Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-21-2015, 08:01 AM   #15
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
I have LTs on my DD and love it. Period.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:16 AM   #16
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
wow that's quite
Yeah, otherwise the 6ers sound like shit when too loud. I opted for straight pipe to the resonated xpipe with no resonators, instead of the xpipe after the resonators.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:49 AM   #17
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I don't daily drive Ruby anymore but I totally would have no problem doing so with my set-up. It has growl at acceleration but still relatively quiet at cruise/idle and minimal drone. I have ARH long tubes, high flow cats, & h-pipe specially designed by Nick at AHR for our cars for better sound. I have a borla exhaust & CAI intake with scoop & washer bottle relocation also. I say go for it but do your research as some set-ups sound better than others. Find one you will like as we all have different likes.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:09 AM   #18
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Yeah, otherwise the 6ers sound like shit when too loud. I opted for straight pipe to the resonated xpipe with no resonators, instead of the xpipe after the resonators.
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #19
sappy

Drives: white 2011 1lt
i ran long tubes with no res x-pipe for a long time. its not that they are TOO loud.. its the rasp with the 6-er that will make you put a res -x-pipe on it.

be careful as they are loud enough where cops and other drivers think your trying to race just by leaving a stop light with alittle bit of foot.

drone isnt that bad... but rasp... the rasp is what got me. i think it sounds great with an x-pipe on it. plus i just got cutouts for when i want to set off car alarms.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #20
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
damian559, please send me your cash! THAT WOULD BE THE BEST INVESTMENT
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #21
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
I have a 11 year old son i cant keep fed anymore, please send the money this way. your car is plenty fast and loud.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:10 PM   #22
RED10LS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS Silver
I have long tubes, high flow cats, and Flowmaster axel back American thunder
exhaust and it was too loud so I bought the Magnaflow resonated x-pipe and it sounds great.
I had it tuned and it runs great. Its not too much for a DD.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:40 PM   #23
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I have long tubes, no cats and flowmasters on my DD v6. It is loud at start up and WOT but I like it. I leave everyday at 630 am and no one has complained about my car. A lot get resonated x to tone the rasp down. Mine gets raspy at WOT but whatever it is a v6 lol. Long tube gains are worth the money and a lot more gains than shortys on our motors. Check out OBX long tubes, good for the cost. Lot on here use em, including me
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:04 PM   #24
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11CamaroLS View Post
I have long tubes, no cats and flowmasters on my DD v6. It is loud at start up and WOT but I like it. I leave everyday at 630 am and no one has complained about my car. A lot get resonated x to tone the rasp down. Mine gets raspy at WOT but whatever it is a v6 lol. Long tube gains are worth the money and a lot more gains than shortys on our motors. Check out OBX long tubes, good for the cost. Lot on here use em, including me
Yep, and I am one of them. OBX headers, Magnaflow Resonated X pipe (to help control RASP), exits out my MRT 2.0 axle backs. Can be extremely quite (almost stock like) when driving thru the sub-division. And sounds GREAT when I get on it.