Google, it points to all kind of stuff in this forum. Can you integrate a Google search feature within the forum?

I concur with being helpful. If I know an answer to a question, and it has not already been posted in the thread, I post. That does not happen often, since folks on here are pretty quick on the keyboard and have a good knowledge base.

Also, folks on here are nasty all day long. Personally, I feel like as long as one does not threaten another, and follows the "no foul language rule", users should be able to say what they like.

I see nice pics of great mods, and two posts later, some d-bag slams the guys ride, "that sucks" or the vomit emoticon or "looks like crap" or "fail". I try to avoid falling into that trap, though I am probably guilty somewhere. Mostly if I don't like it, I just don't comment.

I understand you all cannot monitor all garbage all the time, which is why I think you should remove that from the rules; it is unenforceable.

"Please be respectful, but if you cannot, no foul language and no threats." Then just run word searches for the language.

And if you give someone the ban boot, then delete the thread that got him/her booted, where is the object lesson? (Ref: Fast Eddie) I saw his reincarnation thread, was curious about his infraction, but it was disappeared. No learning point provided.

I think that one of the responsibilities of moderating/managing a forum is guidance and structure. There is an a$$ ton of info in here, but it is hard to access because of structure. That is probably why folks re-run subjects so much.

Maybe there are better forum interfaces out there? Maybe a better structure of the forums/sub-forums, i.e. more specificity? I just know that my job has an Information Management / Knowledge Management problem and it drives me nuts, so when I see similar problems in the open Internet, it makes me wonder how to make it better.

My .02.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #39
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Good points!

A couple things I can answer.

First off, What editing??? lol I had an epiphany after making my smart-ass post.

As for members infractions, we never disclose to anyone outside the staff what actions were taken.

The report feature on a thread is your friend and helps us by notifying all staff there may be an issue.

We also have a subtopic section for suggestions and we do read it.

Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions From and for the admins.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:44 PM   #40
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I have never had a problem with the search function on this forum for the 3+ years that I've used it...... and I use it often.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #41
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Vbulletin search sucks, no matter what the site. For the best results, go to google and search "INSERT WHATEVER YOU'RE SEARCHING FOR site:camaro5.com/forums" minus the quotation marks.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #42
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Am I the youngest camaro owner?!