Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #15
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
LOL, I got it! I was waiting for the slamming shut TB saga to open up on TPIS. Good to hear you have no clue how to lift...lol

This shit happens so quickly I can't pay attention!! The car spins so much lately I just stay in it and it'll hook eventually. It doesn't usually end by blowing up.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #16
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Where was the window switch set to bud? You usually want to keep that at (Or a hair above) the shift point and a couple hundred RPM before the limiter, just in case of an over-rev or a spin. Also if your throttle is closing the TPS would drop below WOT set point and also kill the nitrous...

And its a Maggie with nitrous.. Bump that compression up buddy you run straight race gas anyways.. high 10s, to 11:1 sounds like a good number.

Things just happen too quickly out there, good luck with the new setup bud you'll be running again before you know it
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Where was the window switch set to bud? You usually want to keep that at (Or a hair above) the shift point and a couple hundred RPM before the limiter, just in case of an over-rev or a spin. Also if your throttle is closing the TPS would drop below WOT set point and also kill the nitrous...

Things just happen too quickly out there, good luck with the new setup bud you'll be running again before you know it

I'm not sure where all that stuff was set. I think it was a perfect storm of shit that happened in an instant. The blade closed but it didn't look like the TPS ever changed.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #18
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post

And its a Maggie with nitrous.. Bump that compression up buddy you run straight race gas anyways.. high 10s, to 11:1 sounds like a good number.

Agreed. Your window WOT switch should have prevented this.

Also, why mill the heads at all when you are getting new pistons just order the ones you need for the compression you want.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Thanks! I will sent this info to Ted. It's out of my hands now. I'm just doing PR and finance.

I'm assuming coated pistons.
No problem. Fixed my post btw.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
Agreed. Your window WOT switch should have prevented this.

Also, why mill the heads at all when you are getting new pistons just order the ones you need for the compression you want.

Agreed. On the piston's, the milling was just incase we couldn't get the piston's we wanted or needed to get the compression right. I'm not sure what's on the shelf and what would need to be made.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #21
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
One step at a time and your ride will be hauling the mail again before you know it!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
One step at a time and your ride will be hauling the mail again before you know it!

I'm an all the steps right f'in now kinda guy so your there doesn't work for me!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #23
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
You'll like the ERL.. I have JE pistons, and they are coated... Glad progress is being made..

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #24
unforgiven
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 ss
c-16 with o2 sensors? is that ok?
unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #25
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
........ HI......

You know, you could always buy Chris' (VanquisherSS) car. I'm pretty sure he would sell it to you cheap. or for spare parts.

In all seriousness, I'm glad you finally know what the hell happened and that you have some sort of jacked up plan, sort of, right now. I hope it all works out, and I'm sure it will.

On the lighter side, just let me know, I can come up to CT and cart your ass around for some gas money and food.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #26
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgiven View Post
c-16 with o2 sensors? is that ok?
We've done it bunches.... we only run the primary o2 sensor though, no cats.... I'll say that blowing up turbos is harder on them than c-16

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #27
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post

You know, you could always buy Chris' (VanquisherSS) car. I'm pretty sure he would sell it to you cheap. or for spare parts.
Whoa there lol
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #28
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Whoa there lol
Hey I'm just trying to help you out selling it. More money in your pocket for the shiny new one you want .
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote